Status: In the making.

Dancing in the rain.

There he was, a boy I haven’t seen or spoken to in almost a full year. So much time has passed and so many changes have occurred but he still looked the same. His long, dark, and wavy hair (although today it was straightened) whipped around his round, cute face. Soft caramel colored skin and the same skinny but muscular body. His chest and arms have developed more since the last time I saw him but not enough to categorize as built.

His eyes looked up and his face stood in shock. Not only was I there with a car one could only dream of no less, but hovering next to me was his short and stubby mom and grandma both accompanied by their husbands. He didn’t know what was going on but with all of us gather there he knew it had to be something serious.

I sat alone in my car closely following Julian and his family to pick up his grandma’s son from a different school. As I took in all the street signs and crossways to a place I would be driving to and from twice a day, five days a week for the next six months or longer, I wondered how his mom and grandma are explaining this to them. If they told them too much, it could put him and his brothers and his uncles life’s in more danger than the already were.