31 day Prompt Challenge

The Swan That Changed my Life

Dear Diary,
I was walking to work today and I found a little folded up piece of paper. It was folded up to look like a swan. This may not sound like a big deal but to me it was, this little folded up piece of paper made my day. The paper was like any other piece of paper you would see, except it was folded up like a perfect little swan that had writing on the wings. On the wings read the words " you are beautiful" and "you are loved."

I don't know what made this so special, or so meaning full. But, it made my day and it made me in a better mood. I wonder who made these little swans with the inspirational quotes on them. I will always wonder who the artist was behind these mysterious little folded up pieces of blank paper.

I am an artist myself but I don't if I would ever have the courage to throw my art away like that. It was more ht en throwing art away, it truly was life changing. To know that a complete stranger would say such meaning full words to some one that they do not even know, to not know the difference they will make in somebody life is courageous ti say the least.

It's so nice to know that there really are people this world that still care about people that do not even know. I wish the world had more people like this, I wish the work the world had many more un-known artists that make a change in a strangers life.

What I'm trying to get at here is this: If I didn't find that little piece of blank paper folded up like swan and writing on it that said " you are loved" I would have went on with my life living like a hermit with no friends at all. This little piece of paper gave me the inspiration to go out that night.

If it weren't for that swan I wouldn;t have went out tonight and I wouldn;t be expecting a call from an amazing guy I met at the bar.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't have went out but I felt like there was something missing from my life. I felt like I needed to go out and meet someone. This someone met is great. Even though we only spent a few hours together I really do feel loved. Maybe loved isn't the right word to describe how I feel. I feel like I have a new purpose in life, as silly as that sounds. I feel like there are people out there that want to talk to me, that want to be my friend and people that can care about me.

I haven't had the best life, or the easiest life for that matter. I left home at a young age and struggled my whole life, financially that is. I struggled to fit in at school, I struggled to keep friendships and from time to time I even felt like I wasn't worth anything. I have been bullied my whole life. I have to lowest position at work, I had little to no friends at school and my parents never made an effort to love me. I can't remember the last time I felt this great about life and about myself.

This guy changed my outlook on life. He was so positive about where he us in life and his vibes wore off on me. I love this feeling, I never want it to stop.

To the artist that made those little swans out of blank paper, I'd like to thank you. You have changed my life and I'm quite sure you have changed many other peoples life's as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Prompt 2: A blank piece of paper. This was all inspired by a journal I read called 31 Day Prompt Challenge

Don't forget to comment :)