Status: Complete!!

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden

Chapter 23

Kassidy's P.O.V.

“Oh my God Kass; you look incredible,” Alanna gushed as I showed her my dress. It was a simple halter-top, knee length dress; a metallic silver color with hints of blue in the waist. She’d drug me all over town to find a dress for the dance, and she looked amazing in a soft pink one with a sweetheart neckline with a kind of A-line skirt. She looked like a princess, with her long hair curled softly and her makeup done to perfection.

“Shut up – have you looked in the mirror yet?” I asked, and she rolled her eyes at me. She’d done my hair too, and I’d managed to do my makeup without screwing it up.

“Just take a compliment and keep your mouth shut,”

By the time there was a knock on the front door I was nearly shaking with nerves. Alanna’s older sister answered the door, and hollered up at us that our dates were here. Immediately a blush was on Alanna’s cheeks – Eric had the ability to do that to her. I liked Jesse, but it wasn’t anything like what was going on between Alanna and Eric. I told myself that it just hadn’t been long enough for us to get really close, but something kept nagging at me.

“Wow,” both of the guys stared as we came downstairs, making us blush.

“You look beautiful,” Jesse assured me, taking my hand softly.

“Thanks – you don’t look so bad yourself,” I smiled, and got one in return before we headed out to the car. Jesse drove, and Eric and Alanna couldn’t keep their eyes off of each other in the backseat.

The dance was already going pretty good when we got there, and I immediately felt self-conscious as we walked in the door. Every girl I saw looked like she’d stepped off of the front page of a magazine, and then there was me.

“Do you want to dance?” Jesse asked, and I nodded. We danced for a few songs, and when we went back to our table saw that Alanna and Eric had effectively disappeared.

We talked for a while, before Rachel – the head of the girl’s Volleyball team – came up and asked Jesse to dance. I nodded and shooed him, wanting him to have fun. He reluctantly went with her, and I wasn’t surprised when I saw her running her hands up and down his arms and whispering in his ear, but I was kind of glad he was trying to keep her at a friendly distance. That’s just how Jesse was, he always knew how to act or what to say, and it was comfortable. But somehow I couldn’t just be happy with comfortable and I hated that fact. I wanted to have more feelings for him, but for some stupid reason I didn’t. I sighed and took another drink of my punch, wondering what was wrong with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is slowly coming to a close... there's only two chapters left after this one!! It's a kind of bittersweet thing - I'm happy you guys get to finally see how it ends but, then it's over :(

let me know what you're thinking!!