Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 6 - You talk a good game but girl, you've been played.

“May, you need to get up soon, Elissa wants to leave for London soon”

I heard someone shout from outside my bedroom. I jumped straight out of bed, I'm a great morning person, and opened the door to see a slightly worse for wear Josh stood there.

“I knew I could drink you under the table” I joked

“Hey, don’t speak so loud please.” He croaked.
I just laughed at him and told him to tell Elissa I’d be ready soon.

I showered quickly making sure to get all of the chlorine out of my hair. Once I was out I decided to straighten my hair quickly, it had got so long in the past few months and I hadn’t even noticed, it needed a dye though, I had allowed the vivid orange it normally was to fade into a blonder – orange colour, it was time for a change . I looked in the mirror and noticed a lot of things were changing about me already , I’d moved to England for a while, my hair had grown, I had lost weight and now had a pretty decent figure and I was so much happier here than I was back in New York. England was good for me, and I loved it here.

I then applied my makeup, I put some black mascara on and a little liquid eyeliner on my top lids, and I left off the blusher and just applied a light slick of red lip stick.

I then went and looked in my wardrobe, it was a quite warm day again today, the sun was shining and there was no wind. This called for one of my cutest dresses, I put on my lace dress, I had never had a chance to wear it, it was too pure and pretty for the streets of New York but it seemed elegant enough to wear in London, I teamed it with some white brogues, a gold charm bracelet and a lace bag. I decided to put my lace hair tie in my hair too. I then went and looked in the mirror again and I smiled at the girl in my reflection she looked like she was glowing and radiated happiness, she looked beautiful in her dress and she looked like a classy young woman. For once in my life I actually liked what I saw in the mirror and it was an invigorating feeling.

On my way out the house I grabbed my purse and said good bye to the guys who were all in the front room riding out their hangovers, then I went outside to find Elissa was sat on a chair by the pool waiting for me.

“Liss! I’m ready!” I called

“Ooh! Good!” She said as we both walked over to her car.

“So what did you guys get up to yesterday then? When I got back from working late there was beer bottles and water everywhere outside by the pool. You seem to be doing a lot better than Josh was this morning” she laughed

“I watched band practice and then we went for a swim and then I learnt that the guys really can’t handle their drink”

“So what did you think of the band then?”

“They’re so good! Josh’s voice is amazing; i would love to hear you sing one day though”

“I’ll give you my albums later; you do know that Josh and i have a song on his bands album where we both sing?”

“Oh, you do?! That must be amazing! I’ll ask him to show me it when we get back later!”

We spent the rest of the journey talking about music and Elissa’s future album plans. Until we finally arrived in London.

“Right, I’ll drop you near oxford street and then pick you up at the same place in 4 hours when I'm done at work, ok?”

“That’s great, thank you so much” I said as I ran out of the car, excited about my day of shopping ahead of me.

I hadn’t been shopping for ages so it felt amazing to finally spend all the money I had saved up over the past few months. I started in Top Shop, then went to River Island and then onto H&M. The amount of money I spent was…well…I don’t think I should tell you…it was unjustifiable, but hey! I worked hard for this money! I bought dresses, shorts; jeans and a lot of band t-shirts vintage and new. I also bought the most beautiful Doc Martens ever, they are gorgeous.

By this time it was 3 o, clock and I was absolutely starving, and I hadn’t eaten since yesterday. I went to the nearest Starbucks and ordered a sandwich, a muffin and a Caramel Macchiato. The perfect shopping lunch.

It was when I was sat eating that I got a great idea, I should buy Elissa and Josh some presents to say thank you! But what could I buy them? I know Elissa likes Adele; maybe I could buy her, her new album? And then some flowers and chocolates too? Yeah, that would be perfect, I saw a HMV further up the road earlier I’ll head there when I'm finished here. And for Josh… for Josh… I’ll buy him some posters!!! Not like he needs anymore but I know he likes so hopefully he’ll appreciate that.

So as soon as I was done I made my way up the busy street and into HMV. I went to the top seller’s area to get the new Adele CD and sure enough there it was, I grabbed a copy and then headed to the back of the store to search through the posters. I flicked through the posters looking at them all to decide which one I could buy Josh. I found a Bring Me The Horizon poster and a Blink 182 poster for him. I was searching for one more when I came across a poster of five very familiar men in front of a red back drop.

Five very familiar men.

So this was the big ‘fame’ secret. The band was famous enough to have a poster in HMV no wonder he wanted to wait to tell me.

I looked at the picture again. Yep, that was definitely Josh stood in the middle of it. I noticed this time that the band’s name was written at the bottom.

You Me At Six.

YOU ME AT SIX?!

You Me At Six, the same band that I saw at Warped tour last year? The same band that I was singing in the car with Elissa the other night? The same band that I had their CD in my case? This was so embarrassing. They all know that I know about them. Everyone knew that I knew except for me. How stupid was i?! This explained all the giggling anyway.

Well, if they were playing a game with me, I was gonna have a little fun with them too.

This was going to be very fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I FINALLY FOUND A PICTURE OF WHAT I THINK MAY WOULD LOOK LIKE -------> http://vi.sualize.us/view/df75b85fe95260dc9f04e1e8d73b1001/

Enjoy, my beautiful readers. Six Chapters and still no comments :'(

Anyway, i hope you guys are enjoying this story, it really would be nice to hear some feedback though!

http://www.polyvore.com/mays_shopping_outfit/set?id=38764047 - May's shopping outfit, i love this outfit, its so adorable <3

All of Mays purchases:
http://www.polyvore.com/mays_shopping_spree_purchases_topshop/set?id=38765492
http://www.polyvore.com/mays_shopping_spree_purchases_river/set?id=38765922
http://www.polyvore.com/mays_shopping_spree_purchases/set?id=38766851

Music That Inspired Me -
Crash - You Me At Six
Northern Downpour - Panic! At The Disco
Vermilion part 2 - Slipknot
Foo Fighters Medley - You Me At Six