Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

Crazy

Cara woke up to the feeling of arms wrapped around her, opening one eye she saw Jake's jaw she realized her head was resting on his shoulder and she had one of her own arms wrapped around his chest. She moved her arm which made him move one of his and allowed her to sit up. Last night was good...but it felt too much like a date to her, she needed to back away some.

"Can't wait to get away?" Jake's husky voice asked as he opened his own eyes and sat up on one arm to look at her as she scrambled to get her clothes.

"I shouldn't have stayed all night. I have things to do today." she said searching for her bra.

"Well if you slow down there I can get around and take you back to your apartment."

"I'll just hail a cab." she said and was a little surprised when Jake didn't argue.

"All right. Whatever." he said getting up and walking naked towards his bathroom where he shut the door behind him, she heard him turn on the shower. She stopped rushing and starred at the door. So she really didn't want to argue with him about a ride, but maybe a little argument would have felt better. Shaking her head and throwing on her shirt she hurried out of the room and slid on her shoes and walked out of his apartment.

"His name's Thomas, we met at school." Kelly said after their breakfast arrived. "So was it Jake?" she asked knowing her cousin wouldn't ask anything more about her new lover.

"Was what Jake?"

"Don't play stupid, you have a hickey on the side of your neck."

Cara quickly covered her neck. "I tried to cover it."

"Not very well. So you're giving him a chance?" Kelly asked hopeful.

"No, but the sex is good."

"You're FB's then?"

"Yes...except last night was too boyfriend and girlfriend type to me. We ate out then went back to his back talked for a little bit before we went to bedroom and then I stayed the night."

"Oh was it horrible?"

"Yes, I felt trapped! I don't want to get close to him, I need my space. I shouldn't have stayed the night at least."

"Sorry I'm late guy's." Stacey said making Cara scoot over.

"What are you hiding?" Kelly asked noticing the weird smile she hid.

"Nothing." she said before holding her hands up to shrug.

"You little bitch!" Kelly said grabbing her hand to look at the ring on her finger.

"It was our two year anniversary last night and he took me to the restaurant he took me to on our first date and asked me to marry him. Of course I couldn't say no! It was so cute!"

Cara made a gagging sound; they ignored her. "Aw Stace it's goregous!" Kelly said happily. "Just because you don't believe in love doesn't mean you can't be happy for a friend. And ruin it for others." Kelly said glaring at Cara.

"It's not going to last, you two are always having problems." Cara said.

"Just because you're miserable doesn't mean we have to be. Every relationship has problems. No one is perfect, I love Dan and he loves me. Move on Cara, Devin did and he's getting married in two weeks. Yes I still talk to him, he's not the same guy you claim him to be, he grew up and finally settled down. Just because you didn't find Mr. Perfect right away doesn't mean he's not out there. Get over yourself. Kelly I'd stay longer but I have to meet my parents, I have to tell them the news, I just wanted to share in person then over the phone." Stacey said before glaring at Cara and walking out. Cara held a blank face.

"He's getting married?" she finally said.

"Cara, it doesn't matter. You haven't talked to the guy in like two, three years. It doesn't matter." Cara stood up and threw her napkin onto the table.

"Yes it does! I have to warn his fiancee what a creep he it." Cara said before hurrying out of the diner in time to run into. "Jake!" she said as she stumbled back. Kelly came out of the diner a second later.

"Cara, Kelly." he said with a nod.

"Hi, Jake. Cara don't be an idiot, you'll look crazy and nobody listens to the crazies!" Kelly said.

"What's going on?" Jake asked.

"Nothing!" both girls said before glaring at each other.

"What are you doing?" Cara asked him.

"I am heading to Jared's. Someone robbed the place last night and so I was called down this morning after I got out the shower." he answered.

"Oh."

"You want to come along?" he asked; Kelly shook her head. "Cara?"

"Sure." Cara said.

"This isn't over Cara." Kelly growled before going back into the diner.

"So what was that about?" Jake asked as they started to walk.

"Nothing, Kelly's just over reacting. So how bad is the robbery?"

"Just a few rings stolen. Not even the most expenisve were taken."

"Huh, that sounds weird."