Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

Life begins

We decided a while ago not to go on a honeymoon until later on in the year after work had settled down a bit. So the two of us spent the weekend in a hotel room on the Sunshine Coast, just chilling out and having a good time, just the two of us.

On the sunday night we drove back to our apartment in Brisbane and as we were unpacking Jack brought up the pile of mail that must have arrived on Friday. In it was a letter from the defence force. Telling Jack that the application that he had made all those months ago had gone through and they were now doing an intake of officers. He was required to go down to the defence force Brisbane office on Monday morning at 8am and do his interview and medical.

With a smile on my face I hug Jack and he spins me around in his excitement. I go into our room and pack his gym gear and find the folders and notes that he had prepared in case this would happen, whilst he calls his boss and tells him that he won't be able to come in tomorrow.

As we lay down in our bed that night I can't help but to realise, if Jack gets in, it will be a minimum service period of 3 whole years.

*

The next day at work all I seemed to do was sit at my desk and tap my pencil on the paper which I was supposed to be designing a gorgeous ball gown for the Prime Minister. I just couldn't get my mind off of Jack and how he was going in his interview. I found myself looking up at the clock every now at then only to realise that I was looking at it every 2 to 3 minutes. The time til 5 just dragged, each second felt like an hour.

On my lunch break I decided to walk through the centre of Brisbane, to clear my head and just soak in the warmth of the day. Whilst making my way back to my office my phone rings and I answer, without looking at the caller id hoping its Jack.

"Hello sweetheart, how was your weekend away?" my mother asks me and I can't help but feel slightly disappointed.

"It was good Mumma, I really enjoyed the time we got to spend together," I tell her as I wait for the pedestrian lights to go green.

"Kiki is there something wrong?" she picks up on it, she always does.

"Jack got a letter from the ADF, asking him to go in today to do his interview and medical today. I guess I'm just really nervous for him and hoping he gets in," I tell her and she begins soothing me. We hang up when I get to the office and I feel so much better. I sit down at my desk and draw 5 different rough concepts for the dress then go into my boss's office and ask for her opinion, we narrow it down to 3 dresses and I place them on my desk before packing up for the day and hurrying down to catch the train back to our apartment.

I can feel myself practically running to our building and choose the steps instead of the elevator. I unlock the door and walk in to see Jack on the couch with his head in his hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go people, I wish to thank my 9 subs, you're all pretty amazing :)
And as always, my amazing, commenter Theatreislife