Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

The After-Party: Part I

I sat beside the boys and Miley the entire time. Is it bad that I sat on Joe’s right at the end of our weird line while Miley sat on his left which was on Nick’s right, following Kevin?

Joe kept me laughing the entire time and even somehow filled me in about what happened to them over the past year including his brief relationship with someone from Aly & AJ. Eventually, we were led through the crowd to announce the hit TV show of the year, people going crazy that I was on stage with them.

We smiled brightly as everyone cheered, screamed, squealed, the works. It was funny to say the least.

“And the winner of hit TV show is,” Kevin said as the drum roll began.

“Disney’s very own Hannah Montana!” I exclaimed with fake enthusiasm.

The crowd cheered louder as Miley approached the stage hugging each of us unfortunately. She did her little speech and went on to tell the crowd about the boys going on tour until Kevin spoke reading the teleprompter.

“Aren’t we missing someone who’s also going on tour with us?” he asked.

The crowd squealed with excitement.

“We are, aren’t we?” Joe asked, playing along.

“Who could it be?” Miley asked.

All of their eyes landed on me as I pretended to have my attention elsewhere until the crowd started cheering and screaming really loudly.

“Oh, you mean me?” I asked causing the crowd to laugh.

“Of course we mean you!” Nick said suppressing his laughter.

He walked over, taking me by the hand as he led me back to them. I pretended as though I was shocked to hold hands with him (even though the pretending was actually real). The crowd went crazy after we reached them.

“I can’t wait for you guys to go on tour with me! And thank you guys I love you so much!” she said to the fans as the music began telling us to get off of the stage.

I went back stage, disappearing from the boys to change into another outfit. About five minutes later, the announcer’s voice rung throughout the building.

“Here’s Samantha Parker performing her newest single So Yesterday.”

“I want to dedicate this song to anyone who’s going through a break-up right now. This is for anyone who is experiencing the pain that I am right now. You know who you are. This song’s for you,” I said as the music started.

You can change your life
(If you wanna)
You can change your clothes
(If you wanna)
If you change your mind
Well, that's the way it goes

But I'm gonna keep your jeans
And your old black hat
(Cause I wanna)
They look good on me
You're never gonna get them back
At least not today, not today
Not today cause


I walked from the stage, turning my head to the left before looking back at the audience. Then, I walked over to the right side of the stage making sure I touched some of the fans hands.

If it's over, let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday.
I'm just a bird that's already flown away.
Laugh it off and let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday
Haven't you heard that I'm gonna be okay?


I skipped over to the middle of the stage where fans were reaching out to me, some girls crying, others singing with me.

Ha, okay

You can say you're bored
(If you wanna)
You could act real tough
(If you wanna)
You could say you're torn
But I've heard enough

Thank you
You've made my mind up for me
When you started to ignore me
Do you see a single tear
It isn't gonna happen here

At least not today, not today
Not today cause


I skipped over to the audience on the left side, twirling in my dress singing to them.

If it's over, let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday
I'm just a bird that's already flown away
Laugh it off and let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday
Haven't you heard that I'm gonna be okay?


I stared out into the crowd, Nick’s orbs finding my own. He wore a proud smile. He head nodding a little to the beat of the song.

If you're over me
I'm already over you
If it's all been done
What is left to do
How can you hang up
If the line is dead
If you wanna walk
I'm a step ahead
If you're moving on
I'm already gone
If the light is off
Then it isn't on


The music decreased in intensity as did the tone of my voice. I got down to my knees as though I were in pain.

At least not today, not today
Not today cause


The light started flashing as the music increased in intensity again as did my voice and I stood, singing my heart out to the crowd.

If it's over, let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday
I'm just a bird that's already flown away
Laugh it off and let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday
Haven't you heard, you're so (yesterday)

If it's over, let it go and
Come tomorrow it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday
I'm just a bird that's already flown away
Laugh it off and let it go and
When you wake up it will seem
So yesterday, so yesterday
Haven't you heard that I'm gonna be okay?


I ended the song posing with my head turned to the left looking away from the crowd with a smile on my face as they cheered louder than ever.

“Thank you!” I shouted into the mic, accepting the claps and cheers.



I changed back into my original outfit, going to the after-party. Somehow, I found my way through the crowd eventually running into the boys, but Miley was nowhere to be seen.

“Sammy!” Joe cried engulfing me in another hug.

I laughed, but erased the smile from my face as I smacked him upside the head.

“Stop calling me Sammy. It sounds like a boy’s name,” I said in a serious tone.

“Sorry,” he said with a small pout, but I patted him on the back.

“It’s OK. You’re forgiven this time,” I teased. This only made him hug me again flashing me another smile.

Kevin shook his head before speaking.

“Honestly, Sam, I didn’t know you were that great of a singer,” he teased.

I gasped, kicking him under the table getting an “ow” out of him. I realized the order we were sitting in. First it was me on the outside, then Joe, Kevin, and finally Nick whom sat across and in front of me. Nick’s eyes met my own as he just stared at me.

“Sam, was the song about Noel?” Nick asked suddenly, getting looks from Kevin and Joe.

A sigh escaped me before I answered.

“Yeah, we broke up a couple of weeks ago,” I admitted.

All of their mouths dropped open at the news.

“What?!” they said in unison.

“The relationship was going nowhere, but in the end, he was the one who cheated on me with his ex-girlfriend slash co-star,” I said in a slightly sad tone.

They stared at me with sympathetic expressions before I shook my head, laughing slightly.

“Don’t feel bad for me. The relationship was no big to me, anyways,” I lied easily, disguising my pain.

Joe decided to speak.

“Get up,” he said in a serious tone.

“Huh?” I asked in confusion.

“Get up, Sam,” he repeated.

Nervously, I stood stepping to the side for him to get out of the booth. He did so, but what surprised me more had to be the fact that he held a hand outstretched to me.

“Come dance with me,” he said in the same tone as before.

I took his hand, allowing him to lead me to the dance floor without objections.
♠ ♠ ♠
Post for the new year!

Happy New Years Eve, everyone!

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.

P.S. I do not own the song that was used in this chapter. That song is So Yesterday by Hilary Duff.