Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Fly

Night time finally arrived and I was SO pumped! My hair was straight and non-frizzy as Danielle just finished my make-up. I changed into this, running a hand through my hair before staring at myself.

“You look amazing!” she gushed at my hair as it was parted diagonally to the right part of it covering the right side of my face.

I blushed before shaking my head. Just as I did, the door opened revealing the guys. Nick was in an all-blue suit, but wore a yellow dress shirt underneath and his original Converses. Joe was wearing a purple shirt, gold jacket, and black jeans with sneakers. Kevin was of course in brown pants, a brown vest and yellow long sleeve shirt with black dress shoes.

They all gaped at me as I blushed even more.

“Damn!” Joe exclaimed getting stares from Danielle and Kevin while Nick merely stared.

“Is it bad or something?” I asked nervously.

“No!” everyone said in unison.

“You look great,” Nick said in awe.

I nodded once before we proceeded towards the stage. We had small talk the entire way, but it was Nick’s question that caught my interest the most.

“Aren’t you performing your new song tonight?” he asked.

“I’m performing some new songs,” I corrected.

He shot me a look before smiling. Just as before, Kevin and Joe gave me hugs and wished me good luck before leaving Nick and I alone for the first time since the previous concert.

I twiddled my thumbs as the cheering of the crowd filled my ears. One of the crew members came over to set up my microphone and ear buds for me to be able to hit the right notes while on stage.

“Good luck, Sam,” he said nervously.

“Thanks. Listen to the songs, alright?” I asked with a smile. He nodded before speaking.

“About the kiss the last time-,” he began, but I got called by one of the crew members.

They told me I had 30 seconds before I had to perform.

“D-don’t worry about it, Nick! It never happened, right?” I asked in a loud tone as the cheers increased.

“Yeah!” he replied just as loud. I hid my sadness with a smile as I got onto the lift.

“Good luck!” he cried not getting a chance to hug me before I had to go. I nodded to him as I took a deep breath saying a mental prayer before I was enveloped entirely by the cheering of the crowd.

“How’s everyone doing tonight?!” I exclaimed into the mic receiving loud, excited cheers in return.

I opened my mouth and sung So Yesterday as well as No One and Come Clean, but once those songs were over, I took a minute to recompose myself. A bead of sweat was dripping down the left side of my head and I smiled laughing a little.

“You guys wanna hear a new one that’s gonna be on my next album?!” I asked getting extremely loud cheers from the crowd.

“Well, I’ll tell you guys the meaning of this song,” I began, the whistles and screams increasing with each word I spoke.

“A couple of weeks ago, I left the tour with my best friends which I regret, but luckily, it served a purpose other than to recoup. In that time, I was going through a rough patch with fans bashing me and the rumors that spread about Miley and I, but it’s no big. This song came to me and when I sing it, it makes me feel better. I hope it makes you guys feel better, too,” I explained getting even louder cheers than ever.

“It’s called Fly,” I said before the music started. It didn’t take long before I started to sing.

In a moment everything can change,
Feel the wind on your shoulder.
For a minute all the world can wait.
Let go of your yesterday.

Can you hear it calling?
Can you feel it in your soul?
Can you trust this calling
And take control?!


Fly!
Open up the part of you that wants to hide away,
And you can shine!
Forget about the reasons why you can’t tonight,
And start to try
Cause it’s your time, time to fly!


I went down the catwalk touch the hands of fans before standing fully to sing my heart out.

All your worries,
Leave them somewhere else.
Find a dream you can follow,
Reach for something,
When there’s nothing left,
And your world’s feelin’ hollow.

Can you hear it calling?
Can you feel it in your soul?
Can you trust this calling
And take control?!


There were people nodding their heads to the song and trying to sing with me even though they only knew the chorus so far.

Fly!
Open up the part of you that wants to hide away,
And you can shine!
Forget about the reasons why you can’t tonight,
And start to try,
Cause it’s your tiiiime, time to fly!

And when you’re down you feel,
You just wanna run away.
Trust yourself and don’t give up!
You know you better than anyone elllse


I went down the catwalk again before I sung in a low tone, the verse making people cheer and scream as the music decreased in intensity until the final line.

In a moment, everything can change,
Feel the wind on your shoulder.
For a minute,
All the world can waiiit.
Like the cloud thought of yesterday!


I walked to the left side of the catwalk touching the hands of fans as they screamed and even tried holding onto me, but I got out of their grasp, going to the left side of it.

Fly!
Open up the part of you that wants to hide away!
And you can shine!
Forget about the reasons why you can’t tonight,
And start to try,

Start to fly!
Forget about the reasons why you can’t tonight,
And start to try,
It’s your tiiiiime, time to fly!


The music decreased in intensity as I sung in the same low tone as I did for the third verse.

In a moment, everything can change

The crowd went wild as I blew kisses to them. I stood, taking in the cheers and whistles from the crowd.

“Thank you, Missouri!” I exclaimed before running into the back to change clothes, but I ran into Nick.

An “umph” escaped the both of us before I laughed a little.

“Hey,” I said in a happy tone.

“Hey. You were great out there,” he said sheepishly. I waved a hand at him in embarrassment.

“Psh. You guys are gonna be better,” I said modestly. He chuckled before I was dragged away from a couple of the crew members to change into this.

My hair was straight, but the ends were turned under and it was of course, parted to the right. I watched the boys as they performed their songs especially When You Look Me In the Eyes.

I waited for their set to be over before they introduced Miley whom coincidentally walked next to me before walking out onto the stage. I didn’t bother wishing her good luck before I proceeded to a waiting room so my feet didn’t die in the heels.

Eventually the guys joined me minutes later each of them holding a towel or was practically wearing one.

Once again, they gaped at me, but I brushed them off.

“You guys were awesome out there!” I exclaimed.

“Thanks,” they said in unison. I smiled as my attention was turned to Kevin whom spoke.

“So were you. Thanks for squashing that with the crowd with your song,” he added.

“No problem. I was writing more so about my mom and how controlling she is,” I blurted.

They gaped at me in confusion before Joe spoke.

“What do you mean by controlling?” he asked. I closed my eyes regretting I even said anything.

“I’ll tell you guys after the concert’s over. I promise,” I said to them, my eyes landing on Nick.

He looked as though he wanted to say something, but never did. I gulped as they were called away by a crew member before walking out.

I really screwed up this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much to say besides I do not own the song that was used in this chapter. That song is Fly by Hilary Duff.

Can you guys believe she had a baby recently? I'm so happy for her.

Anyways, please don't forget to comment and subscribe. The next update will be very soon so please stay tuned.