You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

You're never gonna get it, no, you're never gonna, you're never gonna get it

As as I saw him enter the door behind the others I began to run towards him. When i reached him after jumping over suitcases and the side of a chair like an Olympic hurdler I jumped straight into his arms. He stumbled a little but didn't fall over luckily.

"Alright love, no need to pounce on me. I know I am sexy thought. He shrugged.

"I was just excited to see you." I stood back to look at him. "Meh honestly you're not as sexy as i remember."

"Liar!" He pointed to me. " I'm just joking, I'm so glad to see you!" He pulled me close to him.

"I missed you like mad" He kissed my head and he rubbed my back

"Missed you too love"

Just knowing Josh was here for the full holidays made me excited. Now he was actually here I couldn't wait to spend time with him, just the two of us. Now all we had to do was think of a way to get rid of the rest of them for a few hours. I looked up at Josh to see him with a smirk as if he was thinking the same as me.

"Oi lovebirds, mind detaching yourselves from one another. You haven't even said hello Amelia. I feel unloved." Matt pouted.

"Aww Matty you know I love you, more than Josh but shhhhhh!" I put my finger up to my lips.

"HEARD THAT" Josh yelled while giving Lauren a hug.

After we all said hello to one another and the boys put all their things into their room they wanted to talk about the 'agenda' for the night. Max, Matt and Dan wanted to party, Chris didn't mind and Josh was 'too tired' to go.

"Josh you're such an old man mate. You're young, come out and have a great night." Max used his powerful persuasion techniques to try get Josh to join them.

“Nah man I’m going to stay in with the girl tonight, there’s always tomorrow night.” He wrapped his arm around me.

“Well alright then, be boring. Let’s go men, and lady.” Max grabbed Lauren’s hand before heading out with the others.

“Bye, have a good night. Don’t make too much noise when you get home.”

“We won’t mum.” Dan teased me.

No one was expecting Josh and I to just fall asleep on the couch that night, after months of not seeing each other but that’s what happened. We watched The Hangover and ate all the leftover sweets I had from the journey here. My head was rested on Josh’s legs for most of the movie before we moved and both lay on it, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. Not for some romantic reason like not wanting to let me go but if he didn’t I would fall off of the couch. I don’t even remember seeing the end of the movie because my eyes became too heavy to keep open and I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning I got woken up by the screeching of the fire alarm. As I jumped up from my space on the couch I saw Lauren with flour all over her hair and face trying stop a frying pan from smoking.

“You alright?” She didn’t hear me walk towards her so slightly jumped when she heard my voice.

“Shit Amelia, you scared me. Yeah I’m fine just tried to make pancakes but it didn’t work out.” She showed me the pan with a very burnt what used to be a pancake.

“Need a hand?” She shook her head. “Ok well I’m going out for a run. See you later.”

I grabbed my iPod, phone and some water before heading down the same route I always took at the cottage. It was strange to think that this time last year I had only just met Josh and now he was mine. Once I reached the nice sunny spot that overlooked the lake and sat down. I decided to take out my phone and take a picture of the lake since it looked so pretty, well to me anyway. Since I had my phone out I tweeted my picture.

This picture doesn’t do it justice. Love this lake!

I decided then and there that I wanted to live somewhere like the cottage once I was old and grey. It would be quiet, peaceful and would always be beautiful. I could take up painting and paint beautiful pictures of the lake and cottage.

“I thought you would be here.” Josh sat behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

“You thought right, clever boy.” I mocked.

“Well you love me for my brains too right? Not just my good looks.”

“If you don’t stop talking about you being so good looking people might think you are so up yourself.” I laughed.

“Can you believe it was a year ago we started talking right here?” He took my hands in his.

“I know and as corny as this is going to sound, I feel like I’ve known you forever.” I pulled his arms tighter around me so I could smell his scent.

"I feel the same love."

We sat there for hours before my phone buzzed and when I looked I saw the little blue bird from twitter telling me I had a mention.

@joshmeatsix: Hanging with the girl next to a smelly lake, oh wait that's just @ailema :p

I turned round to notice the smug look on his face.

"I do not smell!" I picked up a leaf and threw it at him before replying to his tweet.

@joshmeatsix You're the one that smells, I was talking to a nice little bird before you got here. One wiff of you and she ran! :p

Within minutes he had replied

@ailema whatever, we both know the truth is you smell but I still like you even if your animal friend doesn't :D.

"Let's get back love, Dan just text me to tell me Lauren has almost caused another fire attempting pancakes again." He stood up before helping me up.

"Yeah Matt text me saying the same, she woke me this morning with the fire alarm." He laughed.

"I heard that, just couldn't be bothered moving."

"Lazy sod."

"But you love me!" He hugged me as we tired to keep walking.

"You're lucky I do." I lightly shoved him off of me and ran back to the cottage, looking forward to the rest of the holiday with my friends and my man.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i just realised that I hadn't updated this for a month. Sorry! This update is from my phone so sorry for any mistakes.

Thanks to:
eminems_stan93
ImAWalkingDisaster
saveredheads
For your comments

Thanks for reading and I will try and update quicker although it probably won't happen. Comment please. xx