Sequel: Wish You Were Here.

Band on the Run.

Hello World, I'm Your Wild Girl

Her mother acted extremely happy that I was there; I bet Cheryl had the same problem I did when I first moved here. Nobody wanted to talk to me except Syd, who was the greatest guy ever. He was very sweet; I was delighted to hear that he and Cheryl had met. When I got to looking at her I realized that they would make a beautiful couple.

I loved when she told me that she thought Roger was a jerk, very few girls at school agreed with me. They all thought every little thing he did was pure gold, about time somebody else saw through him. I was ashamed to say that I sort of had a crush on him though; I didn’t want to tell Cheryl. I wasn’t sure how she’d react to it since whatever he had told her had obviously freaked her out a bit.

“So kiddo,” I call her just to make her mad, “what do you do around here for fun?”

She shrugs “Not much to do except listen to records.”

I sighed, if only I had a joint. Then again I wasn’t sure if she did that so maybe it was a good thing I didn’t. I decided to ask her if she’d ever smoked grass.

“Once.” She answered looking down at her feet. I bit my lip, “You wanna do it again?”

Her eyes lit up “Man, I’ve wanted someone to ask me that forever! I didn’t want to smoke alone again but I didn’t want this bad boy to go to waste!” She pulls a fat joint out of a box under her bed.

I smiled “That’s fantastic.” We lit it up and put on an Elvis record, it would only be a few years until we were doing the same thing in this very room only listening to the Beatles instead. But at the time we were just happy because we were high and we were high because we were happy with each other’s company regardless of how awful Elvis is to get stoned to.

Her mother didn’t suspect that we’d been up to anything when we ran down into the kitchen hysterically laughing at nothing.

“Mom we got any cookies?” Cheryl asked her mother as she looked through the cabinets and I poured us something to drink. Her mom shook her head, “You need to get ready for dinner anyway. Is your friend staying for dinner?”

“I don’t know,” Cheryl looks over her shoulder at me, “Are you staying to eat Nicole?”

“No thank you, I gotta get going anyway. I’ve got some stuff to do.”

Cheryl shrugged “Okay, suit yourself! I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”

We said our goodbyes and I headed back to the park knowing that Roger would be there still for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Oh there’s Nicole again!” Roger exclaims as he walks towards me with his arms open, I could see Syd behind him waving at me. I waved at him before hitting Roger in the stomach.

“What’d you tell her Roger?” I asked him, my high was wearing off already.

“Who?” He tried to give me an innocent look but he just ended up looking more devious.

“You know who asshole!”

His eyes widened, “I didn’t say anything bad. I was just messing around with her.”

“Well I don’t think she took it that way Roger!”

“Why do you care? You don’t really have a crush on her do you?” He rolled his eyes; I tackled him to the ground. He moaned and we rolled around until he was on top of me.

“Well, we both knew this is where we were getting at anyway.” He tries to kiss me and I slap him. I push him off of me and sit up.

“Why would you tell her that Roger? You know I’m not like that, it was just that one girl.” I sounded more hurt than mad.

He sighs “Okay, don’t go crying on me Nicole. I was only teasing her! I know it was only once but you have to admit it was pretty saucy.”

I laughed, geez one minute I hated him and the next I didn’t. Why couldn’t I just hate him? Life was so much easier that way. “It was saucy, but still. I finally made a friend, a friend who’s a girl!”

He sighs, “Okay I’m sorry! I’ll still tease you though! You can’t make me not do that.”

“Okay.” For the time being I didn’t hate him, but it was only a matter of time until he started teasing me again so I punched him in the gut and left.