Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

The Deed

"Maybe I over reacted." Cara said the next day as her cousin started icing a cake.

"You think? At least get to know the guy, he was nice enough to stick around so you'd stop crying." Kelly said looking up with a grin.

"You mean you let him take me back to his place?"

"I dropped you two off! He wasn't drunk and I trust him."

"You what! How can you trust a drunk stranger!"

"Number one, he's a cop, or some law enforcement guy. Number two he wasn't drunk at all, he might of had a beer, but he wasn't drunk."

"Oh. So he basically raped me then!"

"Do you even know for sure you two did anything?"

"I-" the bells rang. "Will be right back." she finished before walking out front to frown. Jake stood there in a suit.

"Morning Red!" he said with a grin.

"Jake." she said calmly. He had a five o' clock shadow and his hair wasn't styled it laid flat. "What can I do for you?" she asked.

"You already know what I want." he said stepping up to the counter. She could smell his cologne.

"Not happening, I hardly know you. Did we sleep together?" she asked quickly.

"Well you were passed out and I eventually fell asleep, so yeah I guess you can say so."

"Jake I'm serious, you know what I mean."

"No we didn't have sex. You were wanting some, but I'm not taking advantage of a drunk woman."

"Thank god! Then why do you want my number so bad?" she asked confused.

"Because I'd like to get to know you."

"Why?"

"You seem like an interesting person."

"I can be. But too bad I'm not looking for any man right now so not interested."

"You can't have a man who's a friend?"

"When Harry met Sally. That's all I am saying...or was it the other way? Anyways I have two cakes to finish up, so if you ain't getting anything scram."

"I'll be back everyday till you give me a chance." he said before walking out.

"I bet he will to." she said to herself before heading back to the kitchen, Kelly smiled.

"He's cute. And I knew you two didn't do the deed."

"He's a guy. You can have him then, maybe he'll leave me alone."

"Cara he's nothing like man whore. I already know Jake but I can tell you already he's nothing like that."

"Don't give me a speech Kell. Jake isn't like that now, no. But he'll end up like that when he's bored with me."

"Fine don't date him. Just sleep with him."

"Kell!" Cara said looking up at her cousin.

"What? I'm surprised it hasn't closed up down there!"

"Five years isn't that long."

"No six months isn't that long, a year really isn't that long. Two is pushing and five is just stupid! Just one night with him and see what you're missing."

"Hmm, a one night stand with a stranger? Well with Jake it's out of the question, I know too much about him already and he knows where I work, and I know where he lives. I guess I am going to have to hang with Stacey more."

"Jake's good looking! You'll end up with some ugly ass man if you get drunk again and hang with Stacey. She won't watch you, unlike me. Listen to me, sleep with Jake. Before you know more about him then you want."

"Well I-" 'Ding' "Oh hold on." she walked out front to see a woman about her age. "Hello!"