Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

Reunited.

It was the day of the masquerade and we were all getting ready.
"Katelyn, what the hell! We're leaving in less than an hour and you're not even dressed." Damien scolded me as I finished up my makeup.
"Hey all I need is to put on my dress and I'm ready to go." I said
"Well then what are you waiting for," he said. I got up and went to the bathroom to change into my strapless bra. I then slipped into my dress, and zipped it up. I loved it the only thing I wasn't digging was I had to wear my toms. . But I knew there was no arguing about it. I walked out and back to our room we had all our things packed and on our beds because after tonight we might not be coming back. Actually we'd be sleeping somewhere else.
"You know that really is the perfect dress for you," Travis said
"Thank you," I said
"Katelyn, help!" I looked up and around with wide eyes only to see Blake didn't know how to tie his tie.
"You scared me," I slapped his arm.
"Sorry," Blake said as I tied his tie.
"It's okay," I said and I fixed his jacket. "Looking good, Blakester don't know what royal's going to be able to hold back."
He winked and I laughed.
"You know this could be the last time we get to really hang out," I said
"Then let's make it a night to remember," Blake said
"Promise me that if one of us bonds tonight then we won't let it affect us," I said
"My dear partner in crime, we are family I wouldn't do that." He said and I smiled.
"We should take pictures," I said getting my I phone out I clicked the timer app
"Alright everyone get in the picture," Blake said as I set the phone up. I look up and smiled they were just standing in a straight line side by side.
"Julian fix your tie, Damien tuck it in, Eddie switch spots with Adrian. Alright now smile," I said as I pushed the button and ran into place right in between Travis and Blake. "Okay and now a goofy one."
"Goofy?" Damien asked
"Yeah like not so serious? You know stick your tongue out, make the dumb duck face, give the person next to you ears," I said and they just looked at each other. I just smiled and rolled my eyes. I hit the button and ran into place but before I could pose they picked me up so it looked like I was laying on my side. I only had a stupid smile on the whole time. They then put me down.
"No matter what happens guys, we will always be family," I said
"We have to go now," Travis said and I grabbed my phone as we started walking out.
I was excited but nervous at the same time. Mathew had said that there was a possibility that we could be split up depending on who bonds or not.
When we exited the gates, we walked out of the parking lot only to have a Limousine waiting for us.
"Where's Jacks team?" I asked
"They already left," Travis said.
"Well that's nice," I said
On the ride there I took more pictures with the guys but mostly with Blake. We drove up a hill, and the building was a bit plain. We all started to put our masks on.
"Wait till you see the inside," Travis said, "The reason we host all big events here is because it's easy to keep up on security."
I nodded my head, we pulled to a stop but nobody made a move until the door was opened for us. We got out one by one, I got out last right after Damien. It was like a red carpet event, the flash of all the cameras was overwhelming. How was this safe? I was going to just walk right by but Travis grabbed me by my elbow.
"Just pose for at least a couple pictures, don't worry we have to approve of everything anyways." Travis said then I smiled next to Travis. Just stood there for a couple flashes and then walked away.
"I think I'm blind," I said as I linked arms with Travis and he chuckled.
"I wish I could say you get use to it but you don't," Travis said
"Well that's always encouraging." I said The inside was a girls dream come true. This is where a girl wants to get married at. We walked in and I noticed my team and Jacks team just stood by the wall.
"There are so many people here," Daniel said
"Don't tell me you guys are nervous," I said but they stayed quiet. "Do I have to bring the party to you guys?"
"Probably," Adrian said
"What party?" Eddie said
"Oh come on you guys sound like a bunch of babies," I said but they just ignored me. "Okay but you can't say I didn't warn you."
I walked over to a group of gals, who just seemed wrapped up in their conversations.
"Excuse me, I'm really sorry to bother you guys but I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out." I asked and they just got quiet but gave a slight nod.
"Well first off I'm Katelyn, and you see those guys over there," I said pointing towards the wall, "They're having a hard time adjusting, so I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me pull them out to dance."
"What if they say no," The girl with golden brown hair said
"They can't say no, they're just nervous trust me." I said
"We'll I'm a little embarrassed just to go over there and ask," A girl with dark brown hair said
"Oh come on this could be that special adventure we were talking about." A girl with Light brown hair said "Plus they're Custos this could be there last time relaxing."
"Alright, I guess," Golden brown hair said and before I knew it they were walking over to the boys. I went over to another group of girls to get the rest of the boys to dance and they did. When I looked over there was only one boy left, except he was from Jack's team. I walked over to him.
"You cheated," He said
"What?" I asked and he grabbed my hand and took me out to the dance floor. He leaned in to whisper into my ear.
"You used persuasion." He said
"No I didn't," I said with all seriousness
"It's harder to persuade a Custos than it is a Royal," He said
"Doesn't mean that I used persuasion," I said
"I could see it in their minds." He said
"Oh so your Adam, the one that can read royals minds." I said
"Also the one, who like you, can't communicate telepathically." he said
"Well that's good, no offense. I wouldn't want the guys to know those girls were persuaded to go dance with them." I said and he just glanced around. "So how are you holding up?"
"What do you mean?" he asked
"You know the reading a royals mind." I said
"I do feel a bit overwhelmed. Who knew that peoples thoughts could be so loud," He said
"I'm sorry to hear," I said and he smiled
"It's okay, plus I can tell you who's thinking about you right now," Adam said
"Who?" I asked
"Overall there's three of them that actually know your name," He said
"Oh come on tell me all the details," I said
"One of them goes by the name Leah, you're like her hero. Then there's Leah's brother. Then there's Jenkins, he wants to know where you got your dress at. " Adam explained and I laughed.
"Speaking of which, see if you can find anyone thinking about the initials F.L." I asked
"F L? Just the letters?" he asked
"Yeah or if somebody is thinking about what it stands for." I said and he just glance around.
"Damien just bonded," Adam said and I looked around and saw that Damien still had his mask on.
"No he didn't," I said and I looked back at Adam.
"Sorry I can't tell the difference between a Royals imagination and what they're actually seeing.
"That's the catch," I said and he nodded.
"Can I get everyone's attention please," A lady said from the stage, "I would like to ask that everyone have a seat, dinner will be served now."
"Where do we sit?" I asked Adam as he guided me.
"To the two front tables, that say reserved for us.
"Oh right," I said. The tables were set up so that we were facing everyone else. "Awkward."
I sat down next to Adam and Damien.
"So what's for Dinner," Julian asked anyone in general.
"What does it matter, whatever it is you know you have to eat it," Damien said
"Someone's a little grouchy," Blake said
"Was it the girl you were with," I asked and me and Adam laughed.
"Because she sure had an imagination." Adam said and we continued to laugh.
"Do I even want to know," Jack said.
"Who cares I didn't know that stingy had a smell to it," one of the guys from Jack's team said
"Are you sure it was stingy Landon and not an overuse of perfume and cologne," Jack said and we laughed.
"Hey are you doubting my judge of smells," Landon said
"No but I'm definitely judging their taste of food," Blake said as a plate of glop was set out in front of us.
"I thought they were high class," I said
"What did they have to make some budget cuts," Julian said and we all laughed
"Guys we might want to take it easy, I don't think the Royals are happy about our opinions," Adam said that's when Mathew walked over.
"Are you guys enjoying yourselves?" Mathew said with a look in his eye
"Is that a trick question?" I asked hesitantly.
"You guys are suppose to be looking at Royals seeing if you bond with anyone." Mathew said
"We know, we were just hungry, or not," I said remembering the food.
"Just making sure you guys didn't forget what your priorities are." Mathew said and he walked away. We started laughing when he was gone, but before I knew it only me and Adam were laughing. I saw Blake get up. He started walking away from our table and he took off his mask. It seemed like it happened in slow motion, as he walked towards a boy maybe about 16 years old. The boy took off his mask and there was an applause and another chair was brought so that Blake could sit at that table. Soon after everybody went back to their own business but it was still quiet at our table.
I didn't know what to think, I just saw my partner in crime find his purpose in life. Not once did he glance over here. What was it like? I mean suddenly a complete stranger becomes more important than us, family.
"Try not to let your disappointment show on your face." Damien said
"Pfft disappointment, I'm happy for Blake," I said out loud then whispered, "That obvious."
"Oh yeah," Damien said.
"Well at least we still have each other, right Damien," I said and he didn't respond. "Damien?"
I saw him get up but then he sat down.
"I got you good didn't I?" Damien said
"That's not funny," I said and laughed at Adams face when he took a bite from his food.
"This is so gross its good," Adam said and we just laughed. I stopped laughing when Damien grabbed my hand. I was going to say something but then I saw Eddie get up and take off his mask. I didn't even look to see where he went.
Just like that our team was being split up.
"I know now isn't the best time but are you going to eat that?" Adam asked and I just looked at him.
"Really?" Jack said to him
"I'm telling you it's so nasty it's good." Adam said I just smiled and switched plates with him.
"Have you been making eye contact with any Royals," Damien said
"No," I said suddenly interested in my plate.
"Just try, look up and look around. We can do this together." He said and we both looked up and around. I made eye contact with a couple of people. I stopped when I saw someone from Jack's team get up and go.
"Oh lord," I said looking at Damien. He then looked back at me.
"You can fight someone and not be a little girl but when it comes to this you're practically having a meltdown." Damien said
"It's because with something like that all I can do is sleep it off but after this I really won't have anybody. You guys make life bearable," I said and Damien sighed and looked away
"You just have-" he started and he froze. He slowly got up and then he smiled.
"Really two times in a row you think that's going to work," I said and Damien took off his mask and I felt my stomach drop with his mask. He walked away and towards a girl who looked older than me. I looked to my right and saw Julian, Adrian and Daniel left.
"Hey guys come closer," I said and they scooted over. Then some guy came over with Mathew.
"Can I offer you guys a drink; a margarita, scotch on the rocks, or do you guys have anything specific on your mind." The man said and I just eyed Mathew.
"Is this a test?" I asked
"No, we know how it feels personally to be going through this and a little alcohol won't hurt if anything it'll sooth your sour face expressions." Mathew said
"I don't drink though, no you know what this will be the last time we ever get to drink right?" I asked Mathew
"Yes but just don't get crazy," Mathew said
"Alright, um well what's good? No you know what just surprise me." I said and I started to question my decision when the rest of the boys declined.
"Loosen up," Adam said
"Easier said than done. Just tell me what the royals have to say about me," I said putting my hands on the table "Can you guys just not make anymore eye contact at least until dessert."
"You know we can't and you should be looking around yourself." Jack said
"Alright I will after my drink comes," I said and a drink was placed in front of me.
"Your wish is my command," Daniel said making a gesture towards my drink. I grabbed it and took a sip from the straw. Then I saw another guy from Jack's team get up and leave. I took off the straw and just started to drink straight from the cup.
"Can I get you another drink?" The man asked
"Is this strong?" I asked and the waiter gave me the so-so sign "Alright then hit me with your strongest."
"Whoa slow down there I wouldn't want you to have a mental breakdown in front of every Royal with in this area." Julian said
"Who cares what's one night," I said and Julian pat my back
"Close your eyes," Julian said and I heard an applause.
"Who was it this time?" I asked
"Adrian," Julian said
"Why couldn't it have been more people from Jack's team. No offense," I said
"None taken," Adam said. And the guy walked over with a bottle and a shot glass with salt and lemon.
"Does anybody, want to take a shot with me?" I asked and they all just shook their head. "Alright hit me."
The man poured me a shot.
"Okay I've never done this so how do you do it?"
"Swallow it don't savor it, and when you do breath, breath from your nose, also when you're done suck the lemon," He said
"Here goes nothing," I said and took the shot. "It's like fire is running down my throat."
"That's one way to describe it," The man said
"Give me another one," I said
"Are you sure?" The man asked
"I'm a Custos my alcohol resistance is higher," I said then looked at Julian, "It is increased right?"
"I would assume so," Julian replied, "But doesn't mean you can get crazy."
"I won't," I said
We sat there as dessert was being serve I had already taken 5 more shots. I felt fine but I was scared that at any moment Julian or Daniel would be getting up. Two more guys from Jack's team had left leaving only Jack, Adam and Landon. I did look around making sure to make eye contact with everyone at a table before looking at the next one. I started to get worried that maybe I had already bonded but when I looked down at my wrist, I still had an ugly scar.
"Then there was 6," I said.
"At least," Julian started
"Don't even say it because you'll jinx it." I said
"Okay," Julian said
"What if I'm the only one left here by the end of the night," I said
"You won't be," Adam said and I saw Daniel get up.
"Oh God I think I'm going to be sick," I said
"Do you need to go to the bathroom or something," Julian said
"No, I think I need another shot. Waiter!" I called out.
"No, no, no. No more for you just relax okay," Adam said
"All by myself, don't want to be, all by myself," I started to sing but then Julian covered my mouth as he let out a nervous laugh
"What are you doing," He asked
"I think you lied when you said Custos had a higher alcohol resistance." Adam said
"mmmm" I tried to say but Julian's hand was still covering my mouth
"What?" Julian said and moved his hand
"I'm not drunk," I said and I saw a women walk over.
"Julian!" She said and she hugged him from over the table.
"Mom, I'd like you to meet Katelyn, Adam, Jack, and Landon," Julian said
"You are so lucky Julian's mom, You are lucky that you get to see your son here tonight. Unfortunately my mom couldn't be here, but you know what it's okay," I started but Adam pulled me back down.
"I'm sorry about that she's just not feeling good," Adam said.
"Oh it's okay," Julian's mom said and she continued to talk to Julian.
"Maybe I should take you to Mathew," Adam said
"Nonsense, this night is great. We are in a beautiful place with apparently food that's so gross its good. I did my makeup which I think is looking fabulous and I got the dress I wanted from a complete stranger." I said
"I would say you need a drink but it's obvious you've had way to many. I think I'm going to go get Mathew." Adam said getting up.
"No, please don't it's bad enough already just let it be plus I feel fine," I said
"Okay but please contain yourself." Adam said
"Everything is going to be fine, Katelyn," Jack said with a small smile.
"What's going to happen after this," I said
"Well maybe we should discuss this later," Landon suggested.
"Good Idea," Adam said
"Do you need a hug," Julian asked
"I'm fine I'll control myself I swear." I said and that's when I noticed people were beginning to waltz again.
"Come on let's go," Adam said taking me to go dance.
"What if you bond and you just leave me here," I said
"I don't think I'm going to bond," He said as we were dancing
"Why?" I asked
"Katelyn, it's really rare for someone to have a special and bond with someone,"
"Oh man so odds are it'll just be you, Landon, and me huh?" I said
"Probably but look at Mathew he doesn't have a specialty and he didn't bond." He explained.
"There's a guy that wants to dance with you," Adam said
"Who?" I asked
"He's walking over," Adam smirked
"Oh god don't let him take me away, I probably smell like alcohol. Breathe check." I said breathing in Adams face.
"Definitely alcohol, but you'll be fine," He said and he let me go as a boy about my age asked me if he could dance with me and of course Adam obliged.
"Hello," The boy said as we began to dance but he got awfully close. " You don't remember me do you?"
"I'm sorry," I said shaking my head
"We actually weren't properly introduced, I'm Leah's brother, Tristan," He said
"Oh right," I said
"Can I be honest with you," He said
"I'd actually prefer it," I said
"There is something about you that interests me." He said and I laughed
"How old are you?" I asked
"Age is nothing but a number." he said
"Be honest," I pushed
"I'll be 17 in 2 weeks," He said
"We live in 2 totally different worlds," I said
"No we don't," He started
"Don't argue with me," I stared him in the eyes and he just nodded.
"Now run along," I said and he did. I walked back to the table with the guys. Adam just shook his head.
"You are so bad," Adam said
"What? How?" I asked
"Using persuasion to make a boy believe he doesn't like you," Adam said
"I was just trying to be realistic," I said leaning my head on Julian's shoulder.
"You always make things difficult," Julian said
"Please, I don't want any trouble," I heard someone call, I sat up with wide eyes. Could this really be happening right now.
"Julian," I whispered
"Please I don't want any trouble," I heard someone call again and I jumped over the table and started running. I kept glancing back in hopes that someone had followed. I suddenly felt scared but I couldn't will myself to stop.
"I didn't mean any harm," The voice cried out. I could feel the pain in my stomach and ribs somebody was beating this royal up. I kept running until I reached the forest by our camp I tried to will myself to try and stop to wait but I couldn't. Every Custos I knew was at the masquerade. As I was running through the forest I heard gunshots. I could hear rustling from the tree tops. I only ran faster but my dress kept getting caught.
I felt something hit the back of my upper shoulder. I stumbled over but immediately got back up. I could hear laughing, but I shrugged it off.
"Julian!" I called out hoping he was somewhere behind me but in return I only heard more laughing. I ran as fast as I could until I hit the door; the door that lead to the other world, to my home.
I tried to stop because I knew I could get into trouble for going, but my body didn't listen but followed the voice.
"Please stop!" I heard him call out followed by grunts.
As I fell thought the other side of the door I was expecting those Custos to be waiting in the basement but wasn't surprised when no one was there I ran out of the house and saw a car. I knew running could take too long so I opted for the car. I had learned how to break the windows and wire the car. I broke the back window and opened the front door. I got down and pulled out the wires.
"Where are you taking me," I heard the voice.
"Hang on," I whispered to myself and the engine of the car was barely trying to start. "Come on!"
I yelled losing my patience. The car started and I twisted the wire into place. I hopped into the front seat. I looked at the house to see if anyone had followed. No one came out and I stepped on the gas and sped out of there. I was on a two way highway, I saw another car trying to catch up to me.
I tried to lose him in traffic and succeeded I pulled over at the beginning of a Cul de sac and ran to one of the houses.
"Please just let me go," The voice from inside the house said I don't know what possessed me but I walked over to the front door and knocked. A man maybe a year older than me answered the door.
"Where is he?" I said slamming him up against the wall.
"I don't know what you're talking about," He said and I threw him on the floor and walked upstairs.
"Hey you're not supposed to be up here," a guy said and I punched him in the face.
I knew the royal was behind the door but it was locked. I kicked the door down and a guy had a gun pointed to me and I grabbed his arm and twisted it with a sickening snap sound. I looked to the corner. I realized I still had my mask on and took it off.
"Gavin?" I said
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me, I usually don't like leaving you guys hanging like that but I wanted to post an update sooner. After this hopefully all those weird posts will start having answers.
Enjoy!
tee hee