You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

It takes one, it takes one, it takes one, takes one to know one.

*TWO YEARS LATER*

It began to get a little easier when Josh went on tour as time went on. I knew he was only away for a bit and would always come back and spend a few days with me alone when he got home. I was close to finishing uni, only having a few months left until i was free to be young again instead of buried behind a pile of books. With every passing week a little excitement grew inside.

The bitter cold of the air attacked my hands and face the second i stepped outside the house and ran into the car. Instead of spending Christmas apart we decided to go to the cottage with both Josh's family and mine, along with Lauren whose parents were in Europe on holiday. It would be amazing to spend christmas together and being at the cottage together made everything even more specal.

Josh had been busy recording a new album and playing sell out shows, the usual stuff for a rockstar to do with their time. He and the boys were getting bigger and bigger. I couldn't be more proud to call him mine and the boys my friends. Nothng could beat the smile on his face whenever he played a show. Elissa was doing well with her music and he fanbase was gradually growing aswell.
Lauren and Max were still together as well, despite a little break in between. Other than that our lives were pretty much the same for the two years, except the fact we were getting older.

Life was pretty good to say the least.

The journey up to the cottage was quicker than i remember it being in the past. My mum and dad held hands for little bits in the front and talked about what kind of new car the neighbours had now they had better paying jobs and how that new restaurant that opened up near the house wasn't as good as people said. We stopped for lunch on the way and everything was really a blur. All i thought about was seeing my man in just a few hours. Watching my mum and dad, seeing how in love they were made me want to be just like them.

FROM JOSH<3
That's me ,Liss and the folks left. see you soon love. xxx

TO JOSH<3
Okay dokie. Will see you all soon.xxxx

FROM JOSH <3
This Christmas will be amazing! I can tell :p xxx

TO JOSH<3
Indeed it will, hurry up and get here! xxx


It would only take them around two hours to drive so it gave my mum time to make dinner, my dad time to go buy some wine and beer and me time to wrap up Josh's presents.

I must have drifted off to sleep after all the presents were wrapped because the next thing i remember was a cold pair of arms wrap tightly around my waist and kisses being placed around my face. To be fair it was a nice way to wake up.

"Get up you lazy sod, dinner's ready."

"Why it's lovely to see you too Franceschi."

"You know its great to see you love, its just my stomach is screaming at me to go eat. So come one." He pulled me up from the bed and both of us ran downstairs.

"Wow mum this looks amazing! No wonder you wanted food so quick." I helped my mum carry over the last few plates and took my seat in between Josh and Lauren and across from Elissa.

The night passed with everyone catching up, joking around, mostly us making fun of Josh but he was an easy target and genuinley enjoying each other's company. Elissa filled us in about her music and job, even told us quietly about the new man she had been out with a few times.

"He's hot Liss, well done!" She laughed. "i'm being serious. If he is as nice as you say he is then he's a keeper." I winked at her just as Josh sat down beside me.

"The old ones are in bed so it's just us four to see in christmas day together."

"Actually only you three, i'm tired. See you in the morning for present time!" Elissa stood up, gave each of us a hug before discreatly putting something into Josh's pocket and hading to bed.

"It's just be you two lovebirds. I'm going to head too, some of us didn't get nap time today." Lauren stuck her tongue out at me and left.

"Then there was two!" Josh slung his arm around my shoulder. "Let's go for a walk."

"Josh it's 10 to 12, it's winter and we are in the middle of nowhere. Which part of that sounds like a good idea?" He laughed.

"None of it but it'll be fun. Come on grumpy guts, live a little."

"Fine but if i end up with flu, you will have to nurse me better." I pouted.

"Don't worry Dr. Josh will be there to cater to your every need babe."

We walked out towards the lake and stood in the freezing cold looking up to the stars. All around was quiet except from the quiet breathing of Josh at my back.

"Everytime I come out here it gets more beautiful" I sighed and leaned back into the warmth of Josh's arms.

"It really does. If it wasn't for this lake we wouldn't be together, in a way." His fingers linked with mine.

"It's so true, this lake has a lot to answer for." I turned around to face him and looked straight into those blue orbs that looked even more amazing in the moonlight. "Let's head back it's freezing out here."

He looked down at his watch and instantly looked nervous. "Merry Christmas babe. I know it's freezing but i wanted to do this here, in our spot. Doing it on Christmas Day make it even more romantic and shit. Here goes..........."

He knealed down on the cold ground and took a small box from the pocket of his coat. My breath hitched in my throat as i stared down at him.

" I love you Amelia. More than anything, you know that. We've had our ups and down's but i don't feel as bad leaving for tour knowing i have you to come home to..............God why is writing songs so much easier than this..........Ok i'm just going to come out with it. Amelia. Will. You. Marry. Me?"

Silent tears made their way down my cheeks as instinctivley i nodded my head. Josh's strong arms engulfed me into a hug and he spun me around. The ring was beautiful. The boy did good.

"Josh its beautiful, I LOVE IT!" My voice got louder in pitch and volume the more i spoke.

"Shhhhh, you'll wake up the rabbits." We laughed. " I couldn't get an ordinary ring for an extraordianry girl. I'm just glad you like it." I pulled his lips into the most passionate kiss i had ever had.

"We should head back, its freezing out here and I have some making up for my shitty presents to do. Mines are nowhere near as good as this beauty right here." I couldn't stop staring at the way the moonlight hit off of the diamonds.

"I'm down for that let's go!" He smirked.

"Oh and Josh?"

"Yeah love?"

"Merry Christmas! I didn't get the chance to say it before."

" I love you Amelia!"

" I love you too Joshua. Now lets go." He picked me up and almost ran back to the cottage.

I couldn't wait to show my family my ring and tell them the good news. I knew right then in my Fiancee's arms it would be one of the best Christmases of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone had a good Christmas! I think this may be the second last chapter of this since I don't have motivation write anymore. I might write a sequel or one shot for this after i'm finished but i don't know yet.

Thanks for reading, comment please. I love knowing what you think.

Thanks for reading anyways. xx