Status: I consider this story one of my failures. I have never come back to it to try to fix it. And honestly, I never will. I pretty much abandoned this entire project.

This Hell or the Next?

A first person tale of woe, this story is closely based on the song "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" by My Chemical Romance.

If you have never heard this amazing song, you need to click on this link below. The melody is beautiful. But the way Gerard sings it, with his whole heart and all his emotions, it feels like he is living the words he is singing, like he is living the story in the lyrics. The entire song, from the lyrics themselves to the way it is performed, is true genius!
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville
(YouTube video by ShadowKid485)


This is my attempt at articulating the vision this song makes me see.

(EDIT: This is one of my stories I consider a failure. I had written a better version of it previously, but I lost it in a computer crash. This version was quickly scripted in about an hour. I have never gone back to try to fix it in any way. Please know this is not a good representation of my works! This is pretty much nothing more than what I would normally use as a first draft of a story, the basic story outline.)
  1. This Hell or the Next?
    A one-shot songfic