Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Don't Make This Easy, I Want You To Mean It

It was his first night in Tempe, Arizona. Everything had been great so far for Nick Santino. Eric Halvorsen's a really good friend of him, as good as how kind Halvo's friends and family were to Nick.

Nick came from Braintree, Massachusetts. He came to Tempe to meet Halvo and talk about music they were going to make together. Halvo just picked Nick up from the airport when he asked Nick to come to his friend's house for a movie night. Being told that Halvo's friend's named Mary, Nick found his own interest to join Halvo and his friends. He wanted to know if this Mary was the same Mary he used to be friends on internet.

Turned out, Mary was a friend he found on a social network. Mary O'Callaghan was his cyber friend and now he's standing in her front door. Nick was surprised to know about that but he didn't really show it because he wasn't really sure about that, though. Along that afternoon, Nick tried to be nice to Mary but all he got was just a simple smile. That's why, he's kind of afraid to ask if this Mary was the same Mary he used to know from the net. He just wouldn't know what to do if he asked a wrong person.

It was one in the morning and Nick hasn't got any sleep yet. There's no way he got jet lag—MA to AZ ain't no as far as if he went to Europe. This ginger boy just laid in his bed, thinking about what Mary had said to him before leaving.

`Really? Can you tell me more about her? It's just nice to find someone in common.` She might just playing dumb when she said that. She might wanted to know if Nick still remembered him or not.

`I thought you still remembered me, Nick. I'm totally wrong, then.` She said that. She's the Mary Nick used to be so close, she's that Mary Nick left for an unknown reason. Mary's words kept filling his head all night long. Nick knew that Mary's really upset to him, he knew the reason why so well.

But wait a minute, Nick talked to himself. Why would he think too much about Mary? All they had been was just friends. Even if Nick used to flirt and say so many sweet words to Mary, it was just nothing for him.

Nothing, until he felt he lost someone nice to talk to, someone awesome to share with, someone he knew he'd like to spend his life with someday. It was nothing about Nick leaving Mary until he regret for doing that. He wanted to be friends with Mary again, not just as a cyber friend, but a real friend, a real best friend like how she had Halvo and the others. Even if he could, he'd ask Mary for a further relationship. Only if he could get things back like the old days.

2.30 in the morning, Nick finally decided to talk and apologize to Mary, no matter how mad she'd be at him, he'd make sure himself to make her as his friend, or maybe more, again.

***

`Morning, Pal,` Halvo greeted Nick as he offered Nick omelet for breakfast. `Want to go to Pat's house to see his band practicing? I usually go there to practice my music too.`

Nick tried to remember who's Pat. He then remembered the attractive boy who couldn't be far from Jared or Kennedy. Nick thought that they'd meet everyone there and he also could show his music, so he said yes to Halvo's offer.

The two boys arrived at The Kirch's crib right before lunch time. They could hear some musics played as Tim, Pat's brother, opened the front door.

`Hey, you came in the right time,` Tim said, `I was going to order pizzas when you rang the bell.`

Halvo introduced Nick to Tim as the older Kirch let them in. They went to the basement as they heard some random sounds of strings and notes. They must have done with practice.

`Hey!` John exclaimed and stood up to catch those who were just coming. `Hi, new friend.` said him as he smiled to Nick.

The other four boys said hi to Nick and Halvo. Nick smiled back as his eyes was searching for someone who wasn't there at the time.

`Where are the girls?` Halvo asked.

`Girls day out?` John answered as he shrugged. `They'll be here soon, though. I've told Kayla that you'd be here, and we're also going to eat pizzas.`

Nick sighed to hear that. He was wondering what would it be if Mary was there. Though, he has decided to talk to the girl even if he still didn't know how to start it.

While the boys were waiting for the girls, they asked Nick to show them his music. So Jared handed Nick his guitar as Nick thought which song he should play. Nick played some random notes and started to play his song's intro. But suddenly, Mary and Kayla rushed to the basement door and that made everyone starred at the girls.

Mary was surprised to find Nick in Pat's basement. Nick gave her a smile but she just glanced at him and went tho where Garrett's sitting.

`What's he doing here?!` Mary mumbled, loud enough for Garrett to hear and ask her what's up.

`Oh, that boy?` Garrett looked at where Mary's eyes were directed to. `Halvo brought him here. He said that this boy would show us his music.` Said Garrett as Mary made a little 'oh' and kept starring at Nick. That ginger boy was going to play his song again.

Nick played a song he just made before going to Arizona, it was still untitled but everyone seemed they love it. As the song finished, Tim came to announce that the pizza had arrived. Everyone cheered and ran out to the kitchen because they didn't one someone steal their pizza.

Mary took her slice of pizza and a glass of orange juice. She went to terrace in the backyard and had her lunch alone. She's very much a loner even if she had so many friends, but she liked it that way. And she didn't mind too if her cousin or her friends wanted to join in.

`Hi,` someone greeted and distracted Mary's mind.

`What do you want?`

Nick scratched his head and said, `Sorry for disturbing. I just wanna accompany you here. Maybe we can have a little talk?` Nick showed a little innocent grin.

`I don't think I wanna talk with you,` Mary said as she moved a bit from the seat to make a distance from Nick, but that made Nick dared to sit beside her.

`I thought you gave me a space to sit?` Nick grinned again but he quickly said, `look Mary, I know you're really mad at me. But really, I'm so sorry for leaving a friend like you.`

`It's not just you left me, Nick.` Mary sighed. `I know it's stupid to easily trust people from the net. And you just gave me too many hopes.`

`I was really busy that time, I didn't have time to be online. But now I'm free, I'm all free.`

`Then what? I don't care if you're busy or free or anything else you would tell me.`

`Can we at least be friends again?`

Mary looked away from Nick and just left him as she's finished with her pizza.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi hi hi! It's a super long chapter I know, but I hope this chapter won't make you feel bored eheh. I was so happy to see how many subscribers I have, thank you so much! I'll update this story asap only for you ;)