You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

It takes one, it takes one, it takes one, takes one to know one

The only bad point about your boyfriend being in a band was hardly getting to see and talk to him. It was hard when i had a bad day not being able to go to him for a cuddle or a chat. Yeah we text and talked when we could but i still missed him especially since i hadn't seen him in nearly 2 months.

Now it was summer Lauren and I stayed a week at her home and then a one at mine before separating and doing our own thing for a few weeks. I decided to stay at home and spend time with my family.

"So i hear you've changed your name?" My uncle Tommy, who was visiting for the weekend, asked.

"No who told you that?" I smiled, knowing exactly who it was.

"Oh i don't know might have something to do with your boyfriend."

"shhhhhh." I pulled him into my room. "My mum doesn't know yet."

"Why not you embarrassed?" I shook my head.

"Just taking it slow. I will tell her just before i leave so if she doesn't like it i will be gone for months and won't have to deal with it." He laughed. " Sensible right?"

"Yup. I'm proud you came up with it all on your own. He gets my blessing and i've already told him not to hurt you or i'll kill him."

"Thanks Tommy." I gave him a hug.

"So while i'm here why does Josh and the boys call you Steph?"

"He said when we first met that he liked the name and liked me so now him and everyone else calls me it."

"Well that's a good enough reason."He stood up from my bed" I'll see you later kiddo, i'm off out to get dinner."

"Buy me chocolate please." I yelled after him.

I decided to check twitter as i had nothing else to do with my time and a smile appeared as soon as i saw his name.

@joshmeatsix: All about this vibe.

This went along with a picture of belvita breakfast biscuits. They were yummy so I replied to it.

@ailema: Those are yummy@joshmeatsix. I want one!

I put my phone down and within a couple of minutes it beeped making me look.

@joshmeatsix: @ailema nope they're all mine :p

@ailema: @joshmeatsix well i'm getting chocolate and you're not getting any. So there! Btw thanks for telling my uncle to call me Steph. Bad vibes!

@joshmeatsix: @ailema just admit you love the name and everyone would be happy!

@ailema: @joshmeatsix NEVER!!!!!!

I made the most of these little bits of contact with him. I wanted to go on holiday with him, the boys and Lauren somewhere like people from uni were doing with their boyfriends and friends. Since my family weren't using the cottage this year i thought about inviting Lauren there and then the boys could come for a bit. It was strange not having Lauren around every day.

After she agreed and we were both packed we made our way to the cottage. We were both driving since we didn't live near each other. Once i got there i noticed her car was there and heard her music as soon as i got out of my car. As usual is was a band we had gotten to know well.

STAY WITH MEEEEE!" She sang along to the music so i decided to sneak up on her and then jump in front of her front widow.

"Never gets old." I laughed after she hit her head off of the roof after seeing me.

"If i had any other friends i would have ditched you by now."

"You do have friends, you just love me more." I smiled and opened the door.

"Yeah that's the reason." She replied sarcastically. "So are my favourite musicians coming?" Her voice and eyes hopeful.

"I don't know. Josh never replied." I sighed. "Must have been busy."

"Well in that case where is the alcohol?" She rummaged through the cupboards before finding some vodka and lemonade. "This'll do."

After a few of drinks with more vodka than lemonade in it we were dancing and singing along to music in the living room. Lauren picked the music and to start surprisingly it wasn't You Me At Six but Good Charlotte

'Cause I don't ever wanna
I don't ever wanna be, you
Don't wanna be just like you
What I'm saying is, this is the anthem
Throw all your hands up


It reminded me of when i met Lauren and she was singing and dancing along to her music we danced for a few more songs before collapsing onto the couch. Lauren pulled out her phone and after a few minutes nudged my side. She was on twitter and pointed to a tweet that made me smile bigger than i had in a while.

@joshmeatsix: Off to a cottage in the middle of nowhere for a bit to visit a VERY special lady. She knows who she is :D. GOOD VIBES!!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been ages since i last updated this. I'm trying to update all my stories. I have another chapter for this that i will try and post tomorrow.

Thanks to:
SleeplessLetter's

For your comment on this story.

Thanks for reading. Comment please. xx