You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

I'll laugh in my spare time

Going to sleep in someone’s arms is bliss but then waking up in an empty bed makes me panic. I glanced over to Josh’s clock and it was only 9.30am. He is never usually up before 10 unless he must be. His phone was missing as well. Where was he?

After deciding that going back to sleep wasn’t an option I went downstairs for something to eat. I always get hungry in the morning and have no idea why. After having some toast and coffee to wake me up a little I went for a shower however, Josh still wasn’t home. Since I remembered I was meeting Mum and Dad Franceschi, it was better to wash my hair and let it dry naturally so it was sort of wavy. I felt butterflies in my stomach begin to flutter around.

“Aw man did i miss seeing you naked in the shower?” Josh pretended to frown in the doorway as i brushed my hair.

“Yup sorry Franceschi. Where were you? When i woke up you were gone?” I pouted.

“Went for a run. Couldn’t sleep from your snoring.” He laughed.

“Shut up. Least i don’t take up the full bed and take all the covers, like someone.” I smiled.

“You hungry?” I shook my head. “How come? You’re always hungry in the morning. You nervous about meeting the folks?” I nodded again. He moved forward, put both arms around me and placed little kisses on my shoulder. “Don’t be. I love you, the guys love you and even Elissa loves you. That’s an achievement for all of them to love you, believe me.”

I turned round in his arms to face him. “I hope so. I don’t usually get nervous but meeting parents is a big deal.” He laughed. “It’s not funny; you met mine before we were even friends.”

“True but they will love you babe.” He gave me one last kiss before leaving the bathroom.

“Oh it’s not because I’m nervous I didn’t eat it’s because I already ate. You have no bread left. Or milk.”

“I’ll go shopping at some point.” He laughed.

“So what time are we leaving at?” I peeked my head round the door to see him in only his boxer shorts, throwing his dirty clothes in the wash basket.“You’re not going like that are you?”

“About an hour ok? Why don’t you think my parents would be proud of me embracing my body?” We laughed.

“Somehow I don’t think the rest of Weybridge would though love. But you can stay like that a little longer if you like. I don’t mind the view.” I winked.

I had picked out a peachy coloured dress and matching flat shoes. Thankful now to Lauren who had forced me to bring it with me as an extra outfit.. I had managed to find a grey/lilac blazer to go along with it and after getting dressed and applying my make-up i was happy with how i looked. I grabbed my bad, put on my shoes and went downstairs to get Josh. He was ready about a half hour before me and went downstairs to watch Soccer AM I think.

“Wow. You look great.” He stood up to get his coat.

“You don’t look too bad yourself.”

“Shall we?” I nodded. “After you.” He locked the door behind me.

On the way to his parent’s house I spent most of the time just looking out of the window, taking in where my boyfriend grew up. There was a local pub where i imagined all 5 of the boys and the rest of their friends being thrown out because they were to drunk at 18 and a big park where the probably played football. It was nice seeing it all.

“Here we are.” He ran round to open my door for me. “Madam.” I glanced up to see two people sneakily looking out of the window.

“Stop acting all gentlemanly because your folks are watching.” I teased.

Once we reached the top of the driveway one of the people from the window were now standing in the doorway and embracing Josh. I stood back beginning to feel a little awkward until Josh broke away and motioned to me.

“Mum, this is Steph. Steph this is my mum.” He winked and me causing me to shake my head.

“It’s lovely to meet you and my real is Amelia but your son thinks it’s hilarious to call me Steph.” She pulled me into a hug just like her son does.

“It’s lovely to meet you too dear. Come in.”

“Dad I want you to meet Steph.” His mum slapped the back of his head lightly and smiled in my direction. “Ok this is Amelia but I call her Steph. This is my old man.”

“Less of the old you.” He laughed. “You’re sister will be here later on for lunch but for now lets have a drink. Tea?” He looked in my direction.

“Would be lovely thanks Dad, she’ll have one too right babe. She doesn’t need sugar because she’s sweet enough. At least I think that’s the saying.” His dad shook his head at Josh’s remark.

“Such a charmer my boy.” He muttered.

As Josh settled down on the couch to talk over stuff from his clothing line I found my way to the kitchen to help his mum. Along the hallway was pictures of Josh and Elissa as children, on family holidays and from gigs they have each done. It was like his own wall of memories.

“Need any help?” His mum slightly jumped.

“I didn’t hear you there. Yes that would be great.”

“Your house is lovely. I especially love the pictures of Elissa and Josh on the walls.” She laughed.

“He used to hate them when he was a teenager. Said it was embarrassing.”

“Aren’t parents supposed to embarrass their kids? I know mine do.” My laughter joined hers.

“That is true, we are. I think we will get along just fine us two.” She wrapped one arm around my shoulder and gave my arm a small squeeze before walking off towards the living room. Me just behind her.

His parents made me feel like i had known them for years within a few hours. They joined in when I teased Josh or when he teased me, shared embarrassing stories and when they did his mum would give me a smile. We stayed for the full day and when Elissa turned up it was even better since she forced them to bring out baby videos and everything, Josh’s face remained red for most of the afternoon and my stomach hurt from laughing. It was lovely to see how close his family was and even though he spent a lot of time away from home he always made time for them. Whether it be taking his mum for lunch or joining his dad at an arsenal game. Seeing them together made me miss my home, especially my mum and dad.

“You got a keeper there young one. Don’t let her go.” His dad whispered a little loudly to Josh as we were leaving. “It was lovely meeting you Amelia.”

“You too.” I gave him a hug before moving on to his mum. “Thanks for having me.”

“Anytime love. “ She pulled me in closer to her and whispered. “Josh really does love you. I’ve never seen him so happy and he constantly talks about you. Thank you for making my son happy Amelia.”

“It’s no bother, he makes me happy too. And as for the love, the feelings mutual” I whispered back.

Once in the car Josh took hold of my hand as he sang along to the radio.

“See i told you they would love you.” He placed a gentle kiss on my hand.

“Yes, yes you were right. They are great. I can see where you get your personality from, you’re a mixture of both of them so is Elissa” I let go of his hand and ran my fingers through his hair.

“If i can end up as happy as they are I’ll be one lucky boy. I mean yeah they have their problems but their happy y’know?” I leant across and kissed his cheek.

“Well if i have anything to do with it you will be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Only a few chapters until they go on tour I think. Oh and if you were wondering what she's wearing her dress is the one on the end of this picture

Again thanks to saverdheads for your comments. Love getting them :)

Thanks for reading. Keep commenting please. xx