Status: kEEP oR kILL?

Live. Laught. Love.

Chapter 3

I woke up and the sun was on my face but I didn’t know what time it was or where I was. I sat up and looked around it was a small room with off white walls. The room was of average size and look empty.

I sat all the way up and try to remember where I was, then like a tom of bricks the memories had hit me; the couple next door, Spencer, Jojo, Lucky, and the little kids. Then I started to worry what if she started to think last night and got suspicious and didn’t want me here.

I got up quick and walk to the door. It cracked up and I peered out of it. I could see someone sitting on a couch watching TV.

I could now smell someone cooking and people talking. I opened the door and walk down then hall.

I walk down and saw into the kitchen first where Jojo at the stove cooking and Lucky half asleep on the bar/counter that separated the kitchen from the living room with a whole in the wall. Lucky popped her head up a smiled and waved.

“Looks like she uuuuuppppp.” She said as her voice got higher at the end of the sentence. Jojo looked up and at me and Spencer who was the person sitting on the couch turn around.

“Good morning Kayl-bear, how’d you sleep?” the question was odd to me. People don’t real ask you that where I’ve been.

“I slept good. Thanks for the...um...pajamas.” They where Spice girl Pajamas with ‘Zig-A-Zig Ah’ written across the top of a British flag and weird version of the spice girls in front of it.

“Your welcome do you remember you use to love them.”

“I did.”

“Yeah! You use to run around the house and sing there songs, it use to drive me nuts. Then Alexis would chase you around and you go screaming to mom and dad would have to break you and her up. It was so cute.” The though of are mom and dad made me sad. I wish I could see them, ask them why they did what they did.

“Oh yeah I remember now. SO...um...good morning everyone.” I said as I walked over to the counter on the kitchen side. Jojo was cooking. I smell it and it smell so good.

Lucky was on the other side of the counter in the living with one foot up on the stool next to her painting them. She looked up at me. “Hi. You like?” she bought her other foot up and showed me the design. It was with lace and ribbons.

“Yeah. your really, really good at that.” I said slight surprised at how good she was. You only see skills like that in the nail salons. I giggled at the thought. Asians in a nail salon. [giggle] racial profiling. [giggle]

Jojo turned around and looked at me then at Lucky. “She is good right. Goes to show you all Asians are go at doing nail.” Lucky smiled an evil smile.

“They do ah nails real gooduha” Jojo continued taunting her in a fake Asian accent. Lucky just kept smiling and answered back. “ You where born with a dick”

Jojo frozen and her face change for happy and smiling joyful to blank and little hurt. I’m guessing she was a little embarrassed.

Lucky got up walk over to her and whisper I’m sorry at the still frozen figure. She bounced back as if it didn’t even happen and placed a plate of food are in front of me.

“Here eat up you have to keep yourself healthy. I noticed you where looking a little to skinny.” I look down and all I can say is I haven’t had anything like a homecooked meal in a long time. I was suddenly getting this starving feeling in my stomach and I dived in fort first.

As I was eating Lucky return to her seat and Jojo sat next to me.

“So you know we never got to talk about how you got here in the first place…” I kept eating. “and where is Alexis exactly…” Nothing yet out of my mouth just food going in and mind run scared. “and how had life being seen the last time I saw you?”

“Kaylynn…Kaaaayyylynnn…KAYLYNN.” I finally looked at her.

“I took a bus here and stuff.” I didn’t want to tell her I was stupid enough to get in cars with complete strangers.

“And stuff...like?” I hitchhiked and walked you know stuff like that. She lean forward and caught my eyes. “ What is stuff?…Elaborate.”

“I…I…I uhm you know took the bus and walked and…hitchhiked.” I said the last part as low as I could but she still heard it. NO! Everyone in both rooms heard it. I suck at whispering.

“YOU WHAT?!?!?!” “Where is Alexis? I want to talk to her! She is in so much trouble! I going to kill her!” “No, no, NO, don’t, Please, me and her aren’t talking.” “It a long story.” I add the last part cause the way they where all looking at me told me that this was going to be a long thing if I didn’t nip it in the bud right know. I looked down at my food not made eye contact.

If she called Alexis, God only knows what she’d do or say or what Alexis would do or say.

I don’t want to know what Blake told her or what she thinks happened or anything like that right know but i think its time for me to go.

I have clearly over stay my welcome. I mean look what I’ve done in a matter of minutes. Jojo angry at Alexis because of me. Plus, I didn’t know how she will take it if. Coming here was a bad idea.

I thought maybe I could. The whole time on they way up here form Miami I though about it and really thought I had a chance but I didn’t think about this at all. Well to be honest nothing is like I thought it would be at all.

“Well what happ…” “Jojo…don’t.” I look up and it was Spencer. He had gotten up off the couch and was know fully invested in the conversation know sounding stronger then I would ever though he could.

I was grateful that he stopped her I can’t lie to her. I can avoid telling her the truth but just like when we where little I couldn’t lie to Joey then and I can’t lie to Jojo know.

Fine but I want to know. “Jojo! Bedroom. Now!” Spencer and Jojo when down the hall in to a room I hadn’t yet seen into. I looked back down at the plate.

“You know you can tell her anything right?” I look up towards the voice. It was Lucky. She leaned over the counter and pick some stuff off my plate. My tooste.

“She wouldn’t judge you. She’s missed you the most. At one point you where all she ever talk about. So don’t feel weird she cares about you and that a valuable thing.”

She got up from the stool she was sit on and start to walk away. “But if you hurt her don’t think for a second I won’t do something to get you back ’Kay.” I galloped. “Kidding…maybe.” Then she disappeared down the hallway.

She scares me a little. I got up and when back into the room I had slept in. I got my close that I’d wore yesterday and put them back on I didn’t have much and what I did have was all dirty at less this wasn’t so much.

Spencer and Jojo appeared at the doorway. Jojo came and grabbed my hands. She pulled me to the bed. We sat “Look... in there... I am so sorry that I got all crazy for a minute but that scared me to think you put yourself in so much danger. I mean you don’t know who’s out there that wouldn’t mind hurting a beautiful girl like you” the last part made me blush.

“You’re my little sister. In fact your my baby sister and you just came back into my life. I want to know everything and help but I didn’t know how or what happened. Spencer says you’ll tell me in your own time and that I can’t be all in you face about it.” I looked up at him, still in the doorway.

He smirked and I looked back down at the floor. “ When you feel like talking about it please tell me. Okay.”

“Okay” I replied in a meek voice. We hugged for a long time then pulled apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kaylynn Outfit

*****************************

COMMENT

SUBSCRIBE

@ I own everything in this story!