The Ghost of You

You'll Never Make Me Leave

I finally made Gerard go to bed after telling him that I would still be there in the morning.
He finally went to sleep. I stayed by his side and watched him until dawn, when he woke up.
He grinned when he saw me.
“Hey, Mikes.”
I smiled back. “Hello, Gee.”
Gerard sat up in my bed and stretched his arms over his head, yawning.
“So, do you want me to take you to the place where it happened?” I asked, after about five minutes of silence.
Gerard seemed to hesitate at first, but then he nodded.
“Yeah, of course.”
“Do you have your car here?” I asked.
“Yeah, it's in the garage.” Gerard answered, throwing back the sheets on my bed and standing up.
I nodded. “Well, hurry up and get ready!”
Gerard chuckled. “Okay, okay. What? Are you already getting bored of me?”
I couldn't help but smile. “No, of course not. I just want to see you beat the shit out of those guys.”
Gerard tried to put his hand on my shoulder, but it went right through me. A lump rose in my throat, but I quickly swallowed, forcing it down.
“Sorry.” Gerard whispered.
I shook my head. “Don't be.”
We went quiet. I was unsure of what to do or say.
Gerard finally broke the silence.
“Your... I mean... What happens when we finish this?” He asked.
“I go to Heaven or Hell.” I answered.
“So, you'll leave me?”
“I'll have to, Gerard.”
“But why?” Gerard asked.
“Because, Gerard, I just do.” I muttered, getting slightly irritated.
“But-” Gerard started, but I cut him off.
“I just do, damn it! Just get the hell over it and help me with this!” I screamed.
Gerard flinched back. Sadness filled his eyes, “I'm sorry, Mikes.”
I remained quiet.
Anger replaced the sadness and Gerard stomped over to me. “Fine then! Just leave! Go find someone else to help you!”
Now it was my turn to flinch back.
Tears stung my eyes.
I opened my mouth to speak, but some unknown force started pulling me back.
Gerard left my vision, and then all I saw was blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's so short :/