Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 5 - I am the rumour on everyones lips

I spent the day unpacking my bags into the wardrobe; it seems I was hanging around here for a little while. Once I was done I showered and got ready for the bands practice. I wore my American flag shorts, a Glamour Kills shirt, red Converse, a charm bracelet and necklace. I did my makeup quite casually and just left my hair to go into its natural curls. When I was done I decided to turn my phone on. That was a bad idea. I had a lot of texts from my parents, sister and my friends back home. I guess some people were kinda worried that I took off. I was still waiting for them all to come through when I heard a knock on my door. I answered it to find Josh stood there. Now he was wearing a black shirt with a Lion on, black jeans and black vans with a grey beanie hat covering his perfectly messy hair. He looked pretty fine.

“You look beautiful.” He said, hugging me. I looked down at the ground to hide my blush,
“I just wanted to tell you the band will be here soon and I was heading up stairs to go warm up a little, care to join me?”

“Yeah sure! Im so excited!” I said as I followed him down the hall and up the stairs.

When we got upstairs I noticed that he had set up the amps and guitars already, he sat down with an acoustic guitar and started to tune it. When he was satisfied he motioned for me to sit with him.

“I think you’ll know this song pretty well” he smiled at me before he started strumming the intro to ‘Remembering Sunday’ by All Time Low. One of my favourite songs of all time.

“He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes

Started making his way past two in the morning

He hasn't been sober for days

Leaning now into the breeze remembering Sunday

He falls to his knees, they had breakfast together

But two eggs don't last like the feeling of what he needs

Now this place seems familiar to him

She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs

Left him dying to get inside.”

I sat and stared at Josh, the way his fingers moved on the guitar, the way his eyes would close
when he was getting into the song. I decided to join in with the chorus and harmonised with him.

“Forgive me, I'm trying to find

My calling, I'm calling at night

I don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen this girl?

She's been running through my dreams

And it's driving me crazy, it seems

I'm gonna ask her to marry me

And even though she doesn't believe in love

He's determined to call her bluff

Who could deny these butterflies?

They're filling his gut

Waking the neighbours, unfamiliar faces

He pleads though he tries

But he's only denied

Now he's dying to get inside

Forgive me, I'm trying to find

My calling, I'm calling at night

I don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen this girl?

She's been running through my dreams

And it's driving me crazy, it seems

I'm gonna ask her to marry me

Her neighbour said, she moved away

Funny how it rained all day

I didn't think much of it then

But it's starting to all make sense

Oh, I can see now

That all of these clouds are following me

In my desperate endeavour

To find my whoever, wherever she may be”

Josh looked at me and motioned for me to sing the next part. I closed my eyes and waited for my cue to start singing.

“I'm not coming back; I've done something so terrible

I'm terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me

I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt

Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair

And out of my mind, keeping an eye on the world

So many thousands of feet off the ground

I'm over you now; I'm at home in the clouds

Towering over your head”

I stopped singing and watched Josh with a big smile on my face until he finished the last verse.

“Well I guess I'll go home now,

I guess I'll go home now,

I guess I'll go home now,

I guess I'll go home.”

As Josh sang the last word a round of applause started up near the door, we both turned around quickly and saw four guys, our age stood there.

“Well, well, well. Who do we have here then, Joshy?” said the shortest one. This must be his band members then. I turned to look at Josh who was now blushing; he stood up and gestured for me to stand also.

“Guys, this is May, she’ll be staying with us for a while. Be nice to her. May this is Max, our rhythm guitarist”
Max was the one who had made the remark before; he was short, tattooed and really cute looking. His eyes were brown and really bright and he looked like a little chipmunk or something. I shook his hand.

“This is Chris, or Chew as we call him, he plays lead Guitar” I shook his hand; he had long hair, almost as long as mine and quite a serene, calm look of him. He seemed quite shy.

“This is Dan, he is our drummer.” Dan had blonde hair, it had to be bleached, that was spiked up at the front, eyes almost as blue as Josh’s and a very sweet smile.

“And this is Matt; he’s our Bass player and is very possibly Chinese.” Matt slapped Josh before taking my hand and kissing it.

“Nice to meet you my fair lady” Matt also had spiked up hair but his was a shiny dark brown, almost black. His cheeky smile and over the top gestures told me he was the joker of the group. All in all they seemed like a nice group of guys.

“It’s great to meet you all”

“Ooh! What was that accent?” Dan questioned

“That is the fine accent of a New Yorker” I answered.

“Guys, before we start I need to have a little chat with you about something” Josh announced.

I figured this was a private chat so I excused myself and went to grab some beers for everyone from the kitchen. When I made my way up to the attic again I heard Josh say,

“So we won’t play any old songs only the new album and I’ll just hope she doesn’t recognise us”

“Josh, she’s gonna find out soon enough. It’s not that much of a big deal.” I heard Chris say

“To you guys perhaps not but remember what happened with Hanna? She let the fame go to her head and changed because of it; she got a lot of hate about it too. I just don’t want that to happen again, you know?”

“Waaait. Are you saying you like May? As in like, like?” Matt said

“What? No, of course not. I only just met her, it’s just I’d rather get to know her and then tell her about us”

“I understand. We’ll help you out; just know that she will find out.” Dan said

“Thanks guys, I appreciate it.”

“MUSIC TIME BITCHESSSS!” I heard max shout.

What was Josh keeping from me? I had no idea, but it was something to do with fame? Maybe Josh and Elissa’s family were famous? I don’t know, but as everyone kept saying, I would find out soon enough. As soon as I could hear the guys picking up their instruments I decided to enter the room carrying my tray of drinks.

“Aww, Josh you’ve got her trained and everything” Dan said as the boys bombarded me and took a drink each. When everyone was ready to start practicing Josh took control. He was quite clearly the leader of the band even though he had told me he was the youngest.

“Right, so today we’re working on Trophy Eyes, right? We’ve got about one song down for this album already, I’ve written two more and Max has worked on some more too. So we’re doing pretty well as of now but its only two months until we have to record it all though so we need to get down to business as we go on tour next month.”

After Josh said this the practice was under way and I got to see them all write the song together, the riffs, the drums, vocals and Josh’s last adjustments to his lyrics. I just sat on the sofa in the corner and watched them all at work. It was a good two hours before I heard the song in full and even then they informed me it still had a lot of editing that needed to be done. After another half hour of playing around I could see them all slowly losing interest. That’s when Dan came and sat with me.

“So May, what brings you here? Especially to the Franceschi’s?” He asked

“I decided to go a kind of adventure and met Elissa at the hostel in London I was gonna stay at,
she insisted I couldn’t stay there and practically forced me to come here but I am not regretting
it one bit. I love this place and everyone is so kind”

“You’re crazy. I could never do that, I admire you for it.”

We spoke for a while and I was really starting to like him, he was such a genuinely nice guy.

“So are you bored? Because I kinda want to go swimming” he said

“I don’t have a bikini though” I answered.

“Me either” he winked and grabbed my arm pulling me outside with him.
“WE’RE GOING SWIMMIIIIIIIING!” Dan shouted as we descended down the stairs.

I heard all the guys drop their instruments and run after us, when we reached the pools edge Dan let go off me and jumped straight in. I felt someone grab me from behind, I looked back, and it was Josh.

“Does May like swimming?” He whispered in my ear. The feel of his warm breath against my cheek made me nervous, I stuttered out a yes and next thing I knew Josh wrapped his arms around my waist and dive bombed into the pool. The water was freezing and I was dunked straight under, I could feel my clothes soaking it up before I quickly made my way to the surface again splashing water at Josh who was laughing at me and my now smudged makeup. I looked around and noticed everyone was in the pool now splashing and messing around. I turned to look at Josh and noticed that he was standing very close to me, this time he placed one hand on my cheek and with the other he wiped away my smudged eyeliner and moved my fringe from my face. We stood there for a while just staring into each other eyes before I said,

“Josh, I don’t know how I can repay you for all this. I love it here, you’re a life saver. So thank you, if there’s any way I could ever repay you just let me know please”

“May stop it. You owe us nothing, I love having you here, honest.” He replied.

We stood there for a few seconds longer until max and Chris jumped on us making us fall into the water yet again. The night went on with much alcohol consumed until we all crashed in the bed rooms of my house, Josh took the sofa downstairs.

This night had been perfect. And I was going shopping tomorrow!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
SO WHO HAS TICKETS TO YOU ME AT SIX'S MARCH TOUR? I'll be seeing them in my hometown for the third time :D i can not wait!!! Tell me what dates you're going to!

http://www.polyvore.com/may_band_practice/set?id=38729853 - Mays outfit. I love how she dresses, so cute :)

http://www.polyvore.com/joshs_band_practice_outfit/set?id=38729936 - Josh's Outift. I just love him ahaha :')

ENJOY COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE!!!! I'VE WROTE LOADS FOR YOU GUYS AND HAD NO COMMENTS. I might stop posting because i don't think anyones enjoying it :/

Hey to my subscribers, I love you. All....3 of you.... it's a start! :P

Music that Inspired me-
White Pony by Deftones. Some absolutes tunes on this album.