The Day He Found the Gun

Chapter 3

The next day, I met her at her locker with a black rose in my hand.
“For you lovely.” I said.
I saw her try to suppress a smile. She blushed and bit her lip.
“Thank you.” she said.
And in that moment, I saw a spark of happiness in her eyes. I brushed my hand against her warm cheeks.
“You’re beautiful.” I said.
She blushed again and, no matter how hard she tried not to, she smiled a wide smile that I’ve never seen before. I smiled right back at her.
Right then, she threw her arms around me. I was a little surprised at this but I put my arms around her and hugged her tightly.
“You’re the only happy thing in my life” she whispered.
I hugged her even tighter.
What I wanted to say was: I’ve loved you for so long. I want to be yours and I want you to be mine forever. My one and only true love.
But instead I whispered in her ear: “I promise I will never let you go.”
She pulled back. I saw a tear roll down her face and wiped it away with my thumb.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
She bit her lip and then kissed my lightly on the lips. He lips were soft and perfect. Sweet and loving.
I loved her.
When she pulled away I caught her smiling wide again. In those few moments, I forgot all that was around me, until the bell rang. I saw the guys were standing across the hall giving me the thumbs up. I flipped them off.
I took Taylor’s rose and put it behind her ear.
“Until we meet again,”
I kissed her on the cheek and walked away.
All day through school thoughts of her were whirling through my mind. My lips still tingled from her beautiful kiss. She was so perfect.
Lunchtime couldn’t come soon enough. I texted Taylor that she should come sit with us. She agreed.
Soon enough, I saw her walk nervously into the lunchroom. Not many noticed but I saw that the two girls who were making fun of her a few weeks ago were staring at her and whispering.
I asked George who they were.
“The blonde is Brittney and the Redhead is Sylar.”
I saw Brittney and Sylar get up and walk towards Taylor. I got up from my seat as fast as I could and ran to her. I wasn’t fast enough.
“Look who it is.” Brittney said.
“The freakaziod. What’s that on your wrists?” Sylar sneered.
I pushed through the crowd and finally made it to Taylor’s side.
“What’s your problem bitch?” I snapped.
They looked surprised.
“Yeah I’m talking to you two. Back off.” I made my voice sound as intimidating as I could.
The girls were speechless. I doubt anyone’s stood up to them before.
I wrapped my arms around Taylor.
“Let’s go.” I said as I directed her to my table.
She still seemed nervous.
“Hey giiirrrllll.” Gorge said playfully.
Taylor gave him a half smile.
“Don’t be shy. He’s just a moron.” Dan said reassuringly.
Taylor let out a small giggle.
“Oh you wana go bro?” George asked.
“Oh shut up.” Frank said.
Taylor started laughing.