Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

Cellphone

Cara wiped away another tear as it slipped down her cheek, she wasn't sure why she was crying. She replayed the scene in her head one last night.

"I love you." Jake said looking into her eyes.

"Well I'm sorry too." she said standing to her feet and hurrying to grab her towel to wrap it around herself.

"Why are you sorry?" he asked fixing himself.

"I can't love you back." she stated. "I don't know why you'd tell me you love me."

"Because I do. I think you should know. And it's not that you can't, it's that you won't. I don't know why you'd compare every guy to just one bad example. You're missing out on a lot of opportunities."

"For what more heart breaks? Thanks but no thanks."

"Or finding happiness, but you'll never know because you don't take a chance. Cara you can admit all you want but even I see the sadness in your eyes when you let your guard down. You can hide all you want in your world but you let your walls slip more then once around me and I've seen into that little world and even I can tell you're not hundred percent happy. Why can't you just let go?"

"I was looking for a good time not a therapy session. It looks like my good time is coming to an end." Cara hurried to collect her clothes and change into them before walking back out to the living room where Jake stood starring at her.

"You feel something for me I know it. But you can't fucking let go can you? You still think I'm just like whatever his name is don't you?" he asked as she made her way towards the door.

"No Jake I don't feel anything for you. You were a good lay and that's it. Good bye Jake." she said before closing the door behind her. She didn't miss the hurt in his eyes either.

She got home and deleted his number, but his number was burned in her memory. Jake was nothing like Devin, he made her feel everything Devin could never make her feel. Yet instead of sharing his love she threw it back at him and walked out. It was for the best and she knew it, now if only her heart would agree with her mind.

She tore her attention away from the carpet to her cellphone which started ringing, it was Kelly. Cara would love to ignore it, but she knew Kelly was on a date and there's only a few reasons as to why she'd call.

"Hello?" Cara sniffed.

"Are you crying?" Kelly asked concerned.

"No, I think it's allergies. What's up?"

"I want you to talk to Devin."

"Wh-what?"

"I didn't stutter. Thomas and I ran into him and his fiancee. I want you to talk to him, tomorrow before he gets married." she said before giving the time and church address. "I'll pick you up just to make sure you go. No need to dress up you two are only talking, that's it. We're not staying for the wedding, it's just you need closer."

"Why?"

"I'm not even going to answer that stupid question. Good bye Car, see you in the AM." Kelly said before hanging up. Cara jumped up.

"I can't see him!" Cara panicked before running to her room to look for what to wear. 'Why do I even care what I wear?' she thought to herself as she grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of jeans and tossed them on a chair. Her cell phone beeped letting her know she had a message; she felt a little light of hope as she went to see who it was. Deep down part of her hoped it was Jake, but what did he have to say. It turned out to be just a text from a cousin she rarely talked to, sighing she locked her phone and plopped down onto her bed.

"When does it get easier?" she asked out loud.