Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Reunions

-August 2007-

I didn’t go to the KCA’s. Instead, I tried working on me and my relationship with Noel, but by this point, I’d already figured out what was going on. We were two different people going in two separate directions.

Noel didn’t want to act anymore and I wanted to sing and act. I called him the following day, a huge sigh escaping my lips. I didn’t want to do it, but I knew I had to.

The phone rung three times before he answered.

N: Hello?
S: Hey. I’m pretty sure you know why I called.
N: No, I don’t.

Oh, God. This was going to suck.

S: *sighs* Well, you know how you don’t want to act and how you live in Canada, but I want to act and sing and-
N: I know. We’re breaking up, aren’t we?
S: Noel, you know we can’t-
N: It’s OK. I gave up on us like 6 months ago.
S: W-what?
N: I’ve been seeing someone else, actually.
S: Who?
*in background*
?: Noel, who’s that on the phone? Ro?
S: I-Is that Brittney?!
N: Shoot. Um, yeah, it is.
S: I-I thought you guys ended on bad terms or something like that.
N: Yeah, we did, but the time I’ve spent here in Canada and since we both live here-
S: I get the picture, Noel, thanks. Don’t call me again and better yet, just don’t ever talk to me again.
N: Sam, don’t be like this. You knew it was going to happen eventually-
S: I knew it was going to happen eventually?! How the hell was I supposed to know you would cheat on me?!
N: Come on, Sam. Don’t play dumb. You knew things were wrong in June last year.
S: You know what, Noel?! Screw you!

I hung up just like that, my eyes stinging with tears. I wiped them away as I pulled out my laptop I got for Christmas from Ben, running a hand through my hair.

I searched for the guys, my eyes flickering to Miley’s name. There was an article about she and Nick possibly dating, but I rolled my eyes knowing it to be true. I searched endlessly to find out what event they were going to attend so we could reconnect again.

Satisfied, I found an article that they were to attend the Teen Choice Awards this year. I stood, then walked to my drawer set where I kept my invitations both denied and accepted as well as information I had on artists or people I’ve worked with or encountered.

Finally, I found the paper I was looking for. It was a document I received earlier in the year from Ben whom explained everything to me even though I already understood. It read:

Samantha,

We of Nick Inc. would like to invite you to the 2007 Teen Choice awards show as well as the after-party. Please, get in contact with us as soon as possible at least a week prior to the show if you’d like to schedule a performance. We hope to see you there.


“Yes!” I exclaimed happily.

Suddenly, a bunch of lyrics came into my mind and I pulled out a few notepads writing them down on one at first. I hoped going to the awards show wouldn’t cause more drama than necessary.



“Samantha! Samantha! Samantha!” the reporters cried as I walked down the orange carpet.

I posed picture after picture deciding it best not to do any interviews today. I was in a good mood to see the boys.

Just as I was walking down the carpet near the middle, the crowd went a little wilder causing me to look to my left as I saw Kevin, Joe, Nick, and Miley posing picture after picture with one another. They stopped occasionally for quick interviews.

Once I got near the end, I finally caved, allowing a young girl to interview me.

“Hi, Sam!” she said slightly awe-struck.

“Hi,” I said sweetly, flashing a smile.

“Are you excited being here at the Teen Choice Awards? You didn’t attend the KCA’s last year,” she pointed out.

That stung.

“Yes, I’m very excited being here. I couldn’t make it last year because I was writing more songs for the newly released album,” I lied flashing a smile.

“Are you going to perform this year?” she asked.

Due to contract, I couldn’t answer her.

“I don’t know. We’ll see,” I said, feeling giddy.

“Great!” she said excitedly.

A light laugh escaped me as the crowd went crazy. The boys were less than a foot from me. Joe spotted me first, coming over to me as he posed for pictures.

“I can’t believe you’re here, Sammy!” he said smiling through his teeth.

A light laugh escaped me, but I smiled all the while. It wasn’t too long after I laughed when Kevin came over posing with me, too.

“Oh my gosh!” he said smiling.

I laughed again just as he walked a little farther for Nick to pose with me. The crowd went crazy as Miley just walked past us.

Nick didn’t speak as he wrapped an arm around my lower back posing only twice with a smile the first time not showing his teeth while he didn’t smile at all with the second pose. His hair was much curlier and longer than I remembered it to be.

Shocked, I followed them inside, the lights, cameras, and everything finally being off of us. Miley laced hands with Nick as Kevin and Joe embraced me in a hug.

“Sammy! We missed you!” Joe said happily.

“I’ve missed you guys, too,” I admitted, hugging them back just as much.

They pulled away allowing Nick to step forward again.

“Congrats on you guys transitioning. I’m glad you’re famous now,” I said smiling brightly.

“Thanks. We’re glad you’re famous, too,” Nick replied.

He began to walk towards me more than likely to hug me, but Miley tightened her grip slightly.

“You saw the episode of my show with them on it?” she asked causing my eyes as well as the boys to shift to her.

“Yeah. You guys were hilarious, but to be honest,” I began, staring at Miley, “you made it obvious that you two are dating.”

Joe and Kevin smiled, turning their heads away to suppress their laughter. I saw Nick take a breath just as he spoke.

“I told you people would notice,” he said exasperatedly unwrapping from her grasp.

“I’m sorry. I was excited that day,” she said in her thick, country accent.

I rolled my eyes, my phone ringing. I held up a finger before saying, “I’m sorry,” as I answered.

Mr. J: Hello, Samantha? It’s Mr. Jonas, Nick, Kevin, and Joe’s dad?
S: Hi, Mr. Jonas. It’s nice to hear your voice again.
Mr. J: *laughs* Thank you. I just got off the phone with Ben and he said they’ve finally reached an agreement that you’ll be going on tour with the boys and Miley this fall!

My mouth dropped open in shock. I wasn’t expecting this at all.

S: R-really? That’s great!
Mr. J: Great. When Miley goes on stage with the boys, you can go up there with them since they’ll be announcing your name as well to tell everyone. But don’t tell Miley, she doesn’t know yet.
S: *laughs* OK. That’s great. I’ll see you soon, then.
Mr. J: See you soon, Sam. Bye-bye.
S: Bye.

“So, what did Dad say?” Joe asked.

“Nothing. He just asked to see if I saw you guys,” I lied, but Joe winked at me.

“Oh. OK,” Kevin said.

“Well, I gotta get going. It was nice seeing you guys again,” I said politely.

“Wait!” Joe exclaimed suddenly.

“Yeah. We’ll escort you inside,” Kevin said as though he got the message.

They held one arm each out to me and I took them both as we walked inside of the TCA’s, a smile on our faces the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! And also, Happy Holidays! :)

I don't know when I'm gonna update this story again, but currenty I have 37 chapters typed up. :)

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.