Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

When I was younger, I always thought

Image

Sparrow searched around her room looking for what to wear tonight to the show. She was searching through her closet like a mad women trying to figure out what to wear. She had clothes sprawled across of her bedroom floor. She sat on her bedroom floor sorting through the clothes.

“Wow this was not what I expected to walk in on.” Alice said laughing leaning against the door frame.
“What did you expect to find?” Sparrow asked annoyed.
“There’s a reason I’m just now getting home. I was giving you and Nate your alone time, so you could have your anniversary sex.”
“We didn’t have anniversary sex. Our whole relationship isn’t based on sex.”
“I’m not claiming it is. I just thought you guys might have today.” Alice said still laughing a little.
“Are you done?”
“Yes I am.” She mocked.
“What the hell should I wear tonight?”
“Your black skinny jeans, and your pink sweater shirt thing. You’re welcome.” Alice said walking out into the hall.
Sparrow got dressed as fast as possible and walked into the living where Alice was waiting for her.

When the arrived at House of Blue Anaheim they were letting everyone in so they got into the back of the line. She could help but smile at all the teenagers who were so excited to see their favorite band.

“Alice who are we seeing tonight?”
“A band called Every Avenue.”
“Oh I like Every Avenue.”
“Yeah I know you do. That’s why I bought you a ticket.”
“Well thank you.” Sparrow said pulling her into a hug.
“You’re welcome.”

When the girls got inside they went and stood over by one of the downstairs bars. They watched as the girls and some boys in the crowd were shoving trying to get as close as possible.

“Who’s opening?” She asked Alice.
“I want to say You Me At Six, but I can’t remember.” She could figure out why that name sounded so familiar to her.
“Oh.”

As the stereo stopped playing a group five guys walked out on stage, to a crowd of screaming girls. Sparrow could help think to herself that they looked familiar. She was staring at the blond drummer intently trying to figure out why he looked so familiar. When he turned to her direction his blue eyes looked into her blue ones and he froze. All the sudden he looked like he had just seen a ghost. Sparrow had the same look on her face. She couldn’t believe who she was staring.

“Why’s the really attractive blond guy staring at you?” Alice said causing her to look away.
“That’s Dan.” She said watching him as he walked over and sat behind the drums.
“Dan, as in England Dan?” Alice asked confused.
“Yeah.”

He laced his fingers with hers and took off running, pulling her with him. She had no clue where they were going, but she was willing to go with him no problem.

“Dan where are we going?” She said running her fastest to keep up with her.
“We’re going to the park.” He said stopping and looking both ways before running across the street.
“Why are we going to the park?” She asked as they ran across the grass towards the middle of the grass.
“We’re going to watch the stars.”
“Okay?” She said as Dan pulled her down on the ground to lie down next to him. They laid there for about five minutes before either of them said anything.
“You know the sky is so beautiful.” Sparrow said breaking the silence.
“It’s nothing compared to you.” Dan said turning his head and staring at Sparrow.
“Thank you.”
“What are you thanking me for?”

“For everything, for being so amazing.” She said turning her head and looking into his blue eyes. A moment later Dan lightly pressed his lips to hers. The kissed stayed innocent for only a moment. Dan put his hands on Sparrow hips, and pulled her on top of him so that she was straddling his waist. They continued to kiss as he outlined her hipbone.

They were brought out of the moment to the sound of somebody clearing there throat. They both looked up to find a grey haired old lady with an unamused look on her face.
“Sorry.” Sparrow said standing up straitening out her clothes as Dan stood up.
“You two should be ashamed of yourselves this is a public park.” She said wiggling her finger at them.

“We are.” Dan said grabbing Sparrow hand and took off running again.


The second the boys got off the stage Sparrow took off upstairs to get some air. She stood on the patio staring out at the people walking by outside at Downtown Disney. She nervously ran her fingers through her hair not really sure what to do, or really where to go.

She didn’t know if she really wanted to see Dan or not. This was the first time in almost two year since she’d seen him. Sure they had talked a lot when she first got home. They Skyped and talked on the phone when they could for the first four months, but they slowly just lost contact. They never really ended what they had. She wasn’t even sure that Dan wanted to see her.

She felt knots starting to form in her stomach just thinking of possible conversation she could have with Dan. She had dreamed when she first got home of her and Dan meeting up again. This was definitely not how she expected it to go.

“Sparrow.” She heard a familiar English accent say behind her.
“Hi Dan.” She said nervously running her hand through her hair.
“How have you been?” He asked nervously.
“Great.” She said fighting back tears.
“I’ve missed you.”
“I’ve missed you too.”
“I’m at a loss for words.” He said biting his lip nervously like he used to.
“I have that effect on you, don’t I?” She laughed nervously.
“You always have.”
“You look like you want to cry.” He said as he continued to bite his lip.
“It’s because I’m fighting back tears.”
“Sparrow, are you free tomorrow maybe we could go out to dinner or something?”
“I’m free, I just need to tell you I have a boyfriend.” She said leaning against the patio railing.
“I couldn’t expect you to wait for me forever.”
“I highly doubt you waited for me Dan.” She said as a tear slid down her cheek.
“I’ve dated, but I have had a girlfriend since you.”
“Was I your girlfriend?”
“Yeah you were.”
“Dan I need to go.” She said turning on her heels.
“Wait Sparrow, can we please go out to dinner together as friends please?”
“I would love that.” She said biting her lip.
“Ok let exchange numbers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and picture lyrics from You Me At Six's When We Were Younger
* I'm literally updating while I'm finishing up packing. I leave for my road trip from California to Texas for Unsilent Night soon.
* Also I got my ticket to YMAS!!!! I might also be seeing them twice.
* Back on topic so they meet again.
* I seriously need to thank BUSTANUT because without her this story would seriously not exist.
* Please comment and give me your feedback. I love it.
* Thank you so much BUSTANUT & astheonlybirdsingss for commenting.
* You guys should read my You Me At Six I've written. (;