All Eight Guardians

The Rack

Karri's POV

I paused in the entrance of the courtyard and Knight came up beside me.

My eyes glided to the right end of the courtyard where Roman was teaching Moose, John, and Annabelle how to handle katanas.

"So how are things going?" I asked Knight without taking my eyes off of Roman and the others.

"It's really a wonder how Roman got them to pay attention to him because when I tried I couldn't get them to listen to me no matter what I tried." Knight said as he sighed.

"Well, at least Roman seems to be handling them nicely." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

From across the courtyard Roman's voice rose loud and strong and caused me to jump. "You idiot pay attention! If you don't you're bound to get your hand chopped off or worse!"

"Perhaps not." I muttered, realizing Roman may not be handling the situation.

Knight nodded in agreeance.

"Maybe you should go help him educate the others." I suggested.

"Who is going to train you if I'm helping him?" Knight questioned.

"I'll do it." Sky said as he appeared behind Knight and I.

Knight started to say something else, but stopped himself and nodded instead before he walked in Roman's direction.

"Why don't we go to this side of the courtyard?" Sky questioned as he gestured to the opposite end from the others.

"Yeah sure. Sounds good." I said as I smiled.

We walked to the left side of the courtyard and Nick trailed behind us. Before us were several wooden racks with every kind of weapon imaginable lined up on them. Well, minus guns. I couldn't find one sort of gun anywhere. Maybe this universe didn't have any?

"Pick out a weapon and I'll teach you how to use it." Sky instructed.

I nodded and began to slowly walk along the length of the racks, examining each weapon to see which one would spark my interest.

I passed by katanas, daggers, throwing knives, and arrow kits. None of them sparking my interest.

The further down I went, the bigger the weapons became.

'What are you leaning toward?' Nick asked as he came up beside me.

I sighed, "I can't make up my mind between the buster sword and the scythe at the end of the rack." I replied to him out loud.

"I could teach you how to use both." Sky said as he stepped up to me.

I smiled to Sky and said, "I'd like that."

Sky walked down to the end of the rack, picked up the scythe, carried it back, and handed it to me.

I smiled at the scythe in my hands. Holding it I felt powerful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?