Reflection

Voices

*Jace’s POV*

I woke to the sound of Cody snoring loudly in my ear. I shoved his sleeping body over so that I could regain hearing in my ear and got up. There was a dull ache in my head thanks to my wonderful sister and her found bottle of vodka we’d gotten drunk as fuck.

Sighing I knew that my siblings and cousin would be waking up soon with similar issues so since I was the first up I decided it would be best to make some coffee. Shuffling to the kitchen I found the coffee and started a pot. The pot had just stared filling up when I heard the front door open.

“You know you should really lock your doors.”

I looked up from the pot to see my sister’s best friend Abigale walk into the kitchen. She wore a tight red t-shirt and black skinny jeans with knee high hightops. Her redish brown hair was pulled up in a high ponytail and her glasses were perched on the end of her nose.

Instantly my stomach tightened and my heart started pounding. I’d had a crush on Abi since forever and being around her made me a little nervous. I had to swallow the lump in my throat before I could reply.

“That was Jakob’s job.”

She rolled her eyes, “Of course you’d give it to the one guy who has the memory of a goldfish. Anyhow I know how trashed you four are so I brought foodies.” she said and sat a large bag on the counter.

“Holy shit Abi…how much food do you think we need?” Darcy asked padding her way into the kitchen her blonde and black hair all over the place.

“Well I wasn’t sure what you guys would want. So we have seven McGriddles with sides of hash browns, muffins or doughnuts.” she replied and boosted herself up onto the kitchen counter.

“Seven?” I asked.

“Yeah. I figure Link will be here any time now.” she said and like magic the doorbell rang.

“If that’s Link remind me to ask you the lotto numbers when I turn 18.” Darcy said and headed to get the door.

She returned a few moments later alone.

“Who was it?” I asked.

“Who else? Link.” she replied.

“Where is he then?” Abi asked.

“Waking up Jakob.” Darcy winked.

“With Sparrow in the room?” Abi asked rasing her eyebrows.

“Yep…I give her five…four…three…two…”

“OH MY GOD! I’M RIGHT FUCKING HERE!!! GOD YOU TWO ARE FUCKING ANIMALS!!!” Sparrow’s scream echoed through the house.

A few moments later she came stumbling into the kitchen looking harassed.

“They were practically fucking right next to me! The last thing I wanna wake up to is my brother and his boyfriend with boners!” she said shuddering.

“Well it woke your lazy ass up at least. I’ve been here for like fifteen minutes…some best friend you are.” Abi smirked.

“Fuck you whore.” Sparrow smirked and flipped off Abi.

“Only for you darling. Now you want something to eat or is all this food going to go to shit?” Abby asked.

“Food? Yum…gimme.” she replied and grabbed the bag, searching through it before pulling out a lemon filled doughnut.

Ten minuets later Jakob and Link walked in to the kitchen.

“Sorry Sparrow…I forgot that you were there.” Jakob smirked as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

“Right and I’m the Grand Poobah Of The West Coast.” Sparrow said shooting him a look full of venom.

“Damn…you don’t have to give him the medusa stare Row. It was my fault.” Link said.

We all sat around eating for awhile before deciding that it would be best to just sit around and watch movies. Abi and Link asked to borrow pajama and since Link was closer to my size than Jakob’s I headed up to get him a pair of mine. I grabbed a pair of green plaid ones and a white and green tank top for him and headed back downstairs just as Abi walked out of Sparrow’s where she‘d been changing into a spare pair pajamas she kept here.

She wore a pair of pink paisley pajama pants, pink bear claw slippers and a tight white cami with...oh my god... absolutely nothing under it. I was so engrossed in looking at her that I didn’t notice the rug was pushed up and I tripped, falling right on top of her.

“Ow! Sorry!” I apologized as I pushed myself up so I wasn’t crushing her.

“It’s okay.” she laughed.

I wanted to get up, to move off of her but I couldn’t. All I could do was stare into her hazel eyes which were looking straight back into mine. Finally though she smiled.

“Uh…Jace? Can you get off of me?” she giggled.

“Oh…uh sure…sorry.” I said and quickly stumbled up from the floor.

“Thanks.” she smiled and headed downstairs.

I followed and handed Link his pajamas before offering to go make a bowl of popcorn to go with the vast amounts of treats Abi had brought. Ducking into the kitchen I shoved a bag into the microwave and hit the ‘Popcorn’ button. All I could think about was what had happened upstairs.

“Jesus how fucking stupid am I? Abi would never like me like that.”

“C’mon Jace I wouldn’t say that. I mean you’re pretty good looking despite being in Zacky’s lineage.”

I stopped. That voice…it wasn’t mine.

“What the fuck? Who’s there?”

“Uh…SHIT! This is just your conscience! This is most definitely NOT Jimmy!”

I felt panic rise in my chest. I was hearing voices. And the worst part? The voice, despite what it said, sounded like it was Uncle Jimmy. I’d heard his voice millions of times in old home movies and things like that. I was just about to ask again when there was a noise from behind me.

“Jesus Jace are you going to actually bring the popcorn out or are you just going to let it sit in the microwave?” Jakob said walking into the kitchen.

“Sorry…I was…distracted.” I replied.

“Well get undistracted and grab that popcorn. Link and Sparrow picked ‘Silent Hill’ and I’m not missing the start.” he said.

I nodded and grabbed the bag, heading to the living room. I prodded at my mind again for a moment to see if I could hear the voice again but it was no use it was gone. So I chalked it up to being a side effect from lack of sleep and the few remaining traces of vodka that might linger in my system before sitting down to watch the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long! I've been making arrangements the past few days so in 2 weeks i can go see...AVENGED SEVENFOLD!!!!! Along with Asking Alexandria (I LOVE Danny Worsnop), Black Veil Brides (Gotta love them) and Hollywood Undead (seen them before but excited to them again!) I'm most excited for A7X tho!!!! I've never seen them before! They've come to my area like 5 different times and I have missed them every single time! Once they even came to the mall by my house and no one there thought to call me and tell me! I could've met Jimmy! Ug. Okay my little rant is over!

I'd like to say thank you to:
Miss_Syn
KristiinaKranz
jerseyxemoxgirl
VioletTwist
who have all commented! Your comments mean so much! Without you guys I wouldn't have the motivation to write!!!

Okay and now I'm going to plug a couple of stories! If you guys could look into them...maybe read them and comment and subscribe if you like?

This one and it's sequel are two that my friend OMFGitsBeckiie and I are working on together.
We Come Out At Night & Crossroads

This one is based of Fast & The Furious:
Heist

And this is the only one that doesn't have anything at all to do with Avenged Sevenfold...it involves Vampires:
Vampire Heart

Anyhow thank you for reading all of this and to everyone who reads this and my other stories! I will update as soon as is possible!!!