Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

Liar, Liar

It took about 3 hours, but after they had watched the security video tapes they realised what I already knew. Grace was charged with assault, making a false statement and something else. They dropped me back at my grandparents’ place where I was picked up and hugged tightly by Jack.

He places me down and I explain what had happened at the hospital and the station. Jack sighs and rubs his face with his hand. He sighs again and takes my hand in his, leading me down to our bedroom.

“I know today has been awful for you and now might not be the right time, but I got this for you today,” Jack tells me as he sits me down on the bed and takes something out from under the pillow, “I found the ring, will you marry me Jacqueline Elouise Martin?”

“Of course Jack, I love you,” I kiss him as he places a beautiful diamond and emerald ring on my ring finger. We sit on our bed cuddling until my parents come to tell us that dinner is ready. With a mixture of noises we untangle ourselves and trudge down the hallway to the dining room. We take our seats and get halfway through the meal before Trina notices the ring.

“Oh! My! God!” Katrina puts a hand to her mouth and points at my ring with the other.

“No way!” my mother’s face lights up happily and she starts crying.

“You’re joking right?” Mitchell asks amazed.

“Wow, congratulations kids,” my grandmother smiles at us and squeezes my hand. I look at Jack with a smile and show my family the ring.

They get out the champagne they had been keeping for Christmas and pour everyone a glass, even Katrina and Mitchell. We all smile and talk about the upcoming wedding and they gush about when they had known that this would happen.

Midnight comes and goes and by then my family has called everyone that they know to announce the good news. We call Jack’s parents and tell them and they drive over and join our little celebration.

Though in the middle of our festivities, I get a phone call. I hear deep breathing on the other end of the line then a chuckle before the line goes dead. I look at Jack with a worried expression and suddenly the mood is ruined for the two of us. We claim to be tired and retire to our room where we sit and look at my phone, tossing up possibilities on who could have made the call.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short I know but here you go :)

Loving my subscribers and my lovely commenter Hstheatreislife :)

Hoping to update again soon, but seeing that I have an exam tomorrow I probably won't, maybe after tomorrow's exam as a celebration because I'll never have to study maths again :P

Also this is the ring