Status: Typing :)

Pretty Red Pumpkin Skittles.

Chapter Seventeen.

-10 Years Later-
-Frank’s P.O.V.-
I watch as some kid walks into the shop. I love how nervous they get… it makes it so obvious it’s their first tattoo.
“Um, hello…” The young man looks up at me.
“Hey, welcome to Skeleton Ink…” I smile and take a sip of my coffee.
“I was wondering if I could get this tattoo today…” He placed a piece of paper on the table.
I pick it up and look it over. Nodding, I look back at him and frown.
“Can I see some ID?” I place the paper back down.
He shakily get’s his wallet out and hands me his ID. I look it over and smirk. This is so fake… 21, from California… James Way. James Way? Why do I know that name.
“James… uh… this might sound weird… but your father isn’t called Mikey is he?” I look at him.
“Um… yes…” He chewed his lip.
“Then I can’t tattoo you… you are only 15 if I remember correctly.” I laugh and hand the ID back.
“Shit… you know my dad… please don’t tell him… he’ll kill me.” James started to panic.
“Calm down… I haven’t spoken to him in 10 years…” I smile and lean forward. “What’s this tattoo about though?”
“My mum… She died 10 years ago this week…” He sighed and put his ID and the drawing away.
“Oh…” I frown and nod. “Well, look I’ll do you a deal… if you get Mikey to agree and come in with you, I can do the tattoo… but I can’t do it otherwise…” I chew my lip.
“Thanks… he won’t go for it though” James sighed. “How do you know my dad, by the way?” He looked up again.
“Oh… we um… really good friends…” I smile and take a sip of my coffee.
“You were a boyfriend?” James raised his eyebrow. “I do know about it… so 10 years ago… before my mum died… are you the internet guy or that Pete guy?”
“Internet guy… Mikey told you about me?” I frown.
“Yeah… he talks about his past a lot… he still blames himself for my mum dying… cause if he didn’t leave you, she’d still be alive or something…” James shrugged. “He still remembers you… you should meet up with him or something…”
“That would be nice…” I smile a little. “Bring him by… we can get that tattoo done for you as well, if he’s okay with it.”

-One day later-
Can’t that phone see I’m busy here?! Ring Ring Ring. I put my sandwich down and answer.
“Hello?” I sigh, answering.
“Hey… Is that Frank Iero?” A familiar voice asks.
“That’s me… how can I help you?” I grab my diet cola and take a sip.
“Um, its Mikey Way… my son went into your tattoo place yesterday…” He said nervously.
“Mikey…” I choke on my drink. “Hey… so what made you call?” I sat up straighter.
“I was wondering if I could book him that appointment…” Mikey said.
“Ask him for coffee!!” I hear James in the background.
“Uh, yeah…” I look down at the appointment book. “How’s Friday at 5, sound?”
“Yeah, that’ll be fine…” Mikey answered.
I heard James asking in the background, about what I’m saying and to ask me out again.
“Cool, I’ll write you in…” I look down, writing James’ appointment down. “So… Would you like to go for a drink or something? Just to catch up…”
“What? Uh… y-yeah, that would be nice…” Mikey stuttered.
“Cool, when you free?” I ask.
“I don’t mind…” He replied, I could hear James in the background again… “After you finish work?”
“Yeah… how is 6 o’clock at Starbucks next door to Skeleton Ink?”

-Starbuck’s-
I watch the door, waiting for Mikey. He’s 10 minutes late… I hope he hasn’t cancelled. I look down at my ring, twisting it, in between my finger tips. ’I should take it off.’ I pull it off and place it in pocket, just as Mikey walks in.
“Hey…” Mikey smiled and sat down opposite me.
“Hi…” I smile back. “I uh, I ordered you a coffee…”
“Thank you.” He smiled and picked his drink up.
“So… how have you been?” I smile and take a sip of my coffee.
“Okay I guess… just being there for James, mostly.” He shrugged a little. “What about you?”
“Just taking care of my business, the shop’s still doing well.” I smile.
“That’s good. I’m glad…” He nodded. “Look, Frank… I’m sorry…”
“Don’t worry about it…” I shrug.
“But I hurt you…” He put his hand on top of mine. “I never meant to do that and I really am sorry…”
“It’s ok… it’s in the past now…” I turn my hand round, taking his hand in mine. “I’d like to just… start new?”
“That sounds good to me…” He smiled and linked our fingers. “I missed being with you.”
“Me too… would you like to have dinner with me?” I smile at him.
“Sure… where do you have in mind?” He smiled back.
“How about my place? We’ll order in… watch a film?” I chew my lip a little.
“That sounds good to me.” Mikey smiled and squeezed my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for how short this is, how long it took me to write this and how long it will probably take me to write the next one.
I have had a lot going on the past few months and I still have a lot going on. But I kinder wanna start writing this again. So I will try my very best.
Thank you for reading. Comments help toward writing ;D