The Game

Something She Hadn't thought about

A few days have passed since Luke and Carter's deaths. Mikey and Monica have grown accustomed to the daily ritual of him feeding her at 8am, noon and 5:30.  Monica's fear of Mikey has lessened slightly, to his delight.  She has not been punished for a while, to her delight. 

It was nearly noon so Monica decided to go to the bathroom before Mikey arrived. As she was about to wash her hands, she realized there was no more soap.

"That would be in the cupboard right?" she asked herself, as she reached for it.

She pulled open the heavy doors and looked around inside,  occasionally moving a roll of paper towels. It was then that she pulled out a box containing something she hadn't thought of in at least two weeks: tampons.

She was late.

"But how? I can't possibly be...no it can't..." she then remembered the night she played the game, when Mikey raped her.

Monica highly doubted that he used a condom.

She held the box and turned it over in her hands as she double checked her math. 

It had to be true. Monica was terrified at even the , possibility, she was a teenager who was tortured and raped and now may be pregnant with her rapist's child!

She knew that if she ever escaped Mikey, she would keep and love her baby. No matter who the father was, Monica would love it the same.

But for the time being, she had to tell him. If he punished her again it could hurt the tiny ball of life inside her. 

Would he be furious and kill her on the spot? Would he stab her pelvis not only killing the ball of cells but making it impossible for her to have children in the future? Or, and this being the least likely of her suspicions, would he be thrilled at being a father and keep her and the child? 

There was a knock on the door that nearly stopped her heart.

She found he soap, put the box of tampons back, washed her hands and flipped the switch.

Mikey unlocked the door and came in with a subway bag. 

"Hello Monica." he greeted as he relocked the door behind him.

"Hello Mikey." 

He smiled as she said his name.

He gave her the bag and pulled a bottle of water out from his hoodie pocket.

She thanked him and ate slowly, trying to think of a way to tell him without getting killed or worse, tortured.

When she finished her food and drink, Mikey stood to leave. Just as he was about to close the door, she said "Mikey!"

He turned and looked at her, still blocking the door with his body.

She nervously licked her lips and began, "Because I' ve been good lately, do you think you could pick up something for me?"

He regarded her with kind, hazel eyes for a moment.

"Sure, what?" he asked.

With a gulp she answered; "A pregnancy test." 
♠ ♠ ♠
TWIST! Did anyone suspect that?

How will Mikey react? Guesses?

Sorry for misspellings and stuf, this is the first thing I wrote on my new iPod