Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Misunderstandings

After the concert came to a close, the boys and I headed to our bus deciding to call it a night. I was exhausted beyond belief even though I’d performed at the TCA’s a few days previously, but then again, I hadn’t been up jumping and singing to every song at a Jonas Brothers concert before.

My heels click-clacked as we walked to the meet and greet part of the venue meeting and greeting fans whom showed up, but even that was cut short seeing as we were exhausted.

As we approached the bus, I kept yawning causing a chain of yawns behind and in front of me. Eventually, I wasn’t even sure if I had the energy to even change into pajamas, but I reluctantly did as did the boys.

We passed out on the couches in the lounge section, but not before Nick got a call from guess who.

He answered it groggily, Miley’s voice clearly audible in the silence that reigned over all of us.

N: Miley, I’m really tired. The concert just ended and-
M: I know that, Nick, but why are you tired? Did you do something other than the concert and sound check today?
N: Yeah, we went out to Wild Adventures.
M: What for?
N: Well, one, we hadn’t been there and two-*yawns* Look, Miles, I’ll call you tomorrow.
M: But-
N: *click*

He hung up as his hand dropped the phone, me collapsing next to him as my eyes closed and I fell into a deep slumber.



The next morning, I awoke to silent laughs and sniggers. I slightly opened my eyes as they adjusted with the sunlight shining directly on me as I stretched a little.

I looked more clearly, my eyes landing on a silly Joe whom was still in his pajamas laughing at me.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

He pointed to me, then next to me and I looked. My head was at the perfect angle as though I had instead moved from Nick’s shoulder to his lap. Nick’s left arm was around the length of my back and down causing me to stand up abruptly.

I stared wide-eyed as I finally noticed the camera Joe had from yesterday in his left hand, a gasp escaping me.

“You didn’t!” I exclaimed in a threatening tone.

“Yes, I did. You guys look so cute together,” he teased sticking his tongue out as he winked.

I glared at him.

“Joe, delete the picture,” I said in a low tone. I was trying to control my anger since Joe was being immature.

“Why? It really is cute-,” he began, but I cut across him.

“No, it’s not! This isn’t funny! Delete it, Joe!” I exclaimed loudly.

“Calm down, Sam. It’s just a photo-,” he began, but I cut across him as he picked up the camera.

“No, it’s not just a photo! If that ever got out, people would think Nick is having an affair with me and I don’t need that attention!” I said heatedly.

“Whoa. How would anyone get a hold of any pictures I have?” Joe asked just as heatedly.

“I don’t know! I’m just done with the rumors, OK?!” I exclaimed before storming to my bunk.

I closed my eyes facing away from everyone as I heaved a sigh. I wasn’t happy right now, but what made it worse had to be Nick’s frantic voice moments after I left the front.

N: What the hell happened?

I was surprised to hear Nick curse. He hadn’t cursed at all since I’d known him. Joe’s voice brought me out of my thoughts.

J: It’s her! I took a picture of you two lookin’ all cute while y’all were asleep and she just freaked out!
N: Calm down. I know she freaked out, but how?
J: *sighs* She found out I took the picture of her laying down in your lap instead of on your shoulder like you guys were last night. Then, we got into it about me deleting the picture and she mentioned about the picture possibly getting out and not wanting anymore drama between you, her, and Miley.
N: *sighs* I know how she feels, actually. She’s one of my best friends and the fans have been bashing her lately.
J: Do you regret being friends with her?
N: No, of course not! She’s a great person. I just wish everyone would back off, you know?
J: Yeah, I hear ya. That’s one of the downsides of being famous.
N: Yeah, but I didn’t expect this, you know?
J: I hear you, bro. I should apologize to her, shouldn’t I?
N: I’m pretty sure she doesn’t want to talk to you right now.
J: Ah. I see. You’re going to ‘calm her down’ aren’t you?
N: *embarrassed* Joe, y-you know it’s not like that.
J: Uh huh, sure. If it isn’t then-
K: Guys, shut up! You know Sam’s not deaf!
J: R-right.

I giggled a little too loudly by accident before I soon heard footsteps approach my bunk. Soon enough, I felt something cold and wet slide down my back causing me to sit up abruptly, hitting my head. I groaned in pain as Joe laughed his butt off. Nick, however, came to my rescue.

“Sam, are you alright?” he asked in a concerned tone. I kept my eyes closed as I rubbed my now sore forehead as I slowly got out of my bunk, Joe still laughing.

A smack filled the air as I saw Kevin smack him upside the head, a groan escaping Joe. I laughed a little, but winced as Nick lightly touched the sore spot a silent sigh escaping him.

He took me by the hand as he spoke.

“Thanks, Joe. Now she has a bump on her head,” he said in an upset tone leading me to the front of the bus.

He pulled out a clean dishcloth before he opened the mini-freezer, pulling out an ice tray before piling ice into the dishcloth. After that, he ran some water on it, leading me to the couch we slept on this time as he knelt in front of me as I sat down on the couch. Instantly after contact, it felt ten times better.

A content sigh escaped me as I closed my eyes, a smile on my lips. When I reopened them, I saw a small smile on Nick’s face as he dabbed here and there lightly on my bump.

“It feels better?” he asked as a small chuckle escaped him.

“Mm-hmm!” I exclaimed enthusiastically.

Suddenly, however, the door to the bus opened and in walked Miley. Her mouth dropped open as she stared at the both of us. It took her a few seconds to recompose herself before she spoke.

“Nicky! What-you and Sam?!” she exclaimed before walking right next to us.

Nick and I stood abruptly before she got too close.

“Miley, it’s not what you think-,” Nick began, but she cut across him.

“Then what is it, Nick, hmm? I come all the way from Tennessee to see you again and you’re in here with her,” she spat sending daggers through her glare-glance at me.

“I was just helping her-,” he began, but she cut across him again.

“Helping her do what, Nick? Please do explain,” she said sarcastically.

“I bumped my head from Joe’s prank and-,” I began, but she cut across me as well.

“I don’t even want to hear anything from you,” she said coldly.

I scoffed before speaking.

“It doesn’t matter if you want to or not. I’m going to explain what happened!” I exclaimed heatedly.

“Excuse me?” she asked taken aback.

“You heard me. I bumped my head from Joe’s prank and Nick was only dabbing ice on my forehead,” I explained not caring about the look she was giving me.

“First of all, what happens to you shouldn’t be any of Nick’s concern. Second of all,-,” she began, but I cut across her.

Excuse me?! I’m Nick’s friend as well as his bus mate. He has the right to care about me if he wants to!” I retorted heatedly getting angrier by the second.

Miley gasped in shock before a scoff escaped her. She opened her mouth to speak, but Nick spoke finally.

“OK, Miley, it’s time for you to go,” he said as he began taking her by the hand to lead her outside of the bus.

“I’m not leaving until that bitch is gone!” she exclaimed.

My mouth dropped open as silence reigned, but my anger took over. I plunged for her first, but was picked up by the waist by Joe.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down, Sam!” he said in a firm tone.

“Touch me, bitch! I would like to see you try-,” Miley began only causing me to try even harder to get at her, but Joe had a firm grip on me.

“Nick, get her out of here!” Kevin exclaimed just as heated now standing in between the four of us.

Nick led a cursing Miley off of the bus while I was livid. Needless to say, it took me quite a while to calm down.

But matters weren’t made any better when my phone rung later that day with Mom flashing on the ID.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the profanity. Come on, guys. Please comment!

The next update will be really soon so please don't forget to comment and subscribe.