Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

That one word

I felt someone picking me up gently, pulling the seatbelt off me, and opened my eyes a crack to see Draco holding me marriage style as he got me out of the limo. I refused to stay in his arms and stood up, before walking into the cream coloured hotel that was made of pure gold inside. It was a five star one, obviously the best a man can get. After all, it was a reservation for a Malfoy. I walked with Draco towards the counter, and smiled falsely at the receptionist.
“Hello” she said cheerily, as she checked out Draco. Usually, if a girl was checking my guy and she posed some sort of threat like this tanned, blonde did, I would interject. With Draco, I couldn’t care less. “May I take your names please?” she asked. Draco pulled me closer by slipping his hand around my waist. I knew that he was aware I didn’t appreciate that, but had to so that the receptionist would realise.
“We have a reservation under Malfoy” he said, and she seemed shocked
“Mr. Malfoy, it’s an honour to meet you! I’ve heard so much! And I take it this must be your newly wed wife?” she asked, and I ignored her “She’s as beautiful as they say” she complimented. I still didn’t say anything
“Maia’s a little tired right now. If you don’t mind, we’d like to be shown to the honeymoon suite right away” Draco said, covering up the awkward moment
“Of course, follow me” she said chirpily, getting up and picking a set of gold keys off a board before walking towards an elevator. We sat in silence as the elevator passed 16 flights of stairs, before arriving at the top. When we exited, there was a gold door right in front of us, blocking our entrance into that floor. The receptionist put the key into the door, and opened it to show that the entire floor was our honeymoon suite. She handed Draco the key, smiling before going back down in the elevator. I waited silently as Draco locked the door, and looked around the room.
“It’s spacious” he commented. I ignored him and walked over to the couch before sitting on it. “We can just sleep for the night. It’s late anyway, and then go out tomorrow” he said, before smiling at me. I just turned my head away from him and looked out through the big window. A tear rolled down my eye. This was my life, forever more. This was what I had been bound to. I could never change it. I didn’t want to be a Malfoy. I didn’t even want to be a Mist. I would much rather be a triplet with Maisie and Millie. I would even rather be Crabbe and Goyle’s sister, if they were related that is. I was sure marrying Blaise would be better than this. I heard the clock tick, and saw it was nearing 9pm. I got up and walked into the bedroom, which seemed to be the most luxurious room I’d seen in my life. The story would be so much different if I was here with Taylor instead. I’d even be ready to marry him at such a young age. 17 was not the age to commit to someone wholly.

I walked into the en suite bathroom and took a long shower before getting out and changing. I heard a quiet noise presumably coming from the T.V. drifting in through the open bedroom door. I checked to see Draco staring at a channel, not watching it, and I shut the door. I was about to climb into bed, when Draco came into the room.
“There’s nothing on T.V. to watch. I’m going to bed. Good night” he told me, before kissing my cheek lightly. I was halfway through getting into bed, and froze. I wasn’t going to share a bed with Draco was I? I felt confused as Draco went into the cupboard and pulled out a pillow and a duvet. I gave him a questioning look. “I… just thought it would appeal to you more if I slept on the couch for tonight…” he said simply. But we’re only staying here one night. I felt a pang of guilt as I reviewed everything. Everything as in from the start of the holidays. Everything Draco had done, he’d done it for me. He truly did love me. He wasn’t just saying it. Draco, the boy who was the ‘Slytherin Sex God’ loved me. Something else struck me. Draco said goodnight one last time, and as he opened the door to go into the other room, I spoke for the very first time since we got married.
“The counsellor…” I whispered, and Draco stared at me, shocked that I had spoken. “He said that you were going through heartbreak. That was to do with me wasn’t it?” I whispered, tears welling in my eyes. I remembered checking the cameras with Narcissa as she and I watched what their house elf had seen. The extended version of it. That picture he was holding. The one that made him cry. I realised now that it was a picture of us. Draco seemed close to tears. He nodded slowly, and a tear ran down my eye. I had put him through so much pain. I was such a witch! Worse than a witch. I was a skanky little bitch. For 16 years he’d gone through that much pain inside. And yet my detest for him had only grown. I walked over to him slowly, and hugged him. He seemed stunned but dropped the quilt and pillow and hugged me back, embracing me. When I pulled away from him, I leant in and placed my lips on his gently, exerting little pressure before pulling away. To him, that kiss seemed good to last an entire month. More tears fell as I realised how much Draco wanted me. How much he would do for me. How he savoured just a little, the only bit he could get. And it wasn’t just something like what he would say when he was younger ‘she’s the only thing I can’t have, so I’m set on having her’ like the spoilt brat he used to be. He really, truly loved me. But what did he expect? For this marriage to work out? He wasn’t that stupid. Draco must know it wouldn’t happen. It couldn’t. There was no chemistry, no love or affection, no intimacy. There wasn’t even a friendship, an acquaintanceship, a mere liking towards each other. There was nothing except years of loathing.
“I love you Maia” he whispered sadly, before picking up the quilt and pillow and closing the door behind him. I crawled into bed and hugged my knees, crying myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
uhm... oh snap