Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Beginning of the Second Tour

The next morning arrived and I silently got dressed as each of the guys slept soundly in their bunks.

A silent sigh escaped me as I looked back at them a final time before grabbing my luggage and then met my mom and the guys’ parents on the other bus.

Denise was in a long pink and white robe with her hair down as usual. Mr. Jonas was in a black shirt and pajama pants. I gulped as I approached them.

Mr. J: You sure this is what you want, Sam?

A sigh escaped me as I felt even guiltier.

S: Yes, sir. I’ll be back in two weeks.
D: We’ll miss you, Sam.

She caught me off guard by embracing me in a comforting hug. I hugged back just as much closing my eyes as I thought of Nick. Would he be angry at me leaving so early?

I shook the thoughts away as I spoke.

S: I’ll miss you guys, too. Two weeks won’t be too long, though.
D: *laughs* That’s true, but you know our boys.
S: Of course.

I pulled out of Denise’s hug as my mom stopped glaring at us before speaking.

M: Well, we’d better get going. It was a pleasure being around your family.

Mr. J: And as always it was a pleasure being around you and Samantha.

The two hugged before my mom and Denise hugged, but it was really brief. The car my mom had sat there waiting as the chauffeur climbed out, helping us with our things before we climbed in ourselves.

And just like that, we left with me staring back at the bus.



-Two weeks later-

October 18th, 2007

I arrived back to the tour renewed and with a better attitude than I did since I left. Missouri was hot even though it was the middle of October. Oh well.

I approached the buses which were next to the stadium we were at a sigh escaping me. I ran a hand through my hair as I walked to the bus, opening the bus door knowing everyone was inside of it.

I walked up the few steps, all eyes landing on me. Kevin, Joe, Nick, and Miley were all in there. The boys all yelled my name in unison before running to hug me. After the awesome group hug, a laugh escaped me as they began talking at the same time causing me to get confused.

S: H-Hold on, guys. One at a time. *giggles*
J: No way!
K: You’ve been gone for two weeks! *scolds* You even missed Nick’s birthday!

I frowned from being guilty.

S: Sorry. I was busy. But I still got you something. *smiles*

Nick smiled eagerly back at me as his eyes lit up with interest.

N: Really? What is it?

I walked out of the bus to the car I just came out of, pulling out a brand new guitar in a new guitar case. It was an electric one; green like his favorite color. He and the others including Miley, gaped in awe.

N: *excitedly* Y-you seriously got me a guitar?!

He ran towards me, taking his new baby out of my hands, but not before he hugged me and I mean really hugged me.

S: *nervously* Do you like it?
N: I love it!

Our eyes met and he stared at me as though he had more to say besides that, but he didn’t. He walked towards the stadium, Miley taking his free hand in turn. A sad sigh escaped me as I watched them go. It was heartbreaking to say the least. Kevin and Joe walked up to me following my gaze.

J: They’ve actually made up since you were gone.
S: *lies* That’s good. I’m happy for them.
K: It’s not good. It’s weird.
S: Why do you say that?
J: It’s one of those make ups just to make up things, you know?

I stared back after the couple as they entered the double door entrance shaking my head as I plastered a fake smile on my lips.

S: Oh well. That’s between them, though, isn’t it?
K: S-Sam.
S: I’ll see you guys later.

I walked back onto the bus and into my bunk before I drowned everything out with my music.



-Some hours later-

It was finally time for rehearsal and I had already finished my set, but the boys were up now. Nick was playing the new guitar I’d just got him and was rocking out on it. It made me smile to say the least.

Nick had a smile on his face the entire time and even played smiling at me. I shook my head as I put on my sunglasses sitting in the practically empty audience. Whenever the first day of tour started, it was the guys’ tradition to never let fans see the sound checks. I smiled valuing the privacy we sort of had, but realized the downfall of the emptiness.

Eventually, Miley walked onto the stage while the boys were performing, putting a hand on Nick’s shoulder as they sung We Got the Party. I laughed as Nick tried to hold back the smile that threatened to reform on his lips.

He knew since we all were officially on tour that he had to mask his emotions as much as possible and that wasn’t too hard for Nick except when he was around his family and friends.

Joe beckoned me to come onto the stage, but I shook my head feverishly remembering the numerous times in which Miley’s gotten upset over simple things that held no meaning, but Joe didn’t listen to me. He walked off of the stage to me before practically dragging me onto the stage as I sung back up with Kevin.

I had fun to say the least. Eventually, I even got a mic of my own, walking over to each guy first to Joe as we tried to have a singing contest, but I laughed, moving the mic from its stand to my lips, everyone continuing the song. I then went to Kevin doing air guitar motions before running over to Nick last.

A bright smile covered my lips as we all sung the final line me slapping Nick playfully on the back of the head before running off.

He chased after me catching up quickly since he was taller. Once he reached me in the crowd area in a corner, he threw me over his shoulder causing me to squeal and laugh.

“Nick, put me down!” I got out through my fits of laughter. He only laughed for a few moments before shaking his curly head.

“Nick!” Miley called seconds later.

We both stared at Miley (my view being upside down) and he obliged, placing me down gently. I cleared my throat nervously as he did the same before walking over to his impatient girlfriend.

A deep, silent sigh escaped me as I joined Joe and Kevin. We spent the rest of our time hanging out on the bus Joe and Kevin bombarding me with questions, but thankfully none about Nick or so I thought.

“Sooooo,” Joe began after I answered his question about any new songs.

“Sooooo what?” I mimicked.

“What was up with you and Nicky earlier?” he asked.

Kevin shook his head at his younger brother as he continued reading some book he’d gotten into. Thank goodness Nick wasn’t here. He was on Miley’s bus spending even more time with her.

“W-what do you mean?” I asked as though I were dumb.

“He means we saw the fun you had with him earlier,” Kevin answered not moving the book from his face.

A sigh escaped me before I answered him.

“I don’t know. I hadn’t seen him in a couple of weeks and it was good being around him again so I had to mess with him,” I partially lied.

“Uh-huh,” they said in unison causing me to roll my eyes.

“For the record, Nick looked just as happy as you were,” Kevin concluded as his phone rung. He proceeded to the back of the bus to talk to his new girlfriend Danielle.

A small smile covered my lips before it disappeared. Joe scooted closer to me before speaking.

“Even though you unintentionally missed his birthday, he missed you, too, you know?” he asked.

“N-Nick missed me?” I asked.

“Yeah. You were all he was talking about when Miley wasn’t around,” he answered before turning on the TV.

I walked to my bunk pulling out my phone as I saw I had three missed texts; all of them from Nick.

Sorry about that. Miley is jealous over me picking you up like that.

Is it bad that I don’t want to be here right now?

I’m SO bored. What are you up to?

I smiled before answering all three in one text message.

It’s OK. I didn’t mean to make her jealous. I’m sorry you’re bored. I’m bored, too.

A minute passed before I got his response.

I thought you were ignoring me at first. Did you wanna hang out? I wanna escape from Miley right now.

I laughed before answering him.

I’m not sure if that’d be a good thing. I’m trying to keep the paps OFF of us and Miley happy.

Awww! :( I understand, though… I’ll be there soon. See ya.

See ya.

I sighed before tossing my phone back into my bunk before I rejoined Joe on the couch whom was watching E!

I hoped every day wouldn’t be like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to SameeAllStar because she's the only person who commented since the previous update.

If you want a chapter dedicated to you, then just comment. :)

As always, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.