Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

I said I can talk my way out of anything

Image

Sparrow sat on Dan's couch with a wide smile on her face. She was trying to push the guilt from her mind as she had Dan's arm around her holding her close. Ever since the kiss they had pretty much been a couple. There was one problem though, she was still with Nate. She felt horrible for cheating on Nate, but she was in love with Dan she had been since she left England.

"What are we even watching?" She asked.

"The Departed."

"There is so much killing." She said cringing as a guy took a bullet to the head.

"This is a great movie." He said laughing and pulling her onto his lap.

"Sure it is, if you like the blood and the death."

"Hey it’s also a good movie, because I get to hold you close." He whispered in her ear.

"We don't need to be watching a movie for you to hold me close." She said raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh really love." He said before pressing his lips to hers. They kissed for a minute before he started kissing her jaw. A moan escaped her lips as he moved her so that she was straddling his hips.

Dan had his lips all over her neck and he had his hand under her shirt on her hips. She moaned as he sucked on her collar bone.

Sparrow pulled away from Dan when the front door opened and the guys piled into the house.

"Wow it looks like we walked in on a snogging session." Josh laughed.

"This is awkward." Sparrow said standing up and fixing her clothes.

"You to look like you were having a grand time." Max said snickering.

"Hey Sparrow why don't we go to your house?" He said lacing his fingers with hers.

"That sounds great. I need to pee first.” She said walking towards the bathroom.

Matt waited before he heard the bathroom door shut before he said anything. "Dan you know you're messing with fire right?"

"Yeah I know and I'm welling to get burned." He said walking towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"Do you really see this ending well?" Matt said following behind him.

"You know I'm not sure."

“I just want you to be prepared for what ever consequence you have.”

“I know I’m prepared.”

“Are you going to ask her to break up with her boyfriend?” Matt asked leaning against the counter.

“Yeah I want to, but I don’t know how to.”

“You should probably do it soon, because I feel sorry for the poor bloke right now.”

"You ready?" Sparrow said walking towards Dan.

"Yeah love." He smile and lacing his fingers with hers.

They got into the car and they drove in silence. Dan kept thinking to himself that he wanted to tell Sparrow to break up with Nate, but he had no clue how. Every scenario was playing in his head. There were good turn outs and bad turn outs.

Sparrow could Dan was thinking about something, but she had no clue what.

“Dan what are you thinking about?” She asked curiously.

“Nothing love.” He lied.

“Are you sure nothing?”

“Just how beautiful you are.” He said while lacing his fingers with hers.

When they got to Sparrow's they were happy to see that Alice wasn't home. She didn’t want Alice to know about her and Dan. The only people that knew what was going on with her and Dan was his band mates.

"Looks like we got the place to ourselves love." He said pecking her on the cheek.

"Yeah it looks like we do." She said opening the front door.

"Let's go hang out in my room." She said walking into the house.

The walked into Sparrow's room and Sparrow turned the TV on. Dan went and laid down on her bed. She flipped on FX and walked over to the bed. Sparrow crawled on the bed and wasted no time straddling Dan’s hips. Dan sat up leaning against the headboard and attached his lips to her. Instinctively Sparrow knotted her hands in Dan’s hair. Dan slid his tongue along Sparrow’s bottom lip as he had his hands under her shirt, running his hands up and down her sides.

She pulled with a smirk on her face and pulled her top off leaving her in her bra. The second her shirt was on the ground Dan had his lips on her neck. About a second later Sparrow’s phone started ringing. She pulled away from Dan to look at her phone. She looked over on her night stand to see her Nate’s name on her phones screen.

“Should I pick it up?” She asked feeling her heartbeat pick up a little bit.

“Yeah. You don’t want him suspicious.”

“Hi Nate.” She said trying her hardest to sound calm.

“Why don’t you go open the front door?”

“Why?” She asked already knowing he was at the front door.

“You’ll be surprised.”

“Nate sweetheart I have a friend over I want you to meet.” She said trying to cover her ass on why Dan was over.

“Ok I’ll see you in a second.” Sparrow hung up the phone, and hopped of the bed and grabbed her shirt and pulled it on. She quickly threw her messy red hair into a bun on top of her head.

“Do I look like I was about to have sex with you?” She asked Dan trying to stay calm.

“Were we about to have sex?”

“Yeah.” She said walking into the hallway as Dan followed.

She opened the door to find a smiling Nate standing on the other side. I took no time for him to pull her into a hug. Nate looked up to see Dan leaning against the wall looking at the ground.

“Is this who you want me to meet?” He asked releasing her.

“Yeah Nate I would like you to meet Dan. Dan this is Nate.”

“Nice to meet you mate.” Dan said putting his hand out. He didn’t want to play nice, but he knew he needed to for Sparrow’s sake.

“Nice to meet you too. So am I wrong to assume that you’re Sparrow’s Dan from England.”

“Nope you’d be right I’m her Dan from England.”

“Sparrow can I talk to you for a minute outside?” Nate asked. Dan gave her a concerned look letting her know that if she didn’t feel safe, he would protect her. She gave him a look in return that let him know she was going to be ok.

“Yeah of course. Dan can you wait in the living room for us?”

“Of course.” Nate just shot every plan Dan had of asking Sparrow to leave Nate for him down.

The second the front door was shut Nate started talking. “Why is your ex boyfriend from England in your living room?”

“He’s in California recording and he asked me if I wanted to hang out and I told him yes.” She said acting like it was no big deal.

“I don’t trust him with you.”

“Nate you don’t know him.”

“Sparrow I know that you were in love with him, and I’m not even sure if you’re over him.” He said sitting down on the porch step.

“Nate you need to trust me I love.” As she told him this she felt horrible. She felt like she should just confess that she had been cheating on him with Dan, but she couldn’t bring herself to tell him.

“Ok I trust you, and I love you too.”

The two of them walked inside and Dan was sitting on the couch waiting for them to come back inside.

“Why don’t the three of us go out to dinner?” Nate asked.

“Ok.” Dan said standing up.

The three of them drove in complete awkward silence to Olive Garden in Sparrow’s car. When they got the restaurant they were sat in a booth right away. Sparrow and Nate sat on one side and Dan sat across from Sparrow.

They ordered their food and Nate laced his fingers with Sparrow’s. As he did Sparrow gave him a look letting him know that she was sorry. She looked at the table as she ran her foot up Dan leg, and rested it right between his legs. Dan bit his lip trying not to react to where she had just put her foot.

“So what’s it like for you being in America?” Nate asked breaking the silence.

“I really like it here, but at the same time I miss England.”

“I’ve always wanted to go to England. Sparrow has told me all about it and how amazing her trip was, but I think you might be one reason she enjoyed England so much.” He caught Dan off guard he had no clue what to say.

“I don’t know what to say to that.”

“It’s ok I’m just messing with you.” Nate said giving him a smile.

Sparrow just sat there staring at the table feeling like this was the most awkward moment of her life ever and she didn’t know how to get out of it. She just wanted to get out.
Through out dinner the guys made small talk and Sparrow just kinda just sat there in silence. When they got back to Sparrow’s house Nate had to go home so they said there goodbyes and Dan went into Sparrow’s room to wait for her.

“That was the most awkward moment of my life.” She said walking into her room and sitting down on her bed.

“Can I just say he doesn’t trust you with me love.”

“No he doesn’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: The Consequence
* Ironically I'm watching The Departed right now.
* So my computer crashed and I thought I lost everything. Luckily I had everything, but the last two chapters on a USB port. So I need to rewrite the last two chapters.
* I still feel like nobody is read this story, which really sucks.
* What do you think about Dan and Nate meeting in this awkward situation?