The Diva Inside

First Meetings

I walk outside in my red, tiered, off-the-shoulder dress, black and white striped blazer, a black, woven belt and white Louboutin's. I'm looking good and I know it. I walk down the driveway to find Timothy on the phone. That's curious. I didn't even know Timothy had a phone.

I climbed into the front seat, waiting for Timothy to finish his conversation. When he finally hangs up and gets into the driver's seat he doesn't seem like he’s in the best of moods, so we just drive to school in total silence.

When I arrive at school I walk in the front doors again to find just Taylor and Natalie by the vending machines once again.

I walk over to them and they both start to grin. "Hey, y'all. So we need to find a different place to meet. We need a place to go to in the morning so we can hang out before class."

"I totally agree. We never see each other anyway; we need a place where we can go in the morning. Hey, did y'all get your lockers yesterday?" Taylor asks.

"I did. Why?" Natalie replies.

"How about your locker, because Taylor, Emma and I's lockers are all downstairs. Where's yours?" I ask Natalie.

"Here, I'll show you." We follow Natalie through the crowded hallways, weaving our ways through. When we finally arrive, it's a tiny locker, in a small hallway that looks pretty empty. It was perfect.

The three of us all sit down on the ground near the locker and start talking about the previous day. We all have big news. Natalie tells Taylor about Joe. Still can't get over Natalie liking a guy. Taylor of course has to tell us all about how his 3 month anniversary is coming up. And I was just about to tell them about Ben, when we finally find Emma and she’s with some guy I don't know. And from the looks on Taylor and Natalie's faces it didn't seem like they knew who he was either.

Once they said 'goodbye', Emma came walking over to us, grinning like a maniac.

"So, who was that?" I asked her. She just continued to grin.

Taylor starts to nudge her trying to get something, anything out of her. It was a solid 2 minutes before she finally came to Earth. "Oh, sorry guys. That guy was just so nice. He told me I was the prettiest girl he's ever seen. Is that true? Am I pretty? Of course, I'm pretty, why would he tell me that if I wasn't. Then again he might just be playing a really mean joke, but why would he-"

"EMMA!! Are you kidding me? You’re fucking GORGEOUS!! I don't get why you can't get that through you head. He told you 'you were the prettiest girl he had ever seen' because it's TRUE!!" I shouted at her. I had to stop her from rambling. She could go on for hours.

"I guess, I am a little pretty." She said, quietly to herself.

"Pretty? Girl, you are the hottest girl at this school. You could take any guy out with just one hair flip. Now go back, find that guy and ask him out." Taylor told her to boost her confidence.

"I could never do that." Emma replies, still eyeing up the mystery guy down the hallway.

"Hell yeah you can. Just march your cute, pink heels down the hallway, tap him on the shoulder and ask him out. He obviously likes you. I mean what's the worst that could happen?" I tell her. She thinks about it for a minute than stands up elegantly and looks down at me, with her big, puppy dog eyes.

"You want me to come with you?" I ask her. She shakes her head 'yes'.

"Ok, just give diva a second to get up." I slowly, but surely make my way up. Just as I was primping myself, pulling my dress down and fixing my bra, a group of guys walk by. They all slowly look me up and down and then snicker to themselves. Pussies. I mean if they wanna tell me something, just fucking come up to me and say it to my face.

I shrug it off and follow Emma down the hallway to get her man. We turn the corner and there he is. He's even cuter up close. He's half black, has adorable dimples and a nice body. He's talking to a teacher, more like getting yelled at by a teacher. Emma stands behind the teacher waiting for her to finish scolding him. When he finally notices Emma standing there, his frown starts to disappear and a huge grin takes its place. His smile is so cute, just like him. Eventually the teacher finishes her speech and leaves.

The mystery guy steps toward Emma, hands in pockets and says "Hi, Emma." shyly. He likes her, I can tell.

"Hi, Andre." Andre? Nice. "I wanted to ask you something." Emma pulls him over to the side, so they're not in the middle of the hallway.

"Yes…" You could tell he was nervous. His voice cracked a little bit.

Emma looks at the ground and then at me for some assurance. I smile and give her a thumbs up. She chuckles and blurts out "Will you go out with me Friday night?"

Andre looks surprised, but says "Of course. Pick you up at 7:00." He pulls out a small piece of paper and a pen, and then writes something on it. "Here's my number. Give me a call." He winks and walks away.

Emma stares at the paper, then walks over to me, with an extra stride in her step. She seems proud.

"Oh my god!! OH MY GOD!!! That felt amazing. It felt like I had all the control and that he was like under some sort of spell or something. I love this feeling!" Emma exclaims loud enough for the entire hallway to hear. Just then the first bell rang and everyone started to move a little bit quicker.

"Well, I'm super proud of you." I give her a big hug and we say 'goodbye'. I walk past Taylor and Natalie. We say bye and go on our separate ways.

**

I walk into science class and actually notice the people in my class for a change. Not bad. I notice an empty seat at the table my little Asian friend, Jenna's at. I walk over and ask if I can sit. She's so happy to see me she doesn't care. She jumps up and gives me a huge hug. I love Jenna. She's adorable, loves Hello Kitty and has some of the cutest clothes every. We also get along really well. She's the yin to my yang.

"Heyy, boo. How have you been? How was your summer? What happened?" I ask.

"It was pretty good. Actually it was pretty normal. I stayed in New York, did a LOT of shopping, saw a few Broadway plays, watched a lot of Sex and the City repeats and ate a lot of sushi. But other than that I didn't do much."

I look at her outfit and say "Well believe me it has paid off. You look so good!" I admired her rose pink off the shoulder tee, short booty shorts, white and tan sandals and a rhinestone Hello Kitty necklace. She looks so Jenna-like.

"Thanks so much." She grins at the compliment.

We talk a little while longer, when our science teacher, Mr. Rodgers decides to start class. The first few days of school are always the most boring. Instructions, plans for the further, all that boring crap. Just as the entire class started to doze off, someone opened the door. He’s cute. Kinda tall, athletic looking, cute dimples. He walks over to Mr. Rodger's desk. I hear Mr. Rodger tell him to take a seat anywhere. There's only two seats open and one of them is at our table. The other is at a snobby, cheerleader table. He decides on Jenna and I's table. After another few minutes of listening, Mr. Rodgers finally let us do one of those cheesy "get to know you" worksheets. Jenna was talking to the red headed girl on the other side of the table which left me with the guy.

"So, what's your name?" I ask the new guy.

"Me? Oh, my name is Joe." My heart raced a little faster. This might be the Joe, Natalie was talking about.

"Really? So, Joe, do you play any sports?" I ask.

"Yeah, I play basketball and baseball." Oh, definitely the Joe, Natalie was talking about.

"Oh, cool. Are you thinking of going out for the team?"

"Yeah."

"You should meet up with my best friend. She plays basketball and I think she's going out for the team too. You may have met her already. Her name's Natalie York?"

"Oh, yeah. She's…she's nice…and…" He told me. "and pretty." He says in barely a whisper. I guess he thought I couldn't hear him.

We talked a little while longer and I found out he's from North Carolina and he's really awesome. I really like him. The bell rings and we say goodbye.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. Nothing exciting happened, except one thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was forced to post this chapter. But I like it. It gives a few hints to what might happen. Thanks for the comments and subscribtions. Continue with those things. :D

Camryn's Outfit
Natalie's Outfit
Taylor's Outfit
Emma's Outfit
Jenna's Outfit