Status: Writing :)

Faithfully

.03

I froze in shock, even though he had spoken in a playful tone, I was mortified that he knew I hadn’t even paid attention to his name, nonetheless anything else about him. How had I missed that tidbit that I was marrying a King? That made me a Queen; I should have caught that at some point. “Shit,” was all I could force out, unfortunately but fortunate enough, he laughed at my response. “I feel sick all over again.”

“You’re going to be fine,” he smiled and slipped his hands under my arms and gripped my waist. He lifted me up out of the carriage like I was as light as a feather and sat me down carefully beside him on my feet as gently as I had been made of glass.

“Wow,” I breathed, looking up into his face, stunned yet turned on. “You’re strong.”

“Thank you,” he smirked, pleased with the compliment. He took my hand and we walked together into the reception area. It was a large ballroom filled with tables, chairs, food tables, a DJ station and a big table that I assumed was ours because it was wall to wall length, fit for a King and his Queen. Everything was Greens and Gold’s; people were already stuffed into the hall and shouting at us and smiling.

“James,” I whispered once we sat down. “I have to use the bathroom, where is it?”

“My sister will show you where it is,” he nodded and gestured towards a blonde woman, apparently his sister.

Frankly, his sister is a bitch.

She didn’t speak the whole journey to the bathroom, and when I thanked her, she rolled her eyes. Betty and Hazel had joined me, to hold my dress while I peed. “Girl,” Betty sighed softly. “Your hubby is so damn fine.”

“He looks like he’s gonna eat me every time he looks at me,” I laughed nervously as I bit my lip. “God he’s so freaking hot, B.”

“I’d never end the honeymoon,” Hazel muttered dreamily. “Grace, never, ever end that honeymoon. Promise me!”

“We’re living vicariously through you with this one instead of it being the other way around like it’s always been,” Betty laughed at what I used to tell her details, do it plenty and I want a picture of him shirtless whenever she knew she was doing the deed with a guy she’d been with. I laughed and silently tinkled while they held the dress up and when I stood up after finishing, we all washed our hands and just stood there.

“I’m married to a King that looks like a God,” I paused and swiped my hair out of my face. “He’s so handsome and so far, extremely sweet.”

“Do you guys have to wear this medieval dress crap all the time?” Hazel asked what we all noticed. Our dresses and the men’s attire were from the renaissance era. “I mean, he’d look sexy in a parka but really?”

“I’ll ask but I think I remember my dad saying they wear dress clothes like the old style at ceremonies and royal outings,” I shrugged my shoulders carelessly. “I don’t mind it, I kind of like the old style crap.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm getting feedback. That's good! Feel free to send me inboxes, comments, subscriptions and banners if you feel like it. I like putting banners in each note box because it gives you an idea of who your in the shoes of while your reading the story. You know?

I also changed the character playing Grace, I felt she needed to at least seem Irish (red hair) in my opinion.

Like I said, feel free to comment, subscribe, inbox me and of course send banners.

Thank you!

Image