Get up Whenever You Fall

Thea

The day afterward, Travis is here again at my workplace. Luckily, my shift today isn't very long, so I get to head home earlier than usual. Travis trails behind me like a shadow.

I turn my head at him, grinning, "Stalking me again?"

Travis smirks. "Yeah, something like that."

I let him walk beside me as we chat about many trivial things, and one of those things involved hamster terrorizing the Earth some day. It's a pointless topic, I know, but when you talk to someone like Travis, it seems to actually make sense.

At a near corner, just around the block near Seven Eleven, we hear booming voices, so loud that it rolls to our ears as if a boombox is shoved against our ears. Travis holds me back as we see a couple of large-built guys, seeming to be up to nothing but trouble. They're surrounding two people, two figures I can kind of recognize.

"Stay here," Travis says to me.

"No, I'm going with you."

"Don't be so stubborn, Thea," Travis glares, and that's totally working.

The two people that are being surrounded are none other than Nico and Kyler. Kyler starts saying something to one of the bulky men, and the man blows a big punch to Kyler's stomach. Then, Travis appears in the picture, and a big fight begins.

I can hear Nico's piercing screams, but someone covers her mouth and whispers something in her ear that she immediately falls silent. Her eyes are wide with fear and terror, and I realize mine must be too.

All I can do is crouch behind a pile of unknown junk because I'm such a big coward. I watch as Travis gets punched continuously. I know he's pretty strong, but he's up against four people at a time. And Kyler isn't in any better position.

I find tears streaming down while I witness Travis groaning in pain, falling to the ground while more people release more punches and kicks at him. I can't let this happen... I can't. I just cannot...

I run towards Travis, screaming, "Don't hurt him! No, please, stop it!"

I wrap my arms around a moaning Travis, trying to cover him so that any more punches that are thrown at him would be thrown at me instead. I hear Travis weakly saying, " I... told... you... to stay there..."

That makes me cry more. I tighten my grasp around him, murmuring and weeping at the same time, "Well, it takes more than just words to stop me, partner." I try to add a weak smile.

His chuckle echoes through the cold street air. Then I hear Nico's loud, high-pitched yelp.