Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

I bite my tongue so you don't hear me

Image

"Lily what should I wear tonight?" Sparrow asked while braiding her red hair over her shoulder. Sparrow and Lily tried to go out as much as possible and just have fun.

"Wear this." She said with her English accent, tossing her a grey corset top with pink and blue floral print on it.

"So I'm only wearing this?" Sparrow said sarcastically while putting it on. What Sparrow had learned from living with Lily was to always trust Lily’s outfit choices. She had never guided her wrong.

"No bitch you're going to wear your black skirt and denim top thing over it with your maroon pumps."

"Thanks." She said smiling and slipping into her skirt. "Are you happy that I dressed you?" Lily said laugh. "I'm extremely happy."

The two of them got dress and headed to a club in town. When they got inside they saw that the place was pack. The two of them watched everyone on the dance floor moved in sync to the rhythm of the music.

"I don't know about you love, but I see a bunch of attractive lads on the dance floor, so I think we should dance." Lily smirked.

"Sounds like a marvelous plan." She said as Lily grabbed her hand leading her onto the dance floor.

The two of them danced together moving in rhythm. They danced with guys that were brave enough to ask for a dance. The whole time they were out on the dance floor they were having a blast.

"I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want anything?" Sparrow asked walking towards the bar. "No I'm good." She said as she went back to dancing with a blond guy.

Sparrow walked up to the crowded bar. "Excuse me." She said leaning on the bar. "Excuse me." She said again, but this time more forceful. She stood there for five minutes say excuse me, but she was getting nowhere.

"Do you need help?" Brunette guys asked with stunning blue eyes. "Yes please." She said giving him a smile. "What did you want to drink?" He asked her giving her a smirk that could make her knees buckle. "Vodka and tonic."

"That sure is a girlie drink." He said before turning back to bar. "Well it’s for me, and last time I checked I was a girl." She said laughing lightly. "Can I get vodka tonic, and a beer?" He said loudly and catching the bartenders attention.

"Here you go." He said giving her the drink. "Can you follow me to the table?" She said holding her drink. "Yeah of course."

She got to the table and reached in her purse and pulled out her wallet. "How much do I owe you?" She asked smiling. "You know how about you pay me buy giving me your number, and going on a date with me?" He said smiling. "Ok I'll go on a date with you, but don't you think we should know each others names?" She said smirking.
"My name is Dan Flint, what's yours love?" He asked smiling. "Sparrow Asher."


Sparrow sat on Nate's couch bored out of her mind. They were watching The Departed, and spending alone time. "I love this movie." Nate whispered into her ear.

Sparrow was zoning out like she had been doing since she hung out with Dan the other night. Her mind was always flashing back to her time with Dan. When she would close her eyes she would see his blue ones. "Sparrow are listening?" Nate asked "What did you say?" She said snapping out of her thoughts.

"Sparrow you've sure been zoning out a lot lately." Nate said lacing his figures with hers. "I know I'm sorry."

"What have you been thinking about lately?" He asked lacing his figures with hers. "I've been thinking about school, and how I can't wait till summer break." She lied. "I can't wait till your summer break either." He said kissing her on the cheek, and pulling her closer.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear. "I love you too. I got to get going." She said standing up and straightening out her clothes. "Why do you have to go?" He wad confused on why she had to leave out of no where.

"I have homework that I have to do tonight for school tomorrow." She said walking towards the door." Love you babe." He said walking her out to her car. "Hey we've been over this; my name is Sparrow not babe." She said getting in her car.

"Sorry."

She got in her car and drove home in silence. She didn't have radio on like she normally did. She had a million things going through her mind. The past few days her mind was never at rest. She was always thinking about Dan and her time she spent with him.

The second she got in her room, she dialed the number she had been wanting to call all day. "Can you come over please?" She said feeling nothing but guilt.

About thirty minutes later there was a knock on the front door. Alice answered the door and was shocked when she saw Dan saw standing on the other side of the threshold.

"Hey Dan?"

"You must be Alice, Sparrow's flat mate." He said giving her a smirk.

"Yeah I am. Sparrow's in her room." She said walking towards the couch again. Dan walked into Sparrow's room to find her looking through a textbook. He didn't say for a moment, he just smiled as he watched her concerted intently on the textbook.

"Am I interrupting something?" He said.

"No." She said closing her text book. “What would you love to do tonight love?”

Sparrow walked out of her bedroom to find Dan standing in her living room with a smile plastered on his face. She couldn’t help but smile by the fact he was smiling. “You look stunning.” Dan said. “Thank you.”

“Let’s go.” He said walking over and lacing his fingers with hers. They walked out the door, both of them smiling. “Whats the plan for tonight? She asked as the got into a car.

“I was thinking maybe with could go out to dinner, and maybe get something to drink.” He said while still holding her hand.” Sounds like a plan to me.”


“Why don’t we go walk on the pier?” Sparrow said grabbing her jacket from her closet. “I would like that.” He said slipping on his hoodie.
They rode in the car in silence, but it by no means was awkward. It was like old times. The old times that Sparrow was dying to relive.

When ever Sparrow thought about Dan or was with Dan she felt nothing but guilt. She felt like she was cheating Nate. She felt horrible for the fact that she was in love with Nate, but at the same time she still had feelings for Dan.

Dan’s mind was working a similar way as Sparrows. He was dying to relive the old times. Since his summer with Sparrow he really never moved on. He refused really to let himself move on. As they drove to the pier, Dan wanted so bad to grab her hand and lace his fingers with hers, but he knew he couldn’t he new that was off limits. That she had a boyfriend.

“What are you thinking about?” She asked as she focused on the road.” The old times.” He said while gnawing on his bottom lip.” How old are we talking?” She asked already really knowing what he was going to say.” Our summer.” She said biting her lip, thinking back to old times.

“That was a really good summer.” He said staring at her and smiling. He still looked at her like she was the reason the sun shined. “Yeah it was. I wish we could go back.”

“I know what you mean.”

“You know Sparrow you seem like a different person, but at the same time you’re still the same old Sparrow that I had the time of my life with.”

“I feel like I’m a different in so many ways, but at the same time I’m the same.”

The two of them walked along the pier in silence. The only sound being the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore. Sparrow's phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out to find she had a text from Nate.

Nate Kinley (mobile)
8:34:64
How's the homework going?


She bit her lip and looked at the ground, and then at Dan.

Good.

"Who are you text love, if you don't mind me asking?" Dan asked smiling. "Nate he asked me how my homework was going."

"Does he think you're doing homework right now?"

"Yeah he does."

"So you’re lying to him so you can spend time with me."

"Yeah I guess I am."

Everything about the moment was perfect to Sparrow. She was laid on Dan's couch with Dan's arms wrapped around her holding her close. "What are we even watching?" He asked whispering in his ear. "Nightmare Before Christmas." She smiled

"This is such a weird movie." He said slowly trailing his hands up and down her side.

"It’s not weird it’s a classic. Everything about this movie is amazing."

"Everything about you is amazing." He said before he started kissing her the back of her neck.

"Way to be cheesy." She laughed. "Its what I do best love." He whispered in her ear slowly, causing shivers to go up and down her spine.

Sparrow turned over so that she was facing him. It took no time for him to press his lips to her. Dan pulled her so that she was straddling his hips. The two were shocked when they heard a knock on the door.

"You should probably get that." She said getting off his hips and sitting on down on the couch. "Ok." He said walking towards the door. Dan opened the door to find four rowdy guys standing on the other side.

"DAN!" They all shouted in unison. Sparrow smiled as she saw all five of the guy shoving past Dan and walking inside.

"Dan who's the lovely lady?" Youngest looking one asked.

"Guys this is Sparrow."

"Sparrow the big mouth here is Max” He said pointing to the young looking one. "Nice to meet you.” She said putting her hand. "You sure are proper fit." Max said grabbing her hand and kissing it.

"Ok back off lover boy." Dan said annoyed. "I'm going to interrupt you, and be a proper gentleman and introduce myself. I'm Josh." He said sticking his hand out. "Nice to meet you."

"These are my mates Matt, and Chris."

"How do you guys know Dan?" Sparrow asked confused.

"We're all in a band together love." Max said.

Dan sat on the couch annoyed by the fact that boys interrupted his alone time with Sparrow. He new his time with Sparrow was limited and he made the decision that he didn't care if it made him selfish, but he didn't want to share her.

"Oh so you're Dan's band mates he talks about."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and picture lyrics are from You Me At Six's Bite My Tongue feat Oli Sykes
* Sorry it took so long to update this.
* What are you guys thinking so far? Please comment and don't be a silent reader.
* I want to thank astheonlybirdsings & BUSTANUT for commenting.
* I would love you forever and ever if you read and commented on my new YMAS one shot called You're A Wreck.