Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

You were the first one I loved

Image
“Sparrow you didn’t forget about my brother’s wedding tomorrow did you?” Alice asked Sparrow who was sitting on the living room couch.

“I kinda did, but it’s no big deal I’ll call Nate and remind him.”

“Ok.” Alice said walking towards her bedroom.

Sparrow went into her room and dialed Nate all too familiar number. It took about three rings before he picked up.
“Hey Sparrow.”

“Hey Nate, please tell me you have something to wear to a wedding.”

“Sparrow what are you talking about?” She could tell he was confused on what she was talking about.

“Alice’s brother Brendon is getting married tomorrow and I totally forgot about until like ten minutes ago.”

“Sparrow I would love to go to Brendon wedding tomorrow with you, but I have my family reunion tomorrow and I can’t skip that.”

“It’s ok I’ll go alone.” She said sighing.
“I’m sorry doll.”

“It’s okay.”

“I got to go Sparrow I got to drive out to my Aunt and Uncles house. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Okay I’ll talk to you later, love you.”

“I love you too Sparrow.” He said before he hung up. Sparrow sighed as she sat her phone down on her night stand. She didn’t want to go alone to that wedding alone by any means. She knew Alice would go with Travis the guys she’s been “seeing”.

She looked at her phone to see that she had a text from Dan telling her he was done with his meeting he had today. That’s when it hit her she could take as a date to the wedding.

She decided to pass on talking about this through text. He just decided to call him instead. "Ello Sparrow." She could tell he was smiling just by the way he said her name.

"Um Dan I have a favor to ask you."

"I'll do anything for you love."

"Would you go to Alice's brothers wedding with me tomorrow?" All the sudden she got super nervous out of nowhere. "Of course. What time should I pick you up tomorrow?"

"Can you pick me up at four?"

"Of course love."

"Thank you so much for doing this for me."

"Any time." Sparrow hung up the phone and went off to tell Alice everything was worked out for tomorrow.

"Alice everything's good for tomorrow." She said walking into her room.

”You know tonight’s my last night here?” She said leaning against him on the couch.

“Know love lets not talk about it.” He said holding her close.

“You know I don’t want to go home.” She said looking up into his blue eyes.

“Love you have too.” He hated telling her that. He really wanted to beg her to stay. He was really willing to do anything to get her to stay, but he knew that was selfish of him. That she had a family at home that missed her, and she needed to see them that she missed them.

“I wish we didn’t have to leave.”

“I know I wish you didn’t have to leave either.” He said kissing the top of her head.


Sparrow stood in the bathroom curling her hair, and looking mirror trying to figure out if it was a bad idea for her to go to the wedding with Dan.

She finished curling her hair and walked into her bedroom to get dressed. As soon as she got her dress zipped up she heard the door bell ring. She grabbed her purse in one hand and her heels in the other, and took off to get the door.

"One second." She shouted as she slipped her heels on.

She opened the front door to find Dan wearing a dress shirt and a tie. He had his blond hair pushed back, and a huge smile on his face.

"You look stunning." He said.

"Thank you. You look really handsome."

"Thank you love. Shall we go?" He said putting his hand out. Without any hesitation she grabbed his hand and walked out to his car.

"So I've never been to an American wedding." He said as he started the car.

"Don't worry you'll have fun." She said smiling as they took off down the street.

"You know how to get their right love?"

"Yeah, turn right at this up coming signal."

When they arrived at the hotel where Brendon was getting married they parked and got out of the car. Sparrow straightened out her dress as Dan walked over to her side of the car. The two walked in the room the wedding was being held in to find a shocked Alice. Sparrow knew right away the look on Alice's face was because she was shocked Dan was her date.

"Hi Alice." Both Sparrow and Dan said.

"Sparrow can I talk to you for a minute alone?"

"Yeah."

Alice grabbed Sparrow hand and head off towards the bathroom.

"What the hell is Dan doing here Sparrow?" She asked annoyed.

"Nate had a family reunion and I didn't want to come here alone."

"What is going on with you and Dan anyway?"

"Nothing what so ever. We're just spending time together."

"Whatever. So has he admitted he loves you yet?"

"What?"

"Has Dan told you he's still in love with you yet?"

"He was never in love with me to begin with." Sparrow said with a pained look on her face.

"Sparrow you obviously don't see the way he looks at you."

"I guess not. Can I please go back to Dan?"

"Yeah."

She walked back to find Dan talking to Alice's other brother Xander.

"Sorry about that." She said to him.

"No problem love." He said smiling.

"Hi Xander." She said hugging him.

"How are you Sparrow?"

"I'm good."

"So is this your new boyfriend?" Xander asked curiously.

"No actually I'm her old one." Dan said smiling.

"That's different." Xander said laughing.

"Yeah."

The wedding was short and sweet. Dan and Sparrow stood up to walk to where the reception was being held. “Do you see yourself getting married in the future?” Dan asked with his hands in his pockets.

“Yeah I would love to get married one day.”

“Do you see yourself marrying Nate?” He asked not even bothering to jump around it.

“I don’t know.”

The two of them ate and talk about random stuff, but not once more was Nate brought up. They sat at the table watching people dance.

“We should dance.” Dan said standing up and putting his hand out for Sparrow to grab. He had a secret motive for wanting to dance. He wanted to be close to Sparrow.

“Ok.” She said standing up and taking his hand.

The walked on the dance floor and they started dancing innocently apart. They both stared into each other and smiled as they danced to Lady Gaga’s Poker Face. They were having a blast dancing when Goo Goo Dolls’ Iris came one. They both froze for a second not really sure what to do.

“May I have this dance?” Dan said giving her a smile and putting his hand out.

“Of course.” She said moving close to him. She put her arms around his neck and he put his hands on her hips.

The moved to the beat of the song swaying side to side. They stared into each others eyes and were silent.

“When I get married I want this to be the first song to be my first dance.” She said as resting her head on his shoulder. “You know when at one point I considered asking you to marry me so I could get you to stay in England.” He whispered softly into her ear.

“Are you serious?” She said shocked, looking up at him.

“Yeah I thought about it when I realized I loved you.”

“Wait you were in love with me?” She said with tears welling up in her eyes.

“Yeah.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I thought you would think I was crazy for falling in love with you with you after such a short period of time.”

“Dan I was in love with you to.” She said as a tear slid down her cheek.

“Sparrow I’m still in love with you.”

“I’m in love with you too.”

“Lets go.” Dan whispered in her ear.

“Ok where?” She was confused on what was going on. They walked over to the table and grabbed Sparrow’s purse. They rushed outside. Dan looked around to see if anyone from the wedding was outside.

“What’s going on?” Was all she was able to say before Dan crashed his lips into hers. The kiss sweet and innocent at first. It took no time for Sparrow to reach to what was happening. Soon the innocence was thrown at the window, when Dan slid his tongue along Sparrow’s bottom lip. Their lips moved in sync as their tongue fought for dominance. Sparrow was the first to pull away when she realized everything about this kiss was wrong.

“I can’t believe I cheated on Nate.”

“I’m sorry.” Dan said pushing some of the loose red curls behind her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and picture lyrics from This Is The First Thing
* So he loves her. What do you think?
* So I got no comments last chapter. I feel like nobody is reading this story which sucks.
* I've written a total of 20 chapters for this story and it might have a total of 21, i'm not sure yet.