You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

Your plans are sad and not enough.

Another week passed in the tour and everything was going good. I was still texting, even if some of the texts turned flirty and other days it was just friendly talk, with Chris and still hadn’t told Josh we met up. They’re just didn’t seem like a right time to tell him since I knew he would go slightly mental even though Chris and I were just friends. After all I would do the same if he met up with his ex behind my back. During the day we spent most of it in the green room of the venues, while i was sitting waiting I felt my phone buzz.

From Chris:
How’s the tour going?

To Chris:
It’s great I can see why people love being on tour so much. I wish I was a rockstar haha.

From Chris:
Haha everyone wishes they were a rockstar. So I get back home about the same time as you want to meet up beautiful? Bring Josh if you want we could both share stories about how amazing you are: p

To Chris:
Yeah sounds good only I live in Scotland now not at my parents :( sucks it would have been fun to catch up and hear you two handsome chaps talk about me. Not so sure Josh will be keen on coming though. He’s not your biggest fan, so you’d have to put up with little old me.

From Chris:
That’s totally understandable. We can figure something out; it would be you putting up with me. I love hanging out with you.

To Chris:
Well I like hanging out with you, least i did.


“Who you so busy texting with that smile on your face love?” Josh appeared out of nowhere.

“Just a friend.” I shrugged.

“Aw cool tell them hi. So what song do you think we should play today at the in store show?”

“Erm, you don’t have a set list made yet? It’s in what 2 hours?” He nodded. “Well I think: Loverboy; Liquid Confidence; Save it for the bedroom; Stay with me; Crash; I would say bite my tongue but no one does the scream bit like Oli.” I nudged him. “Underdog; no one does it better; Little Death and a couple of older ones like gossip.”

“Good choices apart from the last one. Never like admitting I wrote Gossip so I sure as hell ain’t singing it.”

“Awww I quite like that song.” I tease knowing it would get on his nerves.

“Then we are no longer dating.” He stood up and left in a dramatic fashion. He waited a few minutes outside the door as i could hear him sing quietly before coming back in. “I’ll take you back if you promise not to mention Gossip again.” He smiled wide.

“Ok but i don’t know why you hate the song so much i think it’s catchy.” I turned round to see his face totally unimpressed. “Sorry babe.” I gave him a kiss because I knew it would make him smile.

Their in store went great. They were amazing as usual and Josh even dedicated ‘Crash’ to me because he knew I loved the song. After they finished the set list I made up they sat down at a long table for a meet and greet which was scheduled to take a few hours. Lauren and I went shopping since the wire in my bra snapped I thought it was time for some new underwear and a few more clothes. The only thing I loved about winter time was getting to wear and buy chunky knit jumpers and cardigans.

After the signing me and Josh went back to the bus so I could get my camera to take pictures of the show tonight for my memory book I wanted to make when I got home. It would basically be my year with Josh. Corny I know but I didn’t care. As I thought about how amazing my year had been with him I knew I had to tell him about Chris.

“Josh I have to talk to you.” We sat down in the back lounge of an empty bus.

“What’s up love?”

“Well I know what happened the night of your fight. I wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me” He sighed.

“Did Dan the blabbermouth tell you? Anytime.” He smiled as he took hold of my hand.

“No Chris did.” His hand dropped from mine as he stared at me.

“How did he manage to tell you that?”

“I met up with him, he said he’d tell me what happened and you wouldn’t so I went to see him.”

“Is that all?”

“Well we’re sort of friends now. We’ve text a bit but there’s nothing but friendship there. Look and see.” I handed my phone over to him and let him look through the texts.

“You’ve been texting him for over a week. Were you going to tell me you were back to being BFF’s with your ex boyfriend that may I add cheated on you with your best friend.” His words stung.

“Of course I remember that he cheated. I can’t forget that. We’re not BFF’s we’re friends and I didn’t tell you because you would react like this and I couldn’t deal with it. It’s unfair for our old friends to be caught between us so we’re being civil.” He scoffed.

“Looks a hell of a lot more than civil. Oh and to him asking if i wanted to come with you when you two lovebirds meet up back at home, I’d rather eat my own shoe.” He stormed off leaving me in tears clutching my knees to my chest.

I knew Josh would be mad but I didn’t understand why he was being this mad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Josh acted a little harsh here but oh well.

Amelia's Outfit

Thanks again to:saveredheads for your comment.

Thanks for reading. Comment please if you have time xx