You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

Your plans are sad and not enough

Ok I understood why Josh was scared to get hurt again, so was I. Would I have done the same thing to him though? Put a wall up and not let him in?

Answer is probably yes at first. I over-reacted, which Lauren said was understandable, but I felt bad. I knew Josh and the guys were busy today doing press stuff and they had a show to do tonight.

"Loser pack and overnight bag we're going on a roadtrip!" I yelled from my room so Lauren could hear.

"Who you calling a loser?" She burst in my room pretending to be mad.

" Erm the other person that lives with us. Haven't you met her yet?"

"Someone else lives with us?" Her eyes went wide. The laughter took over my body.

"No idiot. I meant you. We're going away for the night."

"THIS IS EXCITING! Where are we going?"

"A little place called Bournemouth."

"Really? Max is there tonight." She smiled slightly when she said his name

"I know sweetcheeks, that's why we're going."

"I'LL GO GET READY. I FEEL LIKE A SPY."

"Why?"

"Just because they somtimes get told to just pack a bag and go somewhere like I am."

"Ok if you say so." With that she ran off to her room.

Within a couple of hours we were packed and ready to go. This being spontaneous was quite exciting. I wanted to make things right with Josh even if it was just to be friends. I missed talking to him.

Lauren thought it was so romantic and now felt like someone in a romcom film instead of a spy. Like when they're about to go on a plane and the one they love chases after it and always stops them leaving. Except Josh wasn't leaving and we weren't in love with one another. Well YET!

That got me thinking did I love him? Surely I didn't know him enough to love him right?

I did miss him, when he called or skyped me I couldn't keep the smile from my face. Even when he was mentioned I couldn't help the feeling I would get in my tummy. Was this love? Did he love me?

"What you thinking about?" Lauren shouted over the music in my car.

"Nothing."

"You're thinking about Josh aint you?"

"Maybe" a small smile I tried to hide made its way to my lips.

"I forgive him, and give him the best friend seal of approval."

"Erm thanks."

"Just thought I'd let you know." She attempted to give me a hug but since I was driving it was hard.

"Same goes for Max, just thought I'd let you know." She blushed a little.

"Don't know what your talking about" she turned away to face out the window.

"Sure you don't" I mumbled.

Soon enough we were there outside the venue with a very excitable Lauren almost running to the door but being stopped by security from going any further. While she was having an argument about how she knew the band I decided to call Dan.

"Steph?" I hated how Josh got all his friends to call me that.

"Daniel. I was wondering if you could help me?"

"Alright." I could imagine him shrugging.

" Ok I'm sorta outside the venue you guys are playing at tonight, it was a surprise so no one else can know we're here ok?" He kindly agreed." Anyways I need to get inside. Can you help?"

"Sure give me an minute and I'll come down. Oh and who's we?"

"Me and lauren who did you think we was?"

"Don't matter. See you soon love."

As soon and Dan told security he knew us Lauren stuck her tongue out at him as to say I told you so.

"He'll be well chuffed your here."

"Good that's the plan."

"He's in there all alone." Dan wiggled his eyebrows in my direction.

"Stop it!" I lightly pushed him and he accidentally fell into a wall.

"Come on you, let's go find Maxy." He pulled Lauren in the opposite direction leaving me there alone.

I took a deep breath and fixed myself quickly using a window and when I was satisfied I looked alright I knocked on the door. When there was no answer I quietly opened the door and saw a peacefully napping Josh on a couch. I kneeled down beside him and ran my hand through his hair.

"Wake up sleepyhead" I whispered.

His eyes fluttered open and looked at me confused. "Steph?" I nodded and he moved over on the couch " lay with me yeah?"

"Yeah." When I looked at him he had one of his signature smiles.

"I'm glad your here I missed you."

"I missed you too Josh, no go back to sleep ok?" He soon enough was letting out tiny snores letting me know he was back in the land of nod.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another update. A big thanks to :
saveredheads for the comment, glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks for reading everyone. KEEP COMMENTING! xx