Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 4 - May Angels Lead You In.

When I woke up the sun was shining through the windows, it took me a few minutes to fully wake up and realise I was leaning on someone. Who was it?! I looked to my side to see that it was Josh, sleeping with his arm around my shoulders and softly snoring. He looked so adorable. I sat there for another 10 minutes before I decided it was time for breakfast. I managed to maneuver myself out of Josh’s grasp without waking him and walked upstairs to get changed and then to the kitchen to start making pancakes for us both. But first I ran upstairs to go get a CD, I decided on Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World. I popped it in the player and started to relax as I heard the first strum of the guitar start on the first track. I started making the pancakes and started to softly sing along to the album. I was nearly finished making up the pancakes when my favourite song came on. The song was ‘Hear You Me’. I closed my eyes and began to sing along again.

“There's no one in town I know

You gave us some place to go.

I never said thank you for that.

I thought I might get one more chance.

What would you think of me now,

So lucky, so strong, so proud?

I never said thank you for that,

Now I'll never have a chance.

May angels lead you in.

Hear you me my friends.

On sleepless roads the sleepless go.

May angels lead you in.”

The instrumental started and I just carried on standing there, my eyes closed, fully absorbed in the music.

“So what would you think of me now,

So lucky, so strong, so proud?

I never said thank you for that,

Now I'll never have a chance.”

I noticed a third voice joining me and the singer’s voice on the CD. A voice that was soft and deep at the same time. I opened my eyes to see Josh stood at the door, his hair all sticking up from his slumber, singing along to the song with me.

“May angels lead you in.

Hear you me my friends.

On sleepless roads the sleepless go.

May angels lead you in.

May angels lead you in.

May angels lead you in.”

We were both singing along now and swaying around the kitchen to the song, laughing and dancing.

“And if you were with me tonight,

I'd sing to you just one more time.

A song for a heart so big,

God wouldn't let it live.

May angels lead you in.

Hear you me my friends.

On sleepless roads the sleepless go.

May angels lead you in.

May angels lead you in.

Hear you me my friends.

On sleepless roads the sleepless go.

May angels lead you in.

May angels lead you in.”

We both sang the end of the song in unison, perfectly harmonising each other. As the song
came to an end and the next track began we both stood there, silently just staring at each other. That’s when I noticed Josh was starting to lean in. Was he going to kiss me?! I quickly turned away and occupied myself with serving up the pancakes, when I turned back around I noticed Josh was blushing, looking downwards and his previously bright, happy face had dropped into an embarrassed grimace. I placed our plates on the table and his head finally shot up. He noticed I was looking at him and made a quick recovery and smiled at me again, this time his eyes seemed hollower though.

“You know, you have a really beautiful voice.” He said, “And a damn good taste in music”

“I could say the same about you!” We were both blushing now, “You didn’t tell me you could sing.”

“You never asked. We should jam sometime, you up for it?”

“I’d love to! I wanna see this band of yours soon though, I am very intrigued.”

“Ugh, do you have to?” he pleaded

“Yes, I really do.”

“We have practice later, up in the attic here”

“So that’s what that is used for! I was creeping around the house last night and saw it, excellent
choice in posters by the way”

“The band has been collecting them since we were like 14. Make sure you’re ready by 3 then and come join us, you gotta meet the guys anyway” he was so cute when he was excited

“Ok, I’ll be there! And then I want to take you out for a few drinks. I hear you English think you
can drink us under the table, I’d like to test that.” I winked.

We finished our pancakes and then Josh declared he was gonna head home and shower. Just before he left he turned to me and said,

“May, I'm really glad you’re here. I feel like this is the start of something great, you know what I mean?”

“I do. All I can do is repay you for letting me stay until I get somewhere permanent” Josh’s face fell again as I said that last part.

“You mean you aren’t staying?” he looked downtrodden

“I wasn’t planning to; I don’t want to burden you for too long. You and Elissa have done far too much for me already.” I explained

“You can stay as long as you want. I want you here and this house is empty anyway. Please consider staying.” He said, this time he was deadly serious.

“Ok, I will. Now go away I need to get ready to look my best for your band!” I joked.

As Josh left I sat there in the kitchen thinking about the last twenty four hours. So much had happened. And why had I denied a kiss from Josh? I guess I don’t want to get attached when I know I’ll have to leave her soon. I wish I could stay here forever, I really do love it. But enough of thinking about the future I need to go make myself look sexy for band practice hahahahaha.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=38711108 - Mays breakfast outfit

ENJOY! COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE IT!

the band are introduced next chapter, can't wait to write it. they have such fun personalities :D

I think you can guess which Music Inspired Me in this chapter ;) good old Jimmy Eat World. Thanks for reading!