You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

You're gonna spend your life on the outside

The rest of the week flew by and before I knew it, it was Friday. Train tickets were booked, bag was packed and I had left plenty of time to get ready so I looked extra good when I saw Josh. Lauren being the ultra-prepared one she is had made a snack bag for the journey knowing that both of us eat a lot.

"What type of crisps do you want?" Lauren yelled from the kitchen.

"Surprise me!" I yelled back while applying the last bit of eyeliner.

"Ok I put one of each in so you can pick. You ready?" She peaked her head around the door.

"Thanks love. Yeah. Do I look ok?" I took a little spin on the spot but stopped after feeling a little dizzy.

"You look gorgeous. Josh is one lucky man." She winked.

" He knows that. So is Max! Your legs look amazing in those shorts."

"Thank you." She sang as she went to get her bags from her room.

After the 20 minute drive we were at the station waiting on the train.

"Haven't you to text Josh?"

"I totally forgot, you seem surprisingly calm today." My eyes examined Lauren for any hint of the usual crazy self.

"I'm always calm." We both laughed. " I dunno just thought I would try something new."

"I don't like it! I miss my crazy best friend." I hugged her dramatically. "Bring her back to me."

"I miss her too, being calm is boring." She hugged back.

TO JOSH<3
That's us on the train. See you around 4.30. Xxxx

FROM JOSH<3
Woooo. See you soooon babe. Xxxx


The train journey took what felt like forever and there is only so much you can read, eat, chat and play snap. Every so often Lauren would say something really loud and earn strange looks from other passengers.

We took some pictures since we always did. Some silly and some normal, even some of the scenery. It made me wish I could draw or paint so I could do it in my spare time.

I must have fallen asleep because I don't remember a good hour of the journey because one minute we had like 4 stops before ours and the next we were here.

"I'll get your bag go get lover boy." Lauren smiled.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I gave her a quick hug and ran towards the nearest exit.

There he was standing there facing the wrong direction, hands in pockets and same grey beanie he had on last time I saw him. I ran up behind him and jumped onto his back but he didn't catch me like I thought he would and I landed on the hard concrete.

"Ouch" a small high pitched voice escaped my lips.

"Sorry babe you ok?" He laughed slightly.

"Don't laugh at me you arse. You were supposed to catch me." I stood up, cleaned down my legs and playfully hit his chest. "Now we're even."

" You look amazing." His eyes travelled from my head all the way down to my feet and then back up.

"You don't look too bad yourself Mr." I pulled on the collar of his shirt and brought him close to me.

"Right you two lovebirds fancy giving me a hand and putting each other down.” Lauren yelled as she tripped slightly off of the train carrying the bags.

For people looking it looked as if we were staying for a week when really it was only 2 days. Josh being the gentleman he is took the cases from her so she was no longer struggling and could run off to the toilet. She had a thing about peeing on public transport, can’t blame her I was the same. We continued to walk and walked out to a car parked, not the best way I had ever seen but parked all the same. As he was putting the stuff in the boot my phone vibrated.

FROM JOSH<3
Max is in the car. Do you think it’ll be a nice surprise for L? xxxx


I looked in and winked to Max who was doubled over trying to hide and he smiled in return.

TO JOSH <3
Well we shall see because here she comes. Xxxx


So after a few ear piercing screams and tight cuddles Max was released from Laurens grasp and allowed to breathe again. Josh started the car and we were off for dinner before the gig.

“I thought we could take the car back to mine before going to the pub with the rest of them. That ok?” Josh took a quick glance over at me.
“I’m good with anything. I’m on holiday.” I winked.

“That means you could have a holiday romance?” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“Yeah i guess. I have this guy in mind.”

“Oh yeah what’s he like then Steph?” Max piped in from the back. Both he and Lauren were quiet which made me question what they were up too.

FROM LAUREN :D
I dare you to say DAN! Hehe x


“Well Maxwell he is Strong, has tattoos, lovely eyes and smile.” I noticed Josh smirk so decided to drop the D bomb. “Yeah he plays drums in your band. Think Dan would be up for it?” His smirk was instantly removed from his face and replace with a frown.

“You’d need to ask him.” Max ruffled Josh’s hair from behind.

The rest of the day was filled with stupid chatter, laughs before we dropped Max and Lauren off at the venue. It was in a large pub so everyone was meeting there for pre-show drinks meanwhile Josh and I went to his.

A few hours, redone hair and make-up and new outfit later we rejoined the rest of them. Elissa was standing chatting to everyone sitting in a booth towards the side of the stage. She saw us and ran over.

“AMELIA YOU’RE HERE!” She pulled me into a big bear hug.

“Hey Liss. You ready for tonight.?” She shrugged.

“I’m nervous as hell but fingers crossed it will be fine.”

“You will be. You’re amazing! Now where’s the bar?” She pulled me towards the bar and we could the faint “Hey sis, nice seeing you too.” from Josh as we walked away.

As soon as Elissa started singing it was if i was in a little trance. Her voice always made me drift off into my own little world so much that I didn’t even notice Josh leaving my side and going up on stage and the beginning of Salt start to play. He stared at me the whole time he was up there, making me feel like the only person in the room.

“Mamma and Papa Franceschi must have some amazing genes to produce you two.” I gave them each a hug and bought them a hug

After hours more chatting and having fun with all my friends the pub shut so we had to go home. I wasn’t complaining as it has been a long day. While getting changed for bed i noticed a picture of Josh with Elissa as a child. He was adorable and like I do a lot now since meeting Josh i shared it with the world.

Hey twitter world thought i’d show you what i found today. @joshmeatsix you were such a cute child what happened? ;)

@joshmeatsix: @ailema I’m still adorable as hell and you know it!


“You’re right you are still pretty adorable Franceschi.” His lips pressed against mine.

“I know, now let’s get some sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow and you’re meeting the folks so be prepared.” He pulled me close.

“Can’t wait.” I yawned louder than i expected. “Yeah lets go to sleep. Love you.” I gave him a final kiss before snuggling into his chest.

“Love you too babe.” He whispered back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update because i'm enjoying writing this right now, hope you are enjoying reading it.

Thanks to saveredheads for your comment and to CynthiaElzanne for your comment and recommendation. It means a lot.

Thanks for reading. Keep commenting. xx