Two Worlds

The Dance

"No." Riley and I said in unison when we saw Amanda in a hideous black dress she was trying on.

She groaned and looked up, "I am so tired. I've been looking for a dress since a month ago, and I still can't find the right one." She then pointed at me, "You didn't even have to look for one. You already have plenty of dresses standing in your closet... I envy your perfect body."

I smirked at Riley and shook my head. Riley sighed at Amanda, "Well.. We can't all be perfect like Maddy here."

I chuckled.

I've avoided the topic of Duke Robert around Riley... Because I feared he would go crazy again. Cause when you don't mention Robby around him, he's actually a really decent and nice human being.

The only problem I have is how to stop the spirit of Duke Richard possessing my friend.

And find out more about Elizabeth and Amelia's problem.

Amanda came out of the room with her mini skirt and t-shirt on and groaned. "I'm done... Might as well not even go to this dance... I can't even find one decent dress. I've been looking since September."

She sat down in between Riley and I and I thought about Ms. Teresa, the widowed old woman who works all the way in Cambridge. She always makes my dresses and she does an amazing job with it.

I looked at Riley, "Would you mind driving to Manchester?"

-->

In the car, Amanda sitting in the back seat asking, "Why are we driving all the way to Manchester?"

"You'll be surprised."

"Are there dresses in Manchester?"

"Just stay quiet, will you?" I shot back.

She crossed her arms and sighed.

After an hour of driving to Manchester, I told Riley to take a last turn to the right before arriving in front of Ms. Teresa's clothing store and I smiled.

I got out of the car and pulled Amanda from the back seat. She gave me a puzzled look, "Where are we?"

"To give you... the perfect dress. I don't know how I couldn't think it about it sooner, but it just popped into my head."

I walked into the store to hear the bells hanging up on the door ringing and then Aiden, Ms. Teresa's daughter, came out from the back door.

"Spencer! How are you, darling?"

I smiled and waved at her. "I am good." I went up to her and started, "I was wondering if you could finish a dress by this weekend. Before Saturday, perhaps?"

"It depends. What are you looking for?"

I looked at Amanda and grabbed her wrist. I continued, "Well... She has a dress crisis right now. She can't find a dress to go to the Christmas Black and White Dance. And she needs a black dress... immediately."

She nodded and looked at Amanda, "I'm sure we can do something. Would you mind coming with me?"

Amanda nodded at me with a puzzled look and I widened my eyes at her. She nodded then followed Aiden up the stairs. I went to sit back down with Riley, leaning against the window with him. The door behind the counter opened and it was Ms. Teresa... I smiled and waved at her. "Hi, Ms. Teresa!"

She looked up at me and smiled, "Hello..."

I chuckled to myself. She really didn't remember anything. I think Aiden told me she had alzheimer's disease once...

"Spencer." I replied.

"Oh, right. Sariah."

Riley chuckled, "Hello Sariah."

I hit his arm and then he stood up. "I'll be right back. I saw a sweet sports store nearby, I'm just gonna go look at it."

I nodded at him and he walked out of the store. I went up to Ms. Teresa and then leaned forward against the counter. "How are you doing, Ms. Teresa?"

She smiled at me again, "I'm doing just fine..."

And she forgets again.

"Maddy. If it makes it any easier." I replied. She then sighed in relief, "Ahh... Madison, correct?"

Alright, not bad.

Then she pointed at me, "Yes. Miss Madison."

I then coughed at her, "What did you just call me?"

"What dear?"

I slightly groaned and smiled, "It's fine."

I then started walking around the store to check out the clothes and after ten minutes, Amanda came back down clapping her hands.

"You." She started pointing at me. She continued, "You should've taken me here a long time ago. I officially announce you my best friend."

I smirked as she grabbed my arm to go towards the counter. Aiden came downstairs and behind the counter to the computer register. She started, "Miss Amanda here is a very easy customer. Her dress will be done by Thursday. Do you think you can come back?"

I looked at her and she immediately replied, "Yes. Totally. Of course. This is amazing."

Ms. Teresa continued to look at me and I just smiled, closing my eyes at her. Aiden started, "275 pounds. Gave you a discount since Spencer here is our regular customer."

Then Ms. Teresa started, "I thought her name was Madison."

Aiden looked at me and laughed, "She must like you if she remembers your name."

Amanda got out her money and handed Aiden more than what the actual cost of the dress was. As Aiden was getting her change, Amanda reached out in her bag again and pulled out Robby's picture. I immediately smiled as she started, "Here. You dropped this on the street when Riley had a strange possession. Figured you didn't want to lose it."

"Oh my god. I love you."

"Oh. Duke Robert, heh?" Ms. Teresa started. All three of us looked at her and I started, "Did you just say Duke Robert?"

Then she smiled at me with a guilty smile, "What did you just say dear?"

"Duke... Robert. You said... his name?" I asked slowly. She smiled again with the same face, "I don't recall."

I wanted to groan so bad.

Aiden laughed, "Forgive this mother of mine. She forgets what she says word after word sometimes."

"It's okay." I replied. Riley then came back with three bags in his hands and smiled, "This street... Is absolutely amazing. When we coming back?"

"Thursday evening." I replied. Amanda clapped her hands again and then I turned to Aiden, "I guess we'll see you Thursday then."

Aiden nodded, "Looking forward to it."

We all waved at her and then walked out of the room.

When Riley got in his car first, Amanda grabbed my wrist and started, "That lady asked you about Duke Robert. How on earth would she know who he is?"

That was the exact question running my mind right now.

-->

6 PM on Saturday night was the night that I was getting ready for the dance. I wore my white long dress and wore my hair down and curled it.

I always missed Mom when I was going to special events that involved wearing dresses and doing my hair. When I was younger, she always did those for me.

After I finished by 7 o'clock, Scott came in barging through the door. "Hey Spence. You ready?"

I smiled at him, "Yeah."

"Whoa. You look hideous."

I smirked and walked over to my bed to grab my pillow, then threw it hard at him. After I put on a small pair of earrings, he came up to me from behind to grab my shoulders. "Kidding. You look exactly like Mom."

I turned around to look at him, "I miss her."

"We all do, Spence."

I sighed and stood straight up, "Okay. Well, I gotta be off."

"Hmm... One more question."

"What?"

"Is there any way you can tell Duke Robert not to call you?"

I crossed my arms, "Sure. I will... Call him with my iPhone to that 1900s telephone and be like... Yo Duke... Please... Do not write in your diary today. Scott, if it was that easy, my life would be a lot easier. I don't wanna have headaches all the time."

He slightly laughed then I grabbed my bag and gray cardigan and waved at him. "I'll see you later tonight then."

Before I walked out of the door, I heard him say, "When you do go back... Please, always come back here."

I turned around, "Hmm?"

He smiled, "When you do ever go back... Don't ever think about staying there, please."

I looked at my brother.

He seemed so serious right now.

"I will be honest... I never thought staying there, but I never thought about stopping to go back either."

"I know. That's why I want you to know that living in 2011... Is where you belong. Don't ever forget that."

Just then I heard the doorbell ring and I started, "Riley and Amanda must be here."

"Have fun. Stay safe. And don't forget about what I said."

I grabbed Robby's diary out of the bag and then handed it to Scott. "Can you keep it for me? I don't think I'll be needing it today. I don't think he's gonna call me anytime soon."

He nodded as he grabbed the book out of my hands.

He waved at me as I walked downstairs. I saw Riley and Amanda's backs turned to me. When Sam saw me, he whistled, "Wheww! Look at my sister!"

Dad, Riley and Amanda turned around and Riley started, "Whoa."

Amanda chuckled, "Geez."

Dad began, "I think i might have to go with you guys. And bring binoculars."

I almost threw my bag at them but Scott came by me and brought my hand down. Riley came up to me and started, "Wow. You look amazing."

Amanda chuckled, "Doesn't she always? Today's just extra extraordinary."

I squinted my eyes at them and then waved at Dad. "I'll see you guys later tonight... Bye."

"Have fun Maddy. Stay safe." Dad concluded. Sam followed, "Bye Spencer!"

The three of us walked out of the door and Riley continued, "You still look amazing."

I pushed him in the arm and then we got into his car.

Well, I'm ready for a fun night.

-->

At the dance...

I have to say... I'd never gotten five different guys to ask me to dance with them in one night.

But yeah, that was amazing.

I went to get a drink by the foods table and then Riley came up to me. "So. The entire team is wondering if you're available."

He looked over to where his friends were, then I looked over. About four guys waved at me and I just smiled shyly at them. I turned back around and sighed, "Okay then."

He shrugged, "Who can blame them? You do look amazing."

"Thanks. For the 6th time... I think."

He laughed and then the fast upbeat fun song, changed into a slow song... And everyone was starting to grab partners. Amanda had started dancing with another guy from our class and then RIley and I met eyes.

He wandered his eyes around, "So... Would this pretty, lovely girl care to dance with me at all?"

I squinted my mouth at him and sighed, "Sure."

He held out his hand then I grabbed it, then he pulled me onto where everyone else was. He put his hands around my waist and started, "Please excuse me..."

I shook my head, "You are too polite."

He placed his hands on my waist then I wrapped my arms around his neck.

To be honest.

This was a little awkward.

I felt like I was dancing with Duke Richard.

Amanda, who was nearby us, took out her camera and took a picture of us. I shot two fingers up and smiled. When she went back to dancing, Riley and I just started laughing.

"You and Amanda would make a great couple." I started. He snickered, "Amanda and I? That girl and I can barely get along with each other. I can't think about dating her."

"You neverrrr know. The ones that don't get along, but go with each other everywhere... are the ones that always go for each other."

He snickered again, "Don't get any hopes up. Besides... I have someone else in mind."

The song ended and then I immediately pulled away from Riley. I bobbed my head around walking out of the dance floor to go back to the table, to drink my water.

A few minutes later... That sound came again.

The sharp sound of the doorway.

Okay.

Crap?

I looked at the time and it was 11:30 PM.

I closed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Was it actually calling for me now?

The dance ended at 1:30 in the morning, and it was calling for me now? I groaned so loudly. Amanda came up to me and smiled, "What's wrong with you?"

"I'm about to have another headache, that's what's wrong."

"Don't tell me your Duke already wrote in his diary."

"Okay. I won't tell you." I slightly joked. She grabbed my wrists and shook them, "Madison darling. Go home."

I sighed loudly, "I just... leave?"

"You're gonna have to." She stated. I gulped once and then groaned again, "Duke Robby. When I see you... I'm seriously going to kick your freaking butt for interrupting my teenage life... Hmph!"

Amanda smiled, "I'll go drop you off."

I grabbed her hands, "Nah. It's fine. You just stay here... I'll text you when I get back. It's probably going to be a few hours."

She nodded then I waved at her. I saw Riley talking with his friends, and then my head began to have a slight headache... Because the sharp sound was getting louder.

"Tell Riley... I got food poisoning or something."

She nodded and shot the okay hand, "Got it."

I nodded then quickly walked out of the school. I quickly ran back home, freezing because I only had a gray sweater cardigan on and a strapless dress.

You would guess it'd be cold.

I ran quickly as I could back home because the sound was getting louder... Then when I arrived in front of my house, I stopped to pant for at least ten seconds. Then the sound began hurting my head and I yelled, "Oww!"

~ Duke Robert ~

After writing in the additional entry, all I could do now, was wait. I seated myself at the table nearby the door, only to wait for Madison.

Just then Elizabeth came down to see what was going on. She smiled at me and began, "Will Miss Madison be arriving soon?"

I nodded in reply, "She should. I have written in journal. Should be momentarily."

Elizabeth stood there waiting, and I looked at her. I felt so much pity that she had to be the mistress of Uncle. Uncle already had a spouse of his own, much older than her and Elizabeth was too kind to deserve this kind of karma.

If my feelings for Maddy hadn't grown so much, I would have turned to Elizabeth. But at this point, it's going to be quite impossible.

Maddy is the most amazing human being I've ever met in my life.

Not only the face of an angel, but also the heart of an angel.

The more I wrote in the journal, the more I wasted time of her coming here. I wished we could meet in our dreams again, just once more...

I took out her wrist watch and admired it. It was very valuable to her because her mother had given it to her at her death bed.

"Does that belong to Miss Madison?" Elizabeth began. I nodded in reply, "Indeed. It's quite admirable, don't you think?"

"May I see, Duke Robert?"

I nodded in reply then held out the watch to her.

All of a sudden, she began getting a headache. And she stumbled, falling right on top of me.

~ End ~

I breathed heavily as it got louder and louder, then I walked into the front door. Dad and Sam were still in the same place, and they gave me a very puzzled look when I came through the door. Dad started, "What are you doing back? I thought you said 2 in the morning."

"I gotta go."

"Go where?" Sam asked. I pointed at him, "I will explain later. But right now... I have a big headache."

Okay. That might've made it more confusing, but I just really had to go.

Dad came up and grabbed my arm, "Madison. Where are you going?"

Scott then came downstairs with the diary in his hands, "Dad... Can I get your phone... I need to call Spence..." He looked up and jumped a little when he called. He held out the diary to me, "I'm guessing you got the memo?"

"You read?"

"Another entry added, sis."

I sighed loudly, "I gotta go."

"Hurry. Your head's gonna hurt." Scott stated. I nodded then looked back at Dad and Sam, who looked so confused right now. I continued, "I said... I'll explain. Right now, I gotta go."

I ran to the basement and quickly ran in front of the doorway, to see it brightly shining and the sharp sound getting so loud. Before my head could hurt anymore, I placed my hands on the wall and then it brought be back to the Buckingham Palace.

To see something that I did not want to see.

Elizabeth and Robby... On top of each other? On the floor.

Robby quickly pushed Elizabeth off and she fell backwards on the ground. Her face was so pale... She looked so sick.

I went up to her and grabbed her arms, "Are you okay?"

She slightly nodded and smiled, "How do you do Miss Madison? My apologies for not greeting you in the former way. I had just felt a little sick."

I helped her get up and she stood up straight. I replied, "I'm good. And don't worry about greeting me, I'm fine."

I grabbed her hands and continued, "You're okay though, right?"

"I am much more well, thank you Miss Madison."

She stood straight then I awkwardly turned back around to Robby. I slightly waved at him, "Hey."

He looked at me... for a very long time. He just stared at my face and had a very frozen look to him.

"Bloody."

Bloody?

What the heck did that mean? Wait. Bloody hell... Bloody.

Maybe that's what it was.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head and nodded, "You look... extravagant."

"Thanks."

Elizabeth then began talking, "Will you like me to begin, Duke Robert?"

He held out his hand and then came up to me to grab my wrist. He looked at me more and smiled, "No. This will do."

I looked back and forth between both of them, with a very puzzled look. Robby smiled, "You look perfect."

"She will wear this to the ball? It's quite..." Elizabeth started. Robby interrupted, "It's perfect. Besides, she's an American."

I raised an eyebrow at him and sighed, "Ball?"

"The invitation you received from Uncle and Father. The Grand Ball. You will be attending and you will arrive upon there with me."

I nodded my head slowly, "Cool."

He smiled and pulled my bangs out of the way. He placed his hands on my shoulders and I took them off, feeling pity for Elizabeth. I slightly frowned at him and looked away.

Why the heck were Robby and Elizabeth on top of each other?

Not cool.

-->

What I learned about 1902.

When their ball starts at 7 at night.... Guests begin coming at 2 in the afternoon. Because their cars are probably so slow to get here...

So Robby and I had to walk down before 3 in the afternoon.

"You expect me to keep this on?" I started. He nodded, "It looks perfect on you."

"Aren't you not supposed to show any skin?"

"Yes. But it makes the exception that Americans are much more different."

I sighed, "I don't Americans showed any skin in 1902 as well."

Robby and I were waiting in the second dressing room, on the second... third... or fourth? floor. I honestly had no idea what floor, I don't know how this palace works out for me.

What I do know was that I was upset with Robby... for not explaining why he was on top of Elizabeth.

"The look in your eyes is staring upon me very still. Are you... okay?"

I frowned at him and looked away, crossing my arms. I heard him sigh and then he walked up in front of me.

"Is this about Elizabeth?"

I turned around to have my back face him again, and once again, he walked up in front of me.

"Elizabeth looked ill so I had to help her. There was a bit of an accident, and that's when you came through that doorway. Nothing occurred. Just an accident."

Was it possible that I was getting jealous of Elizabeth and Robby?

I wanted to slap myself.

No.

You can't get jealous.

You can't.

But why couldn't I control my feelings?

I continued to cross my arms and pouted my mouth at him, "Why are you telling me? Not like I wanna know."

"Then why would you be upset with me?"

"I'm not upset."

"You are."

I sighed and turned around to have my back face him again. He came up to me from behind and breathed heavily, "Madison. I don't know whether you care or not... But I want you to know that I feel nothing for Elizabeth. If I feel something... I feel it for..."

Then Elizabeth came through the door and slightly gasped. Robby sighed... From what I heard, sound like the opposite of relief. He sounded he was angry.

"What Elizabeth?"

Elizabeth looked down, "King Edward and Prince Alfred expect your arrival with Miss Madison in the next minutes."

He motioned Elizabeth to come in and then walked to the door. He turned around to look at me, "I have to go in a different changing room. It will not look well if we walk out of the same dressing room. We will meet on top of the stairway of the entrance."

I nodded and slightly smiled. He turned around once more then continued, "We'll continue our discussion further. Don't forget my first words."

He then walked out and closed the door. I looked down and slightly smiled.

He didn't finish his sentence.

I don't feel anything for Elizabeth. If I felt anything... I feel it for....

Ugh.

I hate history and the politeness sometimes.

-->

So many people were looking at me... during this... ball.

But I felt weird being here... I was in the same exact dress and a special event, but it felt like people were looking at me, like I was wearing something too exposable.

Such a different atmosphere from the christmas dance at school.

After Robby talked to a few people... They began looking at me with a nicer look. He must've told them my story of being an American.

Were Americans exposable?

I don't think so?

Just then, I heard someone cough and turned around to see Riley... I mean, Duke Richard.

I smiled and slightly bowed my head at him. He bowed back at me and began, "Quite extravagant today, Miss Madison."

"Thank you very much, Duke Richard." I replied smiling.

I looked out onto where everyone was dancing... And it was still a fast song. All the women were dancing so cute.

So polite.

So former.

Duke Richard came very close to me and I slightly jumped. He chuckled, "Miss Madison."

"Yes?"

"When there is a song for partners, will you do the honor and dance with me?"

I looked at him and he still had that look on him. I gulped once and then he continued, "If a woman already has one partner, she must dance with that partner the entire night."

What kind of rule was that?

"If that law existed, then she would have to be with me the entire night." I heard Robby from behind. He came up to me and then looked at Duke Richard, "After all. She is with me."

Duke Richard's hands formed into fists then he walked off. I looked after him and then back at Robby, "That was... Not nice."

"Well. He's not a... Nice person. I treat others as they treat me."

I shook my head and looked away.

I secretly admired the way the girls were dancing. It was so cute. They looked like they were enjoying it. They were linking arms and going back and forth.

"Are you enjoying the dance?" Robby asked. I slightly smiled, "It's really cute. I wanna know how to dance like that."

Just then, I felt someone behind me. When I turned around, I slightly jumped when I saw King Edward.

He smiled at me and I took three steps backwards, in order to bow at him. He replied to my bow by nodding and grabbed my hand. He kissed my hand once and I wanted to puke.

Ew.

"May it be my honor, that my dear Madison looks extravagant tonight."

I nodded at him and smiled shyly, "Thank you."

I slowly pulled my hand out and he looked at Robby, "Take good care of her, Nephew. Otherwise, she will be taken care by other men who are worth it."

Whoa.

Harsh.

King Edward smiled at me again and then walked off. I looked at Robby, who looked so pissed off right now.

He started, "You enjoy this too much."

"Enjoy what?"

"Disturbing my head. You're always smiling by all the compliments you receive from Richard and Uncle. But when it's me, you put on a frown."

"It's cause I have to? You're the one who wanted me to go to this thing. I was perfectly fine staying at the dance at my school."

"Well... I apologize for interrupting your time in your world." He concluded and walked off.

I scratched my head and sighed loudly.

Ugh.

Reconcile time.

I followed him, as he went outside and towards the side of the door. I started, "Okay what is wrong with you? You get worked up way to easily when your Uncle and your brother are near me?"

He turned away and then I went up in front of him, "So it's fine to get mad at me when I do nothing, and I can't get mad at you for being under Elizabeth?"

He grabbed my wrists hard and exclaimed, "I told you that Elizabeth and I are nothing. She means nothing to me. She is just a servant."

"Okay. I get it... I'm fine with that. But why get pissed off at me when I do nothing? I'm pretty sure you know that I don't enjoy your uncle kissing my hand."

He let go of my wrists and began walking off... Man...

It was dark.

I could barely see anything.

I saw him cross his arms and he sighed, "I don't like... Any men being around you."

Hmm.

Jealousy, perhaps?

Then why doesn't he just say it?

"Are you jealous? Because if you are, you can say it. I don't really like guys getting jealous and then randomly being mad at me. It makes me frustrated."

"I'm not jealous." He said. I snickered, "Yeah. You're not jealous of me, and I'm not jealous of you and Elizabeth. We're even... Can we go back to being friends now?"

He quickly walked up to me and began, "When are you going to realize that our relationship is not only friendship? When will you realize that the only person I have had feelings for in my entire life... Is you!"

My heart just stopped beating.

He grabbed my face and then all of a sudden, leaned in to kiss me.

Our lips touched.

Holy crap.

I was kissing a Duke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I disappeared for a week... Finals came up so I couldn't write. Anyways, I wrote a super duper long chapter and spent like days working on it because I wanted it to be long... so

Comments please! :D <3

Thanks very much <3 <3