Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Awkward Breakfast

How could Nick not tell me about him and Miley doing that? Then again, how does one go about saying things like that?

My feet carried me to elevator and as I went down each floor, my mind raced even further. Nick was never like that to me so there’s no reason to say he would try anything like that, right? I shook the thoughts away when the elevator dinged and the doors opened revealing the Jonas family as well as my mom all in the lobby.

My mom stood farthest away from the brothers while their parents and Frankie stood with my mom. I slowly walked to the guys feeling entirely lost as my eyes met Nick’s. I could see the worry in them and as soon as I got to them, he spoke.

“Are you OK?” he asked before his brothers could.

“Yeah, you look kind of sick. Is everything alright?” Joe asked in the same tone.

Kevin didn’t speak, but stared at me with the same look the other two had.

“I don’t know,” I admitted, that statement alone coming out as though I hadn’t spoken in hours.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Nick asked even more concerned than before.

I licked my lips before I spoke deciding to tell the truth.

“Miley,” I got out just before my mom decided to come over to us.

“We’re going to breakfast, but you and I have to travel separately from the Jonas’,” she said in a firm tone.

“What? Why?” I asked in confusion.

“Well, we can eat together, but we can’t travel together. We have a press conference, Samantha! The last thing any of us need to happen is for the paparazzi seeing you two traveling together and creating stories from just that!” she exclaimed.

My eyes met the guys before they went back to her.

“OK,” I said walking away from them and instead went outside.

The others soon followed and we went into our respective cars, me with my mom while the brothers went in a van while their parents and Frankie went into another car. Once we took off, my car being in the lead while the Jonas’ followed behind, my mom decided to speak.

“Damn it, Samantha! I told you to be more careful! I even gave you my permission to date him yet you screwed it all up by deciding to do everything else with Nick instead of being careful!” she scolded.

“I didn’t do anything! My guess is that Miley must have realized Nick and I were out last night and went to the media because of it!” I exclaimed heatedly.

“Whatever the case may be, you’re not allowed to date Nick until after the tour is over. That should be enough time for things to blow over and for the media to get over you two being together,” she said as I felt the wind knocked out of me by her words.

“That’s a whole month away! The tour with Miley ends less than a week from now while my tour with the guys starts at the end of the month!” I argued.

“If you two are going to see each other before that, then at least be careful,” she got out, but it sounded forced.

I stared at her incredulously not wanting to take advantage of that obvious trap she was setting.

“Two weeks?” I asked almost in a begging tone.

My mom’s eyes shifted as though she was thinking. She even looked forward doing the same before she spoke.

“Since you’re going on tour with them and it would be impossible not to hang out with the boys…I suppose so,” she answered in a serious tone.

A sigh of relief came from me before she spoke again.

“Two week; no more, no less,” she concluded just before we arrived to the breakfast place.

We placed on our sunglasses before stepping out. Of course, there were few people in the place, but we could never be too careful.

Once we reached the booth where the brothers and I sat at least two booths away from the parents and unfortunately Frankie, I finally checked my phone.
It was a text from Kat.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY DATING NICK JONAS?! PLEASE tell me the rumors aren’t true!

I bit my lip before answering her.

Dating, yes and technically no. My mom said we can’t see each other for two weeks since we have a press conference and everything’s chaotic.

I closed my phone just as the guys came over and sat down. Nick had to sit farthest away from me just like how it was during the TCA’s after party. He looked at me with a guilty look before anyone spoke.

“So, what happened?” Joe asked slightly nudging me.

“My mom and I talked and we agreed I can’t see Nick for two weeks,” I answered slowly.

“WHAT?!” Kevin exclaimed loudly, but he apologized after getting a scolding look from his parents as well as the rest of us before continuing, “That’s ridiculous!”

“Why can’t you see me for two weeks?” Nick asked in confusion.

“My mom doesn’t want any more trouble with the media and since we’ll all be going on tour together, she wants us to learn to be careful at least,” I explained.

Nick rolled his eyes while Joe spoke.

“That’s not fair to either of you, but I understand where she’s coming from,” he admitted getting an agreeing nod from Kevin.

“So do I, but that’s still wrong. You guys only went on one date and for at least the rest of the tour you can’t be together? It’s still messed up,” Kevin said slightly ticked off.

I nodded my head in agreement just before Nick spoke.

“OK. I guess I’ll accept it. Why were you upset earlier?” he asked staring directly at me.

Kevin and Joe looked at me just as Nick did. A sigh escaped me before I answered.

“Miley told me something that I didn’t know and I still don’t know what to think of it,” I began, “she told me about how she already dislikes me and if you and I start dating that she’d make my life a living hell. She even vowed to do it.”

Joe opened his mouth to speak, but Kevin held a hand up to stop him and I continued.

“She also told me about,” I lowered my voice before continuing, “how you and she had sex.”

Nick stared at me in shock as Kevin’s mouth dropped slightly while Joe bit the inside of his lower lip.

“Wh-how-what did you think?” Nick asked his eyes shifting slightly, but I knew he was thinking about the situation.

“Honestly, I felt like the wind was knocked out of me,” I admitted staring at each brother for a second before staring at the table.

Silence reigned and even when the waiter came to our table about a minute later, no one spoke. He handed us each a menu and asked what we’d like to drink, but Kevin told him we were still deciding.

He walked away while we just sat there still thinking about what was said.

“Well, I don’t know what to say honestly,” Nick admitted making me feel even more uneasy.

“It’s OK. I didn’t think you guys ever went that far, but I guess you did,” I replied regretting the words right after I said them.

Nick bit his lip while Kevin let out a sharp breath.

“Joe, let’s check out the view over there,” Kevin said suddenly pointing to the other side of the room.

Surprisingly Joe didn’t say anything, but nodded in agreement before he and Kevin walked to the other side of the room leaving Nick and I alone.

Silence fell between us again before Nick spoke.

“Look, I was in love with Miley at the time and we were both ready, but we didn’t even fully know what we were doing-,” he began, but I cut across him.

“It’s OK-really, it is. I was just caught off guard by the news,” I admitted.

“You know I would never take advantage of you like that right?” he asked in a serious tone.

I nodded before speaking again, licking my lips nervously.

“I know. Things are just sort of awkward now because of it, you know?” I asked.

“I think that was Miley’s goal. If she wasn’t going to have her way, she was going to try to force it to be so.. Do you even still want to give us a shot?” he asked nervously catching me off guard.

My eyes shifted as I thought the matter over.

“I won’t mind,” I answered honestly just as a smile appeared on his face at my words.

A sigh of relief came from him and although he wasn’t supposed to, Nick lifted my hands up to his lips and kissed them softly as he also held them in his own.

“Thank you, Samantha. Thank you,” he said in a grateful tone.

I smiled just as the waiter walked over and I moved my hands from Nick’s face feeling the tingle from his kiss linger there just as Kevin and Joe returned.

“Are you ready to order now?” the waiter asked.

I quickly skimmed the menu as the guys did the same as that morning was the beginning of a beautiful breakfast until the conference of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D No comment seeing as I just saw Red Dawn and I LOVED it besides the death that occurred as well as some other things that happened very close to the end.

Anywho, please don't forget to comment, recommend, and subscribe.