Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

It's meaningless to me

Image


It had been two weeks since Dan asked Sparrow to choose between him and Nate. In those two weeks hadn’t talked to Dan once. She really didn’t do much since the fight. She was mostly in her room by herself and sometimes Nate would come over and spend time with her.

She walked into the kitchen were Alice and Travis were making cookies. She rolled her eyes at how disgustingly cute they were being. She tried grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge as quickly as possible.

“Sparrow would you like some cookies when we finish?” Alice asked turning around with flour on her nose. “Yeah sure.” Sparrow said running her hand through her hair. “You okay?” Alice asked walking towards her.

Sparrow thought her options through in her head on how she could respond to Alice’s question. She had one honest one, and that was ‘no I’m not fine, I’m heartbroken that Dan pretty much broke up with me’ then was her lie which she said to her. “Yeah I’m fine. I just didn’t sleep to well, so I’m tired.”

“Okay well if you want to talk about something you know you can always talk to me.” She knew she could talk to Alice about anything, but this was one thing she couldn’t talk to her about. She knew that Alice would tell her how wrong it was that she was cheating on Nate to begin with. So Sparrow just kept all her problems to herself.

She walked into her room and decided to call the one person who knew all sides to the story. She picked her phone off her nightstand and dialed Logan’s number. She waited four rings before he picked up.

“Hey Sparrow what’s up?”

“Everything in the fucking world.” She said throwing herself on her bed.
“Okay, tell me everything that wrong.”

“First of all I haven’t talked to Dan in two weeks since he asked me to choose.”

“Okay so you didn’t choose?”

“He caught me off guard I didn’t know what to say. He then asked me to leave I and I haven’t talked to him since then.” She said sighing.

“It sounds to me that you need to break up with Nate and go see Dan.”

“Okay.”

“Sparrow you’re a smart girl. This will all work out.”
“Okay I’m going to go break up with Nate.”

“Ok let me know what happens.” Logan said before she hung up.

She quickly got dressed and grabbed her keys and head out the door. She didn’t know how exactly she was going to break up with Nate she just knew it had to happen. The car ride was the longest ten minutes of her life.

She walked up the stone path taking a deep breath before knocking on the front door. Her heart sped up as he heard Nate foot steps coming up to the front door.

“Hey Sparrow what are you doing here?” He asked confused. “We need to talk.” She said stepping inside.

“Those are four words no man ever wants to hear.” He chuckled light already having a feeling for where this was going as the walked over to the couch. “I’m sorry.” She said as tears started welling up in her blue eyes. “Let’s do this.” He said sitting down.

“I don’t know how to say this.” She said as tears started coming from her eyes. “It’s because of Dan. Huh?” He said wiping the tears from her cheek. “Yeah I’m sorry.”

“You loved him first and you never stopped loving him.”

“But I love you too.” She said placing her hand on his knee.

“I know you do, but you love him more.” He said as tears started welling up in his eyes. “I’m sorry.” She pushed her hair behind her ear. “I need to know were you sleeping with him?” He asked already really knowing the answer.

She was silent she just nodded her head. “I thought so.” He said looking at the ground as tears slid down his cheek.

She was still silent.

“I really thought you were one. I thought one day we would get married.”

“Day one day you’re going to find the perfect that deserves you, because you surely don’t.”

“I love you Sparrow.” He said standing up. “I love you too and I’m sorry.” She said standing up and walking towards him.

“Don’t let the guy hurt you.” He said pulling her into a hug and placing a kiss on the top of her head. “I won’t.” She said walking away.

As soon as Sparrow finished talking to Nate she knew she had to go see Dan. She got in her car and just started driving to Dan’s. She finally felt like things were going to be okay again.

She walked up and knocked on the door of Dan and the guys house and waited for somebody to answer the door. She was getting nervous the longer she was waiting for somebody to answer the door.

“Sparrow what are you doing her.” Dan said answering the door in only his underwear.

“I came over to tell you that I broke up with Nate.” She said giving him a smile. “You finally broke up with him.” He said running his fingers through his bleached hair.

“Yeah I finally did.” She said reaching and lacing her fingers with his. “This is really good.” He smiled. “Yeah it is. We can finally date in public.”

Before she could say anything else a random blonde girl walked out of the hallway in wrinkled clothes. “Dan I see your busy I’ll call you later so we can do this again.” She said walking out the front door.

“Dan did you sleep with her?” Sparrow asked praying that he didn’t. He didn’t say anything he just stared at her blankly.

“Wow. You’re an ass.” She said feeling her heart break as she pulled her hands away from his. “You know what a hypocrite you sound like?” Dan asked annoyed.

“I broke up with him for you, and now you’re fucking some blonde.” She spat. “Did you just expect me to wait around for you?” He asked. “It took you two fucking weeks to choose between Nate and me.” She was completely silent.

“Sparrow you’ve always been my first choice. I don’t know if I’m your first though.” He said. “Of course you’re my first choice. I broke up with Nate for you.”

“Sparrow it took you two weeks to decided!” He decided.

“Whatever I don’t even fucking care. Keep fucking that blonde and see what I care.” She said before storming out the front door.

Dan felt complete guilty for yelling at Sparrow and also for sleeping with another girl. He was pissed off to know end that Sparrow was so pissed off that he was sleeping with someone else. The whole time he had been with Sparrow she was also sleeping with Nate.

He walked into the kitchen and grabbed himself a beer and decided he needed to get his mind off of everything. He couldn’t figure out why Sparrow had this effect on him. He knew he was in love with her, but he didn’t know why she messed with his head so much.

By seven o’clock when the guys came back Dan was sitting on the couch drunk and missing Sparrow.

“Ay mate.” Josh asked walking over to the couch sitting down next to him. “I’m drunk and an arse.” He slurred.

“What did you do that made you an arse?” Matt asked walking over.

“Let me see Sparrow came over here to tell me she broke up with Nate and she saw Bridgett walk out of my room.” He said taking another drink of his beer.

“The world’s biggest twat award goes to you.” Josh said with a huge smile on his face.

“Yes I know I’m a twat. Thanks for putting that out there.” Dan said annoyed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and lyrics from Crash.
*What do you guys think? She finally broke up with Nate and Dan didn't wait.
*Okay so here's the deal this story is just about over and I'm working on two new Dan stories. I'm eventually going to post both I promise you that. I just need to decide which one will get posted first and the second one will get posted as soon as the first one is all posted. I want to know which on you guys want to read first.
Choice 1
It's a Dan vs Josh story. It's the two of them fighting over who can get the girl first. It's called Try As I Might.
Choice 2
This story is more complicated I had one girl Aria who has a very complicated relationship with Dan and Josh. There is also Stephanie who is best friends with Aria. She used to date Max in high school, now she's with Matt. This one has two love triangles in it, it's also a really crazy story. It's called Little Truth. I might change the name of the story though.
*Leave a comment on this story and tell me which one you would like to read first.
*I want to thank Mr Reckless., Snapback-Princess, & dzsinidzsoni.
*Last thing if you would like to enter my contest its not to late, you have till the 15th which is next Thursday to submit your entries.