Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 2- I couldn't believe that my luck had changed

"There’s not much of a story. I caught my mom cheating on my dad, told him, he didn’t believe me and chucked me out. I've lost all my friends in New York so decided to re-invent myself and get away" i told her.

"Wow, i had no idea. I'm so sorry. I thought you were just looking for an adventure, I’m glad I’m taking you in honey"

We spoke for another hour over cups of tea, oh how i love the English's tea, until finally it was time for us to go home. We walked around the hostel and reached the car park where parked was a shiny, new silver convertible. It was so out of place here, yet Elissa pressed the button on her keys and started loading my case into the trunk.

"THIS IS YOURS?!" I exclaimed, in shock.

"Umm...kinda...yeah..."

"Omg! Are you like rich or something? This car is amazing!"

"Well, my father and brother run clothing companies, I’ve sold a few albums, i guess we're reasonably well off, I suppose" Elissa explained, humbly.

"You write music? That's amazing. I love music"

We got into the car and Elissa put on the radio.

"I do some shows now and again" she smiled before going silent.

I focused on the song on the radio, it was some poppy music. Ugh, how i hated pop music. It then swiftly changed into a rockier intro.

"Ooh! I know this song!"

Elissa had the biggest grin on her face.

"You do?"

I replied by singing along.

`Go home and wash your jeans, 'cause there's dirt on the knee's...' i sang softly "my friend, Jane, back in New York loves this band, I’ve been to one their shows before and everything. I used to tell her i hated them but i guess i kinda had a soft spot for them" I explained.

Elissa just giggled.

"The lead singer seems a bit of a twat. I think you may love it in Surrey though" she said whilst still giggling.

Elissa was definitely acting strange. I couldn't complain though, she had been so nice to me, taking me in and then treating me as though i was family or something. She was such a sweetheart.

"Hey, Liss? Mind if we stop at a supermarket so i can get some food?" i asked

"Oh, don't worry. We have plenty of food at home, you have to be prepared for when Josh is home" she joked.

"I'm making you dinner, to thank you. I just need all the ingredients"

We parked up at the local Waitrose.

"Back in 5" I shouted at her as i ran from the shop.

I grabbed mince, herbs, potatoes, salad, dressing, ranch, onions, and cheese and basically every other thing i could find. And for dessert i picked up all the ingredients for cheesecake, New York style, of course. And also some ingredients for pancakes for breakfast. I was going to thank Elissa through my cooking skills and American delicacies.

After 10 minutes at the checkout trying to figure out the English money

I finally arrived back at the car.

"Whoa! Did you buy food for a whole year or something?! There are only three of us!" Elissa joked.

"This is the American way, sweetie. I'll teach you to eat American, don't worry" She laughed at me and we set off again, this time the journey was only short and we pulled into a large sweeping driveway. This wasn't just a house this place was beautiful!

The large gates and sweeping gravel driveway led to a large modern house with glass fronted walls everywhere and balconies surrounding a large circular swimming pool. On the other side of the pool was a house the size of mine back home, i guessed this is where i would be staying. It was older styled than the rest of the house with shutters on the windows and a farmhouse feel to it, it contrasted the modern glass house in a strange way but it somehow worked. The house backed onto a large field with a decking and a small dog running around.

“Elissa. THIS is your house?!"

"Ermm... well it's my parents but i suppose so, yes. Do you like it?"

“Do i like it?! I LOVE IT!!! Oh my god! This place is like heaven! You have a pool!" I cried. "Elissa, i can't thank you enough. I've never been somewhere this spectacular, let alone been offered a free place to stay there. Thank you so much"

"Oh, Hun! Don't worry about it, we have plenty of space for you here and you seem so nice. Now go get settled in!" She said as she led me to my house.

I turned the door knob and opened the door. There was a long hallway, i put my case inside and looked into the first room. A large, wood floored living room with a large LCD TV, a ginormous fire place that looked like it was straight out of Harry Potter and a long leather sofa. I looked into the next room, a large black bathroom with a 2 person shower, a roll top bath, sink and toilet. And then the room at the end, the Kitchen. With worktops and cupboards all around the edges and a large red fridge and a breakfast bar it looked like it was straight out of a kitchen showroom. I couldn't wait to start cooking!

I then went upstairs, four whole bedrooms! All with en-suites. I chose the bedroom with the memory foam mattress and blue sheets. I then went up the next flight of stairs that led to the attic. It was covered in posters, Taking Back Sunday, Paramore, Jimmy Eat World, Brand New; it was all my favourite bands. I then looked to the far corner where i saw a drum kit, 3 guitars, and a microphone set up. This place was like a band practice room from a high school movie.

I had fallen into the greatest situation ever. I never believed in luck but this had to be it. This doesn't just happen to 19 year old girls from the suburbs of New York. I was so lucky to have bumped into Elissa today.

Now i believe it's time to whip her up some American style burgers!
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Comment please :D
Music that inspired me:
Rope- Foo Fighters
I'm made of wax larry... - A Day To Remember
Decode- paramore
Move Your Hands - Francesqa