Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 22 - Just please, please don't lose your faith in me

May’s POV –

This was all a huge mistake.

I should have never come back on tour.

Now I was stuck on a tiny tour bus for the next week with the boy who had not only broken my heart but completely shattered it to pieces.

The moment I had first walked on to the bus, he was there, sat there staring at me. He looked bad; I have to say, I don’t think he’s showered since… that night. And he looked as though he’d had a few beers. It was good to know I wasn’t the only one who had turned to liquor for support. The thing that hurt me the most though was that Max had suddenly gone back to being best friends with him, after everything he’d done he was all of a sudden acting like nothing had happened. I was so confused. I just wanted all of tour to be over and then I was definitely going back to New York. I only stayed this time because Matt and Max convinced me that Max needed me and that I couldn’t leave Ollie without an assistant.

Now, I was lying in my bunk having only just woken up from the night before. I kind of really didn’t want to leave my bunk at all; it was cosy and safe from Josh here.

It was as I was thinking this that my bunk curtains were pulled open.

`MAAAAAY! Wake up we’re going sightseeing!’

It was Max.

I mumbled something indecipherable to him in reply and felt his arms wrapped around me. Next thing I knew I was falling to the ground with a large thud. I squealed loudly which earned lots of groans and complaints from the still occupied bunks. I hit Max before walking past him to the kitchen to get coffee.

`So where are we today?’

`Cardiff, South Wales. You’ll love it here, the shopping’s pretty cool and then we have a signing at
4 and then the show until 11’

`Sounds good, I’m going to head to the venue and shower and then I’ll meet you here when I’m
ready, ok?’

`Take your time making yourself gorgeous!’ he winked

I grabbed my stuff, and walked to the venue still in my pyjamas, I didn’t really care if fans saw me
anymore.
Sure enough as I was walking to the venue I heard a few of the fans behind the barriers
muttering about me. A few `Who’s that?’ and `is that Josh’s girlfriend?’.

These kids really did know how to stalk the guys pretty well. But I ignored them and just made my way inside. I saw Rob near the doors, texting someone on his phone, he gave me directions to the dressing rooms.

When I arrived at the dressing room the guys were in I noticed it was very full today. Sat on the sofas were Matt, Chris, Luke, Dan, and Josh, Carina and a few other guys and another girl.

`May! You’re up!’ Matt said, turning everyone attention to me.

`Yeeeah’ I said, feeling extremely awkward and out of place stood there in my pyjamas.

`This, my dear, is The Blackout, Sean, Snoz, James, Matthew, Rhys and Gavin. And this is Ally, Sean’s girlfriend. And I know what you’re thinking but no, she isn’t a cover up, turns out Sean isn’t gay’

This was met with laughter from everyone.

I said my hello’s and then went to the separate shower room.

I showered, finally using the hair dye I'd bought in London and then got out and blow dried and straightened my hair. It was dark, vibrant purple. I have to say, it looks freaking amazing! I took extra time today perfecting my makeup and wore my sluttiest clothes. I looked like a hooker, but a tasteful hooker. Yes, I’m sad to admit, this was to annoy Josh.

When I was finally done I packed up my bag and walked into the dressing room again.

Everyone was still here with the addition of a few others. When everyone turned around to look at me, everyone seemed kind of shocked. I guess I hadn’t really made much of an effort for a few days so it must have been a shock to see me in makeup.

The best reaction though was Josh’s he was staring at me wide-eyed and open mouthed, almost in shock. I noticed his eyes looked me up and down, drinking me in.

Oh the joys of being a woman. All you had to do was put on low cut shirts and you got this kinda reaction.

`Is it just me or did her hair just change colour?' Sean asked.

'You look gorgeous' Dan said, everyone nodded their heads in agreement, well everyone but Josh who was still staring at me.

'Thanks guys, I'm going out with Max now so I'll see you all later, have a nice day' I said before leaving.

This time I ran from the venue to the bus, I put down my bag and grabbed my purse, and put on my boots.

'Maxy I'm reeeeady!' I called

Max came up behind me putting his hand on my shoulder and spinning me around.

'When did my sweet, innocent May become this hot?' He asked his eyes wide.

I laughed it off.

'Do you like it?'

'I love it, you look beautiful' he whispered into my ear as he hugged me tight.

`Thanks, Maxy. Now can we leave? I hate being stuck on the bus’

`Sure. The town is literally up the road so we’ll walk’ Max put his sunglasses on, a poor disguise from the fans, and we set off out of the bus and past the long line of fans.

Unsurprisingly Max got recognised, but instead of meeting the fans he just quickly waved and said a short apology. Thank god for that. I wasn’t in the mood for screaming fan girls today.

We went into the town, Max only got recognised a few times thankfully, he was so sweet to the fans though posing for pictures and signing things for them. We spent a few hours walking around shopping; I bought a few new t-shirts and more alcohol seeming as we had drunk a lot of the bus’ supply last night. Then when we were done we stopped at Nandos for dinner. I was becoming addicted to this place. We were waiting for our food to come when I noticed Max was staring at me very intently.

`Umm… what’s wrong?’ I asked, feeling quite self-conscious.

`I know why you did this.’

`Did what?’

`This.’ He said, gesturing to my hair and new clothes.

‘I needed a change, that’s all.’

`No, you did this because of Josh. To make him jealous or something or maybe he hurt you more
than I thought he did. You’re trying to change yourself because you don’t feel like you’re good enough, that’s why he… umm… well you know…’

`You’re wrong. I just needed a change. Yes Josh did hurt me very much but I’m stronger than that.’

`I think that’s what you tell yourself but you’re not inside’ he said, his eyes full of sympathy.

`Just leave it Max. I’m here to finish tour then I’m leaving, you’ll never see me again’

`You know as well as I do that, that isn’t true. You won’t let him explain himself but you came back because you still love him, you want another cha-‘

`Stop.’ I interrupted, `Just stop, please’ my eyes were welling up now.

`May, talk to him. Please. I’ve forgiven him, you can too, I promise.’

`It’s too late. Can we just eat in peace now? You’re ruining chicken time for me’ I joked, trying
desperately to change the conversation.

`I’ll leave it for now but this isn’t over. He’s going to do anything to get you back’

We finished our chicken in silence, my mood had dropped considerately. We left soon after, the
show was due to start soon and I needed to be at merch. I really wasn’t looking forward to today’s
show, especially as the view from the merch booth was directly on to the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i made May slutty. Don't hate me. It's just kind of, like every girl has always dreamt about dressing themselves like that to get adoring looks from guys, to shock, to get some attention. So this was May kinda rebelling :)

Enjoy the chapter, it took a while! Next one will be tomorrow hopefully :)

http://www.polyvore.com/maylookslikeastripper/set?id=40271938 - MAY'S OUTFIT.

Music that inspired me:
Everything ever recorded by Two Door Cinema Club. Such a great band!