Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Poets.

"So wait? Roger punched some guy in the face 'cause he asked to buy you a drink?" I asked, reaching my hand into the popcorn bowl that David and I were sharing. Syd was packing his stuff and leaving, heading to his new girlfriend's house. We called it off on good terms, staying friends and hoping that bygones could be bygones.

"And then, your dad...well, he kind of just told his lady friend that you were just 'a friend'?" I inquired, looking deeply into the bowl, finding only kernels. I shook the bowl at David, who chuckled cutely and nodded.

"Yeah! Like what the hell, Cheryl?! Men suck! Can I come over and have a sleep over? Will you kick out David onto the couch?" She whimpered, begging me basically.
"Yeah yeah yeah...get your ass over here!" I hung up after saying bye and looked at David.

"I don't mind. I'm used to sleeping on the couch by now..." David kissed my forehead and smiled.
"She's the only girl friend I have that doesn't completely hate me. After Gabrielle came to London and cheated on Rick, she's been a total bitch to me." I sighed and tried to smile.

Minutes later, Nicole arrived with her favorite movie and a few joints. David, Nicole and I sat in the living room, smoking a big fat joint and spoke about the good old days. I missed being a kid sometimes. Just going to concerts, staying up late and getting in trouble every now and then.

"I wish a concert would happen soon. Like a HUGE one. With so many bands, we'd have to stay for days! And not wash and do drugs and get drunk!" I shouted, getting up and jumping around.
"Now c'mon baby! You can't have all of that!"

"That's what you think!" I kissed David, and high fived Nicole, who thought the idea was amazing.

"Think of like...Jimi Hendrix...or like Janis Joplin! Or both! And...Bob Dylan maybe...or Joan Baez." I began daydreaming of a huge concert.

Little did I know, in a matter of four years, there would be a concert exactly as how I described it.