All Eight Guardians

Travelers To Omega

Karri's POV

"I'm tired! Are we there yet?!" Annabelle whined.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Moose and John walking close behind me with Annabelle walking a short distance behind them. Nick was walking next to me and we were all following behind Sky.

Up ahead of us, Sky paused and waited for us to gather around him. "Can you see those buildings in the distance?" he asked as he pointed in the direction we had been walking, "That's where we're going."

Annabelle looked at where Sky was pointing, "That looks far." she pouted, "I know, how about you carry me." she said as she smiled at Sky.

I sighed inwardly. Now Annabelle was going to shamelessly flirt with Sky until she had him wrapped around her finger. That's what she does with the guys at school.

Sky seemed to momentarily be at a loss for words when it came to how to reply to Annabelle. I knew I couldn't just leave him hanging.

"I think we should keep going." I said as I stepped around the others and began to walk toward the kingdom again.

Nick ran to catch up with me but when he reached me he kept pace with me.

I just couldn't get over it. Nicky was a wolf and he was going to stay a wolf until we find someone who can change him back.

Our mission to get out of here was simple - find another portal and get back home.

But now it was more complicated than that.

As we walked I scratched Nick's back. He didn't deserve what he had become... It should have been me.

Nick poked me in the leg with his snout, possibly his way of telling me he was thinking about me too. Or not.

'What are you thinking about?' Nick asked me just as Sky fell into step with me on my other side.

"Nothing." I replied, knowing Sky was wondering if I was talking to him or not.

'I know you're thinking of something. Please tell me what it is.' Nicky said again.

"You shouldn't have been turned into a wolf. I can't help but feel like it's my fault." I answered.

'It's not your fault and you know it.' Nick said as he looked up at me.

"You can hear him in your head, can't you?" Sky questioned.

I nodded, "Yes I can." I answered.

Sky smiled, "It's a special gift you must have."

I smiled back, "Special gift or not, I'd be lost if there was some kind of communication barrier between us."

"So... What's the deal with the other three?" Sky asked, changing the subject.

I slightly scrunched up my face. How do I describe this one?

"We're all from the same place but we're not exactly friends; acquaintances perhaps. We all sort of made a split second decision about coming here and no we're not sure of how to get back. But now before we cane even think about that we've got to change Nick back." I explained.

Sky gave me an apologetic smile but didn't reply.

But to be honest, I didn't really expect him to.

We approached a giant wall and gate that seemed to wrap around the perimeter or the kingdom. The sight of it made me feel like I had been pulled into one of those Lord Of The Rings movies.

The feeling of being in far over our heads washed over me.

As we came upon the gate I realized it was made out of stone and 'Omega' was carved in above the doors.

"Stay here." Sky instructed before he stepped forward and the stone doors opened up.

Out stepped two guys, looking to be somewhere around our age. One had black hair while the other had white and they both were strapped with swords. They looked like guards or soldiers or something.

"What's your business in the kingdom of Omega?" the one with black hair questioned.

"We would like an audience with the king." Sky said.

I could see it in the eyes of the black haired man; he was going to deny us entry.

The white haired guy put a hand on his friend's shoulder and muttered, "Look at their clothes." He may have meant it to be quiet, but I certainly heard it and I know Nick heard it. He keeps boasting about how in his new form he can hear better and like never before.

"Fine. You five can come in, but the wolf stays outside." the black haired one said.

I shook my head, "No, that doesn't work. The wolf stays with me."

"And why's that?" he questioned.

"Because he's the reason why we're here in the first place." I answered.