Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Deception.

We hadn’t spoken in four whole days. Not even a text message. I guess it didn’t occur to me that we were at a standoff, until I realized that I was practicing like a crazy person and I hadn’t had a civil conversation for days on end. The only person I’d really come into contact with was Justin, and it was always brief. I was starting to just give into his demands I wasn’t in the mood to argue for ages, but somehow we fought anyways.
I hadn’t seen him in four days, and he wasn’t in a single one of our classes. It was as if he had slipped off of the planet, and I wasn’t allowed to ask or I’d seem too interested. I had grown as paranoid as Kayla. I couldn’t put my finger on how I had started this whole thing, but I was more angry that I couldn’t find him, than I was about anything else. The more I thought about it, I wasn’t angry about anything else at all. I just wanted to know where he had gone, and why he wouldn’t answer a single call.

“Hey. I don’t know what’s going on, but I haven’t seen you in a couple of days and you’re not answering my texts. Um, I miss you.” Silence. “I have class now, but you sort of already know when it ends. Okay. Bye.”

That was a few hours ago. After that train wreck of a message I stopped myself. I had been texting him and calling him for the past three days. I realized that I was in no shape to call him anymore. My words were sounding more and more desperate, something I wasn’t use to. About five minutes ago, Kayla told me that Johnnie and his entire family are in East Hampton, just like they always are this time of year. Apparently, he wasn’t planning on going this time, but something changed his mind at the very last minute. I just never figured I could hurt him so bad.

A shower seemed better than watching Kayla memorize her monologues, and get me away from my cell phone for a little while. I was trying to separate myself from him, and I was failing quite miserably. I was ashamed of myself.

“You lying bitch!” Kayla nearly screeches. Hot tears are running down her beat red face, and my cell phone is in her right hand.

“What are you doing with my phone?” I pull the towel out of my hair and drop my dirty clothes onto the floor.

“I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, and this is what you do to me? You turn around and stab me the back!”

“What are you talking about?” I reach for my phone and she jerks it away, pressing one.

“Hey, Babe. I know you’re pissed at me and everything, and I know I’m supposed to be pissed at you, but I can’t really remember what we were angry about… I mean I can, but- but it’s not worth it because… because I miss you. I don’t even know why the hell I came here. We don’t have that long left anyways, and I’ll be back in the Hamptons in a couple of weeks for my Grandma’s birthday…. And I know I’m sort of rambling, but… call me back. Please?” I can feel my stomach flipping at the sound of his voice, a mixture of fear and joy.

“Nice voicemail.” She sneered.

“Give that back! It’s not yours!” I snapped.

“Well he wasn’t supposed to be yours either, so I guess we’re even when it comes to stealing other peoples toys!” A fresh waterfall of tears began to stream down her face, a mixture of anger and hatred brewing in her eyes.

“He’s not a piece of property, Kayla!”

“You’re such a hypocrite! You promised! You swore!” She cried.

“It just-” I began.

“Don’t you dare say it just happened! Don’t!” She screamed. “Shit like that does not just happen!” She still had my cell phone in her hand and pressed one.

“Hey, It’s Johnnie-”

“Give it to me!” I lunged for my phone, but she threw it at me simultaneously. I ducked down, and it hit the bathroom door, it’s delicate screen shattering. There goes my i-Phone.

“You psychotic bitch!” I picked up the remnants of my phone.

“How could you do this to me?!” She flung my picture frame at me and it hit the door once more.

“Stop that!” I screamed.

“I hate you! I hate you!” She screamed.

“Can you let me explain?” I defend.

“I explained!” She shouted. “I explained how much he meant to me, and you didn’t give a damn! I explained a thousand times what Johnnie means to me, and you just had to have him! You just couldn’t help yourself, could you? I explained and you didn’t give a shit! So, No! You don’t get to explain!”

“Kayla!” I shouted over her ranting.

“Fuck you!” She narrowed her eyes at me. “I’m glad Justin told me.” A menacing smile consumed her face.

“What?” I could feel my blood going cold, my face going pale.

How did he know?

“And I can’t wait until you give him everything! And you realize how much you don’t know about him! You don’t know Johnnie like I do!” She tapped her heart. “And you never will.” Her voice goes low.

“You don’t even know us.” I protested.

“Us? Don’t make me throw up! You’ve been in his life for three seconds! There’s no way in hell that you know him as well as I do.” She snickers. “And when you realize that, only after he’s gotten you into bed, and you’re rolling out of his Egyptian cotton sheets to make him breakfast, you’ll regret that time you spent on your back, because he’ll already be calling your taxi home.” She crossed her arms over her chest triumphantly.

For a moment I had nothing to do, but contemplate what she had said.

“You don’t know Johnnie McNally at all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't know what happened with mibba but it deleted the last four chapters that I posted of this story, and I lost all the subscribers that I've gained within the last two months. he sequel was also deleted in this strange process, and now I have to recreate that layout and story. Son't forget to subscribe to the sequel! Fingers Crossed ! I can't do anything except restore the chapters I've lost.

Always,
-Lady Love